MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is 3 warm meals a day bad for you?

Hi all,

Is anyone else eating warm meals 3 times a day? I meal prep my entire week and on training days I have (roughly):
    *breakfast: warm over night oats with egg whites
    *lunch: meat (chicken/minced beef) + veggies
    *pre-workout: rice + meat + veggies
    *post-workout: rice + meat + veggies

(Meat and veggies differ from meal to meal.)

Should I have a "cold meal" as well? It would be easy to skip the meal prep for lunch and just have a sandwich with meat and veggies, but bread makes me feel bloated so I try to prevent this. A salad is an option, but not really something I enjoy eating on cold winter days...

When I was a kid I always heart people say how it's bad to even have two warm meals a day. I am having three now.

What are your opinions on this? Should I just ignore this outdated information from my grandparents? Or any ideas to incorporate a cold meal, without having bread for lunch?

Thanks in advance!

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I have never read anything to indicate a warm meal will yield negative effects.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your grandparents were weird.

Carry on
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    as long as you eat it with your left hand while listening to Kenny G you should be fine......

Seriously tho- food is food...provided you didn’t leave it in your car for 2 days I think you’re ok warm or cold. I eat most of my meals room temp other than dinner and sometimes breakfast.....
    Dad
    Poolboy
    Volunteer Firefighter
    Swole enough to be dangerous

MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigDaddyBrose View Post
    as long as you eat it with your left hand while listening to Kenny G you should be fine......

Seriously tho- food is food...provided you didn’t leave it in your car for 2 days I think you’re ok warm or cold. I eat most of my meals room temp other than dinner and sometimes breakfast.....
    Haha No, when I meantioned warm or cold, I wasn't talking about the temperature of the food. I was on about: meat + carbs + veggies (~plate meals) instead of a salad or a sandwich from time to time. That is my split between warm and cold food, not the actual temperature

But ok, guess it's no big deal then, when I see the amount of reads and the amount of people commenting I should stop immediately!!

BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MaximeBt View Post
    Haha No, when I meantioned warm or cold, I wasn't talking about the temperature of the food. I was on about: meat + carbs + veggies (~plate meals) instead of a salad or a sandwich from time to time. That is my split between warm and cold food, not the actual temperature

But ok, guess it's no big deal then, when I see the amount of reads and the amount of people commenting I should stop immediately!!
    as long as you are meeting your nutrient requirements for whatever you are trying to do it shouldn't make much difference. protein/fats/carbs in most any variety of food is good....
    Dad
    Poolboy
    Volunteer Firefighter
    Swole enough to be dangerous

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Is this the Asian "hot air/cool air" thing?

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want to make your diet as healthy as possible consuming some raw fruit and vegetables would be recommended.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi all,

Is anyone else eating warm meals 3 times a day? I meal prep my entire week and on training days I have (roughly):

Should I have a "cold meal" as well? It would be easy to skip the meal prep for lunch and just have a sandwich with meat and veggies, but bread makes me feel bloated so I try to prevent this. A salad is an option, but not really something I enjoy eating on cold winter days...

When I was a kid I always heart people say how it's bad to even have two warm meals a day. I am having three now.

What are your opinions on this? Should I just ignore this outdated information from my grandparents? Or any ideas to incorporate a cold meal, without having bread for lunch?

Thanks in advance!
    Go with what works positively for you: you like them warm? Then that's all that matters

For me I have to have certain meals warm; cold gives me GI issues
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Never heard or read anything about hot vs. cold food but if I had a choice I'd have hot meals all day..

-edit- sorry just saw you mention that you weren't actually referring to the temperature

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol wtf is this?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I also hate cold food.

I haven't had a cold meal at home in months. Even breakfast I have a carb + meat + veggies. Hate all traditional breakfast foods.
    Healthcare Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Lifting from August 2017
    SBD
    August: 40kg(88)/40kg(88)/60kg(132)
    Current: 90kg(198)/80kg(176)/140kg(309)

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Lol wtf is this?
    Vichyssoise FTW
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
    Warm meals and cold meals? Sounds like bro science to me.
    Hey, my name is Mitko Kazakov (aka The Fitness Consistency Coach). I specialize in helping people stay consistent with proper training & nutrition practices in order to develop a phenomenal physique over at MitkoKazakov.com

bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000)
    since you can eat anything hot or cold, you need to specify what you mean a bit more before we can help.

@all above: let's refer to it as "cooked" and "raw", as boo99 mentioned already.

Cooked meals versus Raw meals (~salad, sandwich with raw tomato, carrots, slice of turkey, ...)

Hope this takes all the fun out of the thread. It is a serious question though

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    One thing I've learned is that everyone has opinions about diet and nutrition even when they have zero formal education in the area. Whereas nobody would profess an opinion about electronic circuit design (say) without any knowledge... and you will hear some really wacky stuff.

If you start from the assumption that everything in moderation and things will work out just fine then you will never be too far off the mark. View any pronouncements like "no carbs after 6pm" or "not more than 1 warm meal per day" with a healthy scepticism.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    @all above: let's refer to it as "cooked" and "raw", as boo99 mentioned already.

Cooked meals versus Raw meals (~salad, sandwich with raw tomato, carrots, slice of turkey, ...)

Hope this takes all the fun out of the thread. It is a serious question though
    You got a serious answer too: If you want to make your diet as healthy as possible consuming some raw fruit and vegetables would be recommended.

Consuming one raw salad per day has shown beneficial effects on longevity in some scientific studies.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 01-09-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    You got a serious answer too: If you want to make your diet as healthy as possible consuming some raw fruit and vegetables would be recommended.

Consuming one raw salad per day has shown beneficial effects on longevity in scientific studies.
    Sorry! I quoted the wrong person. I wanted to quote you instead of boo99. You were the one who mentioned "raw" foods.

Thanks for your answer

jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TIL about the warm meal rule
    We're all gonna make it.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I avoid warm meals at all costs. ALL costs!!! If the food gets warm i put it back in the microwave to get it nice and hot again.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

/thread.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The control of fire by early humans hundreds of thousands (and possibly millions) of years ago allowed them to consume cooked, hot meals and was a turning point in the evolution of human civilization.

Didn't know so many bodybuilders actually thought they were funny.

Stick to lifting weights, loves.