Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davik View Post
    Works for some people but I think it's pointless unless you're actually competing for strength or at meets. If you want your legs to grow or shape up or whatever it is you want, hit them with volume. Go for 6x10 instead or even more if you're feeling brave. Obviously lighter weight than you would for 3x5. No chance are you going to see significant changes if you're just doing 3 sets of minimum reps

nice try, switching what i aimed that at. the people will see though
    Wat? You are aware that high volume means just that.. a lot of volume. And not actual weight, right?
    **Northern crew**
    **EFC Crew**
    **Brit with teeth intact crew**
    **actually do lift crew**

davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Melis689 View Post
    Wat? You are aware that high volume means just that.. a lot of volume. And not actual weight, right?
    i literally copy pasted what i replied to you initially. its okay, this is an easy thing to make fun of and i wasnt expecting this....

Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i literally copy pasted what i replied to you initially. its okay, this is an easy thing to make fun of and i wasnt expecting this....
    My argument was that volume works well for leg development. My point still stands.
    **Northern crew**
    **EFC Crew**

davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My argument was that volume works well for leg development. My point still stands.
    you can build legs with 3x5... 3x5 is still volume

PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    dude 5 reps for noobs. its irresponsible to tell them to do high reps. i wrote it in the exact same sentence. since when can you not do 5s to accumulate volume? have you heard of 531, tm or madcows? since when does takign a 225 squat 405 not increase leg size? the whole point of volume is to drive strength or youll stay the same.
    I'm not saying you can't accumulate volume with low repetitions. I am saying that if your goal is purely hypertrophy that load is largely irrelivent and as such there is no reason to lock yourself into a 3-5 rep scheme.

The hypertrophy someone would experience taking their squat from 225 - 405 is just a function of progressive overload. It has nothing to do with rep range. Equvilent progression on the squat with a 10-12 rep range would yield similar results.

You seriously need to take a look at some research material outside of bb.com and t-nation.
    "The man who despises himself tries to gain self-esteem from sexual adventure – which can’t be done, because sex is not the cause, but an effect and an expression of a man’s sense of his own value." - Ayn Rand

Originally Posted by PaddleBunt View Post
    I'm not saying you can't accumulate volume with low repetitions. I am saying that if your goal is purely hypertrophy that load is largely irrelivent and as such there is no reason to lock yourself into a 3-5 rep scheme.

The hypertrophy someone would experience taking their squat from 225 - 405 is just a function of progressive overload. It has nothing to do with rep range. Equvilent progression on the squat with a 10-12 rep range would yield similar results.

You seriously need to take a look at some research material outside of bb.com and t-nation.
    i dont disagree with this. but i would argue that technique will break down even for semi experienced lifters so low reps are better. id rather do 80% for a few sets at 5 reps than several sets of 12 at a lowe %, due to time as well. i think you need to lay off the insults, when i know what youre talking about

you can build legs with 3x5... 3x5 is still volume
    That is not high volume. Sure it's intense (assuming the weight is high enough), but volume = amount
    **Northern crew**
    **EFC Crew**

That is not volume. Sure it's intense (assuming the weight is high enough), but volume = amount
    yeah so for example 140 x 5 x 3 = 2100 kgs. you can add 2.5 to increase it to 2137.5. see where im going with this? as long as you are progressing, high/low volume is irrelevant. you need to increase the volume over time anyway

PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i dont disagree with this. but i would argue that technique will break down even for semi experienced lifters so low reps are better. id rather do 80% for a few sets at 5 reps than several sets of 12 at a lowe %, due to time as well. i think you need to lay off the insults, when i know what youre talking about
    There is no reason to suggest that higher reps with a lower load will have a greater impact on form degredation. The imposed demand of the load isn't comparable. Low reps requires a higher load which will require greater structural intergrity, which is why people usually go to snap city when performing close to their 1rm. If anything higher reps is probably safer as the practitioner will have had more repetitions to practice safe form. The lower load also affords the ability to more safely bail from a poorly executed rep.

You also have to remember that load is not distributed evenly. Just because your quads can handle a certain weight doesn't mean your lower back can. As such a higher load approrpriate for stimulation of your quads may be to great an imposed demand for your lower back.

As for your point on time, thats largely irrelevent as well. Rest between a higher %1rm set is going to be much greater than a low %1rm set. So the time investment is probably pretty comparable
    "The man who despises himself tries to gain self-esteem from sexual adventure – which can’t be done, because sex is not the cause, but an effect and an expression of a man’s sense of his own value." - Ayn Rand

Originally Posted by PaddleBunt View Post
    There is no reason to suggest that higher reps with a lower load will have a greater impact on form degredation. The imposed demand of the load isn't comparable. Low reps requires a higher load which will require greater structural intergrity, which is why people usually go to snap city when performing close to their 1rm. If anything higher reps is probably safer as the practitioner will have had more repetitions to practice safe form. The lower load also affords the ability to more safely bail from a poorly executed rep.

You also have to remember that load is not distributed evenly. Just because your quads can handle a certain weight doesn't mean your lower back can. As such a higher load approrpriate for stimulation of your quads may be to great an imposed demand for your lower back.
    yeah i get that second part, but it doent really matter in the long run unless you are lifting wrong.

form breakdown matters due to quality of training. these are just my two pros over high reps. i dont think high reps only has any pros at all besides seeming easier to most people. but its harder than they think since it needs a lot of patience and hence bad form will definelty happen. you dont do 1rms at 5 rep set %s, so no. its just preference or if you want to try something new

I woke up like dis RonaldMcflurry's Avatar
    RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MongoloidMike View Post
    It happened to me. When I got into lifting starting strength was getting shilled at an all time high.
    Only part of my skinny body that grew was my ass and legs. The two places I probably could care less about growing, actually became a little self conscious of my fatass lel. Turned into a pear.

#metoo

Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz
    yeah i get that second part, but it doent really matter in the long run unless you are lifting wrong.

form breakdown matters due to quality of training. these are just my two pros over high reps. i dont think high reps only has any pros at all besides seeming easier to most people. but its harder than they think since it needs a lot of patience and hence bad form will definelty happen. you dont do 1rms at 5 rep set %s, so no. its just preference or if you want to try something new
    lol
    RIP Pedro Suarez Vertiz. Te queremos Hermano

If your right leg is Thanksgiving and your left leg is Christmas, can I come and visit you between the holidays?

I woke up like dis RonaldMcflurry's Avatar
    RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RonaldMcflurry has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    For any beginner the compounds are crucial to get the foundation started. You're not going to build your body doing a million bicep curls. Learn the important lifts, master form, get stronger/build some mass and branch off from there to focus on the smaller details.

If you squat 3 times a week and eat like a horse, neglecting your arms and doing low reps, your body is going to look like ****. I never said anything about a million bicep curls, but that would probably give you bigger arms than ZERO bicep curls. I would argue that a hypertrophy routine or bro split, even with high reps/moderate weight, would give more aesthetic results for a newbie, providing that their diet is perfect.

TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you're a beginner 20 reps is optimal.
    I laugh I rep crew
    always picks 5 crew
    LTC and proud.
    No teddies, small ass and wide shoulders.

MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    Should have fukked her right in the pussy
    Miscing since 2006; miscing until I'm dead.

infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) infinityplus1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some guy asked me for a spot once, so i took weight off the bar and said "there u go big fella"
    Now 235 is what I'm benching, but nowadays it's still not enough - ICE CUBE

tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did SS for my first year of lifting and it worked wonders. Women don't know **** about training and "trainers" know even less.

I've gone from 165/170 - 205 by strength training, so just keep it up.

MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by infinityplus1 View Post
    Some guy asked me for a spot once, so i took weight off the bar and said "there u go big fella"
    It's nice to have a spotter when you've never lifted that weight before

MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarusDod is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tats27 View Post
    I did SS for my first year of lifting and it worked wonders. Women don't know **** about training and "trainers" know even less.

I've gone from 165/170 - 205 by strength training, so just keep it up.
    You're right, I wish I had started this earlier, would probably be on the 225/315/405 club right now if I did

Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heightlet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    son, someday you will realize that there are times to son, and times to be sonned

TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just do a typical bro split and aim for a weight you can push 8-10 reps with. Its really not that hard.

Originally Posted by TsarChasm View Post
    Just do a typical bro split and aim for a weight you can push 8-10 reps with. Its really not that hard.
    No thanks jeff, not going back to that again

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RonaldMcflurry View Post
    If you squat 3 times a week and eat like a horse, neglecting your arms and doing low reps, your body is going to look like ****. I never said anything about a million bicep curls, but that would probably give you bigger arms than ZERO bicep curls. I would argue that a hypertrophy routine or bro split, even with high reps/moderate weight, would give more aesthetic results for a newbie, providing that their diet is perfect.
    You eat like a horse and you're going to look like shi* no matter what program you're running. There are plenty of compound lifts where your arms are getting hit. You're acting like your arms aren't getting any work at all.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Professional Toner WorldClassDBag's Avatar
    WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RonaldMcflurry View Post
    Just do an upper/lower split with linear progression. Problem solved.
    S/B/D/OHP: 405/265/495/180

suf·fer Beau·ti·(ful)·ly

SA Spurs

nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    You eat like a horse and you're going to look like shi* no matter what program you're running. There are plenty of compound lifts where your arms are getting hit. You're acting like your arms aren't getting any work at all.
    Beginners should definitely be focusing more on compounds than isos, but it’s not like it is difficult or taxing to throw some in to make sure muscles dont lag. And yes arms get work with coumpunds but youre not maxamizing hypertrophy on the individual muscle. For the guys who just want too look good and not be powerlifters, ignoring isos seems silly.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nm1891 View Post
    Beginners should definitely be focusing more on compounds than isos, but it’s not like it is difficult or taxing to throw some in to make sure muscles dont lag. And yes arms get work with coumpunds but youre not maxamizing hypertrophy on the individual muscle. For the guys who just want too look good and not be powerlifters, ignoring isos seems silly.
    I already stated in post # 66 to focus on the compounds to get the foundation started and branch off from there for the finer details. I don't think about lagging body parts with beginners. That becomes more of a focus when you have more time in and an actual foundation to start picking apart.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Someone else mentioned it ITT, but don’t expect expertise in nutrition, understanding of the latest meta analysis for advanced athletes etc. when it comes to a typical PT in a gym.

Honestly, the biggest achievement a PT can make for the average person it to motivate them to work out at all consistently. We might argue about optimal methods on this forum but recall the average person would do very well to be motivated to work out in any way.

Adapting to different psychological profiles and working with individuals on poor eating habits is the biggest challenge of a typical PT. Basically helping someone shift their lifestyle.
    𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖈𝕶, 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by janglingjack View Post
    your arms will be indirectly hit from the compounds though. Is that the logic of the program?
    No. He said you're benching once a week and that's it. This isn't correct. In SS novice phase, you alternate press and bench every session, and after a few weeks add powercleans and chinups. So over two weeks it'll look something like,

squat, press, deadlift
    squat, bench, powerclean
    squat, press, chinups
    squat, bench, deadlift
    squat, press, powerclean
    squat, bench, chinups

So that, not counting the deadlift as an upper body movement (you can't do a decent deadlift without a strong upper back), but counting the powerclean (hello traps!), you have 8 lower body movements in two weeks, and 10 upper body. The major issues young guys face when doing this is that,

1. nobody does powercleans on their own, and
    2. they usually don't do chinups, and
    3. they insist on 2.5kg/5lb jumps in press and bench, and so get stuck around a 50kg/110lb press and 80kg/175lb bench. If you don't add weight to the exercise then of course you don't gain muscle, the same is true of curls and lat pulldowns and the rest. Microplates become necessary, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 and 1kg plates.

If you ignore many of the exercises in a programme and don't progress the resistance, naturally it won't give you the results you hoped for. "I didn't follow the programme and it didn't work!" Well, yeah, no sht. It's like I said earlier: it's not really the programming, it's whether you actually do it. You would be better off actually doing a bro-split than not doing SS for a few weeks and then proclaiming, "I tried the Rippletoes and it didn't work, oh yeah those good morning squats lolz."

This of course is the problem with giving training advice to males. They ignore and mangle it and then claim it didn't work.

East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MarusDod View Post
    Alright since you are a trainer too, could you please elaborate why most of you do this ****?
    i dont but i'm also not a dbag. if someone asks for tips or advice illl help them out or offer some comp sessions for them. go over their goals etc best way to get there but not change stuff so much that they are out of their element and are confused hate it or injure themselves
    "it's alright man, you can laugh. I laughed when you walked in" - Jay Cutler
    Power stance, BOOM
    **Husker Football Nation**

DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000) DFDA15 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Surprised she didn't try to tell you that you need oxygen enriched water if you're going to lift heavy.

Stay safe boyos!
    US NAVY Nuke (Former 2012-18)
    Squat - 315 ATG
    Bench - 235
    Dead - 435
    Tired of your $hit Crew
    Current Routine: Arnold's Blueprint for Mass
    Last Routine: PTW Novice Powerlifting Program