trents66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Currently weigh 168 at 5’11. Should i continue cutting or start bulking?

So long story short. Last year i was playing college football and tore my ucl. I gained a lot of fat and didnt lift and got up to 225lbs. Since then i have been on and off dieting struggling until the last two months which have been solid. Im currently eating 1800 cals a day and lifting daily. Im down to 167lbs and people keep saying i look really skinny. A wanted to make sure that my maxes on my main lifts didnt go down at all and they have not. My goal was to have abs for the first time in my life but with losing all this weight i still dont have them. Im not sure if i should continue cutting a little longer or bulk now. Not sure how to add pictures to thread but have my progress picture on profile. Any advice is appreciated thanks!

Also: this is my first post and im new to these forums hope this is where im suppose to post this! Thanks.
    Last edited by trents66; 02-21-2018 at 05:23 PM.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you want to have abs(be lean) or weigh some meaningless number on a scale? Ask yourself that and then make your decision. Don't be surprised when you're under 150lbs at 5' 11'' and aren't shredded.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jplodd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whatever you decide....congrats on the results so far!! Awesome job man!

chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

"Currently weigh 168 at 5’11. Should i continue cutting or start bulking?"

Im currently in a similar boat. I never weighed that much but under estimated how light you have to be to have shredded abs. Got down to 11.5% body fat at 173lbs and didn't want to go any further otherwise I'd be small.

I'd suggest a clean bulk of around 1.5lbs a month while training for hypertrophy and do this for around 8 months then cut again. After the clean bulk you'll probably have and or be close when you hit 168 again. Gotta figure at 1.5lbs a month most of it will be muscle since you're not gaining a lot of weight.
    Chasing the pump

Barbell Squat- 470 1rm
    Barbell Bench- 325 1rm
    Weighted pullups- 100lbs 4-reps

178lbs, 12% body fat

kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All depends on your goals

trents66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the responses! Appreciate it.