Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You guys remember me? No more strongman...

No more strongman for me. I couldn't risk my hip replacement and carrying around all the extra strongman weight was starting to wear on my health. I've lost about 70 pounds since Oct 2017 ( I currently weigh around 270 ) and ....

When I was a kid, my dad forced me ( and my brother ) to play golf. I hated it, my brother loved it, and he's spent his life making money as a professional golfer. I hadn't swung a club in about 10 years, but about a year ago ( since strongman is gone ) I decided to resurect my golfing skills and train for long drive contests. Last summer, I hit my driver 325 yards at the local world long drive qualifier ( not good enough of course ) and over the winter I've kind of figured some things out, I've hit a few 340+ in the simulator. Last night at the driving range I had several swings that were over 150 miles per hour club head speed, pretty much equal to pro long drive guys ( I wish I knew how far they were going ). Even if my crappy radar device is off 10%, my swing is getting good.

I'm entering a few long drive contests this season. The first one is the beginning of March, it's small and from the numbers posted the last few years, I shouldn't have any problem doing well in my division. There are three world long drive events with masters divisions. Two of them are close enough for me to reasonably get to. One's in April the other is in May. The 3rd one is later in the year farther away, if I do OK at either of the first two I'll probably try to get to the third one.

Squatting and deadlifting ( from the floor ) is bad for my replaced hip. From my experimentation, benching does absolutely nothing for long drive, in fact it probably hurts it. Somehow I know "being strong" has to be applicable to long drive, but I'm still learning how. Any advice as to how you guys think I should train for long drive would be appreciated.
    Last edited by bigtallox; 01-30-2018 at 03:02 AM.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I do remember you. You were posting when I first started lifting again and first joined the forum. I remember enjoying your strongman perspective on a lot of things. Glad to see you back...no advice on golfing though.

You probably don't remember me from 7 years ago...20 pounds lighter and thought I knew a lot more than I did (he'll, thought I knew more then than I actually do know now, ha ha).

DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DirtyTrickster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tee em high and let em fly

Look up Jason Zuback, he might have the answers you seek

Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

*Philadelphia Phillies Crew*

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would think rotational movements could be beneficial.
    Have you ever though about trying clubbells?
    Most of the movements with them are side to side dynamic movements that work those core rotational muscles.
    Think of anything with a similar movement pattern.
    Probably lots of ab work, obliques and low back.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We had a long drive "entertainer" at a tourney last year, big, built dude and cooler than the other side of my pillow. I want to say he made like $900 for about 5 hours of work here:

Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BTO is back in the house.

Keep swingin' big man.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I remember you, welcome back. No golf advice, but I got a joke.

Two guys are out one day golfing. One slices off to the right, one hooks off to the left and they both go to retrieve their balls. The guy on the right is hacking and hacking at the ball but just can't lift it out of the buttercups. It has become lodged in. All of a sudden, up from the ground comes Mother Nature and is she mad!

"What the hell are you doing to my beautiful buttercups?" she asks.

"I'm just trying to get my golf ball out of them, lady", replies the golfer.

"Well, you are really making me mad. Just look what you've done to my buttercups. For this I must punish you. Your punishment will be an entire year without butter!!"

The golfer starts laughing hysterically which by now has just about worn out Mother Nature's patience.

"What in the hell do you think is so funny about no butter for a year?" she screams at him.

"I'm not laughing about that - I'm laughing about my friend over there whacking the hell out of your pussy willows!
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I remember you, welcome back. No golf advice, but I got a joke.

Two guys are out one day golfing. One slices off to the right, one hooks off to the left and they both go to retrieve their balls. The guy on the right is hacking and hacking at the ball but just can't lift it out of the buttercups. It has become lodged in. All of a sudden, up from the ground comes Mother Nature and is she mad!

"Well, you are really making me mad. Just look what you've done to my buttercups. For this I must punish you. Your punishment will be an entire year without butter!!"

The golfer starts laughing hysterically which by now has just about worn out Mother Nature's patience.

"What in the hell do you think is so funny about no butter for a year?" she screams at him.

"I'm not laughing about that - I'm laughing about my friend over there whacking the hell out of your pussy willows!
    Ha Funny!! hopefully I can remember that for April
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post

Guy is driving by a golf course and a sliced ball goes right through his windsheild and instantly kills his mother in law. He pulls over and confronts the golfer, the golfer is shocked and says "Oh man is there anything I can do to make it better??" The driver gets out and grabs the guys club, and says, "well let's start by keeping that left toe planted"
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome back, BigTO. Hope you do well.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome back.

You will do well in your new sport. You already have a strong base.

You should get a golfing coach to fine tune your movement.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Remember! Sounds like a fun way to apply your strength.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think about you every time a thread pops up about bodybuilding vs powerlifting, or training for aesthetics vs strength or power. Figured you either got depressed after the surgery or you reinvented yourself. Good to see you back. I've had to cut back on my squats not so much because of my hips, but my low back. Light weights high reps and cycling. Need to move so I can stay active riding during the winter months. Can't sit on an exercise bike going nowhere.

Can't help with the golf, but Dr. Stuart Macgill had some interesting findings in his research with athletes on things like driving the ball, or mixed martial artists and kicking. If i can find the podcast later i'll send you the link.
    Handle every situation like a dog ....
    If you can't Eat it or Screw it ,
    Piss on it and Walk Away.

brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000) brianmcg321 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should check out the long drive forum over at GolfWRX.

There are a few long drivers that post their workouts and practice tips.

One of the most popular is overspeed training where you swing just a shaft.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/...g-drivers-lab/

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For general S&C, have you tried any kettlebell swings?

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brianmcg321 View Post
    You should check out the long drive forum over at GolfWRX.

There are a few long drivers that post their workouts and practice tips.

One of the most popular is overspeed training where you swing just a shaft.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/...g-drivers-lab/
    Thanks. I had forgotten about that forum. I created an account about a year ago, but hadn't returned. I'm checking it out. Thanks.

Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    For general S&C, have you tried any kettlebell swings?
    I do kettlebell swings, and I still occasionally remember my strongman days by doing some keg tossing.

Originally Posted by Black Sunday View Post
    I think about you every time a thread pops up about bodybuilding vs powerlifting, or training for aesthetics vs strength or power.
    Nice. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Black Sunday View Post
    Figured you either got depressed after the surgery or you reinvented yourself.
    Yup, that's about right, both depressed and figuring out how to reinvent myself. Hopefully I'm coming out of all that, it's been not the best last couple of years.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great to see you!

I'm a one plane guy, just wrap it up and crank it. I enjoyed long drive until I sent my geek dct head down range.

I'd work back, and do good girl bad girl for weights.

But, you can't beat using a swing speed device and swinging as fast and often as possible.

Here's what my swing looks like. My fastest was 147. I did manage a 98 mph pitching wedge as well.

https://youtu.be/wddHDqMWZec

https://youtu.be/6nAwPEl5XKc

B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    With your past, you’re no doubt still strong as heck... I would focus on overall flexibility just as much as anything for the golf swing... A ton of swing momentum can be created from trunk rotation flexibility! I also enjoy golf, love to drive and hate the short game! Hahaha
    Jon - South Texas
    5’9” @ 199lb
    Deleting the ‘Dad Bod’ one set at a time!

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Great to see you!

I'm a one plane guy, just wrap it up and crank it. I enjoyed long drive until I sent my geek dct head down range.

But, you can't beat using a swing speed device and swinging as fast and often as possible.

Here's what my swing looks like. My fastest was 147. I did manage a 98 mph pitching wedge as well.

Cool videos.

Yeah, I have a swing speed radar device. I've made it say 169. Here's a clip from a few days ago.

Great to see you!

Lately, I hit left handed too to stay balanced.

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lots of long drive contestants use longer than normal shafts....I would suggest some lessons to develop better swing mechanics and balance...I took a lot of lessons as a youth and I've driven a 340 yard hole before along with numerous drives well over 300 mark using a balata ball and persimmon club heads. Legs, hips and lats are the power muscles in a golf swing arms are just the end of the whip. developing swing length along with keeping the power angle as you come back to the ball will result in longer drives...It's not just clubhead speed its also where on the club face you're making contact with the ball and the club face angle at contact...this where lessons will help....technique and a good clubhead path will out do pure strength...with your strength good technique will be the ticket to your longer drives...
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    Lots of long drive contestants use longer than normal shafts...
    Not in competitions they don't. A few years ago World Long Drive changed their rules to match USGA rules, so all the long drive guys now swing 48" drivers.

I would suggest some lessons to develop better swing mechanics and balance...I took a lot of lessons as a youth and I've driven a 340 yard hole before along with numerous drives well over 300 mark using a balata ball and persimmon club heads. Legs, hips and lats are the power muscles in a golf swing arms are just the end of the whip. developing swing length along with keeping the power angle as you come back to the ball will result in longer drives...It's not just clubhead speed its also where on the club face you're making contact with the ball and the club face angle at contact...this where lessons will help....technique and a good clubhead path will out do pure strength...with your strength good technique will be the ticket to your longer drives...
    Define "better swing mechanics". Better than what? What is wrong with my current mechanics? ...

I do have a guy I consider my "coach". But there's so much mis-information ( and bad information ) in golf. If you're only swinging the club 120 MPH ( ie PGA pro's ),"technique" will not/can not make up for club head speed.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Cool videos.

Yeah, I have a swing speed radar device. I've made it say 169. Here's a clip from a few days ago.

Dude, that's insane! What club are you swinging, shaft, grip? You're made for it

Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Not in competitions they don't. A few years ago World Long Drive changed their rules to match USGA rules, so all the long drive guys now swing 48" drivers.

Define "better swing mechanics". Better than what? What is wrong with my current mechanics? ...

I do have a guy I consider my "coach". But there's so much mis-information ( and bad information ) in golf. If you're only swinging the club 120 MPH ( ie PGA pro's ),"technique" will not/can not make up for club head speed.
    Pros usually use 45 or 44. They can use longer, they just don't.

Lots of long drive contestants use longer than normal shafts....I would suggest some lessons to develop better swing mechanics and balance...I took a lot of lessons as a youth and I've driven a 340 yard hole before along with numerous drives well over 300 mark using a balata ball and persimmon club heads. Legs, hips and lats are the power muscles in a golf swing arms are just the end of the whip. developing swing length along with keeping the power angle as you come back to the ball will result in longer drives...It's not just clubhead speed its also where on the club face you're making contact with the ball and the club face angle at contact...this where lessons will help....technique and a good clubhead path will out do pure strength...with your strength good technique will be the ticket to your longer drives...
    He's 6 8, most of what you, or I, know about golf simply doesn't apply. Fwiw a 140mph swing all square with low spin is a 400 yd drive. I've hit a few, though my tendency is a pull, so usually they ended up on the highway.

What bto can do is insane. Id simply work on face control. That speed would win nearly every event.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey man, good to hear from you! I know nothing about golf but good luck.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

Dude, that's insane! What club are you swinging, shaft, grip? You're made for it
    Thanks man. Currently, i have two Krank long drive drivers ( I did have 3 but I broke my first driver ). Next month I'm planning to hit my Krank formula 7 driver with a xx stiff flex fukushima shaft. I haven't determined what kind of grip I like yet. It seems most long drive guys get the thinnest grip you can find, to increase speed, but my hands are too big to do that. I'm guessing I really need 3x flex shaft, but 2x is what I currently have.
    Last edited by bigtallox; 02-08-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    Hey man, good to hear from you! I know nothing about golf but good luck.
    Thanks man. It seems to me long drive has just as much in common with highland games as "golf". ( personally I hate "golf", but long drive is different, it's actually fun lol ).
    Last edited by bigtallox; 02-08-2018 at 01:55 PM.