Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Universal Basic Income Explained Clearly

And of course, the GOAT of economics preaching an logical way of applying a variation of universal basic income via a negative tax system.

2014 Misc Resolution: Negging no pics (screen captures of text don't count as pics)

HairyWBush Reps for life - Hamster Compassion: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181804893

JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000) JackTheMiscer is just really nice. (+1000)
    we will eventually need a basic income. the top 1% can easily pay for it too.

Zipper Suited Sun God Ironmanlet's Avatar
    Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Literally just watched this last night. Kurzesagt is a great and informative channel. Good post.
    I only read thread titles and my own posts.

cVc (OIF/OEF): *Retired*
    Sorry for perfect english; I have a degree.

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

PS: Don't eat poop, just don't let the idea of it stop you from living life to its fullest.

Hawaiian shirt hoarder FAPhaggot's Avatar
    FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think we'll ultimately need a universal basic income, but the potential for abuse with it ****ing scares me.

"Implant this RFID chip so we can track you 24/7."

"No."

"We're taking your basic income."
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FA******* View Post
    I think we'll ultimately need a universal basic income, but the potential for abuse with it ****ing scares me.

"Implant this RFID chip so we can track you 24/7."

"No."

"We're taking your basic income."
    Not a big fan of the 'slippery slope' argument. Do you think RFID chips will take off?

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

PS: Don't eat poop, just don't let the idea of it stop you from living life to its fullest.

Hawaiian shirt hoarder FAPhaggot's Avatar
    FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    Not a big fan of the 'slippery slope' argument. Do you think RFID chips will take off?
    Within the 2-3 generations it will take to get universal basic income off the ground? Absolutely.

But looking at the bigger picture, is that giving the govt the sole means of income over say 90% of the population gives them a scary amount of leverage.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

Within the 2-3 generations it will take to get universal basic income off the ground? Absolutely.

But looking at the bigger picture, is that giving the govt the sole means of income over say 90% of the population gives them a scary amount of leverage.
    I think I am just being naive about this whole thing. I doubt RFID chips will become a thing. I have not read anything or seen anything that has convinced me they will. But I remain open minded about it.

You are right about that much government control. I heard the term politics once defined as: "deciding who gets what resources, when and how." Which makes sense.

Not to be cliche, but in order to prevent government over reach and corruption, regardless of how reliant as a society we are on the government, we need to make sure that we remain informed, and actively engaged.

The people in political power are no different than you or I, other than they exploited those two concepts. Things that we are all capable of.

thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is literally communism.

Communism doesn't work, it has never worked, it will never work.

Give a monkey free bananas and it will get fat, lazy, depressed, and dependant unable to take care of itself.

Fuk you commie bastards.

CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    RFID chips? You mean SIM cards in cell phones? The plan changed, they don't need to surgically install them into your wrist. They have GPS tracking on your phone. And of course the good ol' rumors of chips in state drivers licenses.

Originally Posted by thorpowers View Post

Give a monkey free bananas and it will get fat, lazy, depressed, and dependant unable to take care of itself.

Fuk you commie bastards.
    Yea but the 40 - 72 hour work week is over the top as hell. There's no way society still necessitates the majority of the population living to work anymore. Technology renders debt servitude irrelevant. If wages had risen with the cost of living and productivity, things would be a fuk of a lot better than they are now.

Fuk you commie bastards.
    First of all, take your meds bro.

Really poor analogy.

whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

As complacent and ill-informed the current population is today regarding their privacy, and freedoms, I think we are an incredible ways away from RFID chips being common place, and accepted by the masses. There are some things that will simply get too much blow back from the general populace, and the American population is not yet that fearful and irrational when it comes to whatever the fuk they deem reasonable threats. Of course, that's subject to change the way fear mongering continues.

Regarding too much government leverage...yes, it may be a problem. I suppose I am naive in this, but why vote for a government you're fearful about, and mistrust. I suppose I'm of the mindset that if you vote for your particular elected representatives, deal with the consequences of your actions. And if you didn't vote for said persons, well, get to work instituting the changes that need to happen through the appropriate means; i.e. vote accordingly.

Either way, a negative income tax is a means to transition lower income families/people, and eliminate the poverty line, and do away with resource depleting, and socially destructive systems like welfare. The goal would be that fewer and fewer people will eventually need to rely on such systems, and leverage and power will become less and less of an issue. Of course, this is in an ideal world.

Fuk you commie bastards.
    I guess you didn't watch the videos.

Originally Posted by CrimsonSteel View Post
    RFID chips? You mean SIM cards in cell phones? The plan changed, they don't need to surgically install them into your wrist. They have GPS tracking on your phone. And of course the good ol' rumors of chips in state drivers licenses.

Yea but the 40 - 72 hour work week is over the top as hell. There's no way society still necessitates the majority of the population living to work anymore. Technology renders debt servitude irrelevant. If wages had risen with the cost of living and productivity, things would be a fuk of a lot better than they are now.
    Completely agree with the later points. I imagine as automation continues to take its hold, this fact will become much more apparent
    2014 Misc Resolution: Negging no pics (screen captures of text don't count as pics)

HairyWBush Reps for life - Hamster Compassion: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181804893

thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000) thorpowers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CrimsonSteel View Post
    That's the kinda entitled attitude I would expect from a supporter of this idea. Your income is directly based off the value you bring. If you work 72 hours in a week and only make $1000 then increase the value you give to others. I work ~5 hours a week and make 10k+ a month. Nobody forces you to work 40-72 hours a week in a free country. You chose that, work smarter not harder.

That's the kinda entitled attitude I would expect from a supporter of this idea. Your income is directly based off the value you bring. If you work 72 hours in a week and only make $1000 then increase the value you give to others. I work ~5 hours a week and make 10k+ a month. Nobody forces you to work 40-72 hours a week in a free country. You chose that, work smarter not harder.
    literal misc stats.

InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JackTheMiscer View Post
    we will eventually need a basic income. the top 1% can easily pay for it too.
    The top 1% already pay more in taxes than any other group by a wide margin. Stop demonizing the wealthy and trying to steal from them.
    "That boulder is too large. I could lift a smaller one."

-Hercules

Starting Weight (July 2018) - 362
    Current Weight (July 2019) - 268

Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by whitepaper View Post
    That's a pretty convincing video.

However, it's naive to think people just need a 'chance' to drag themselves out of poverty. You can't fix laziness and self-destructive behavior by throwing money at it. The issue is stopping them from spending the money on illegal chit like drugs/gambling. It has to go back into the economy.

Welfare systems in most counties are full of absolute bullchit, I do like the idea of cleaning it up by giving everyone just enough money to not die and let them get on with it. I think it would benefit a lot of people.

m8, we're living in new times. We have a generation of people brainwashed by leftist institutions. They believe everyone is oppressed by the rich and are hell-bent on bringing the whole system down. Keeping the peace is a legitimate worry. As the wealth gap widens, this will only get worse. I hate the idea of taking someone's chit and giving it to someone else as much as you, but this is the reality we're living in.

Plus, welfare already exists..

Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why would 90% of the population willingly become poverty proletariats for a ruling 10% class?

Can't believe how many people are wanting this.

Yeah in comes a cashless society, then comes UBI, then comes the negative interest rates so people spend their money so they don't lose it, then your UBI fortnightly funds get an expiry date, then comes the government switching off your UBI if you do something they don't like.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever."

InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bar182 View Post
    Can't believe how many people are wanting this."
    You can't believe how many lazy liberal ****s want free ****?

-Hercules

CEO of the Unified Fund ErnieMccracken's Avatar
    ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No mention of the alternative? What do you scholars think will happen once automation takes every lower and middle class (aka 100% of miscers) job? Go visit Brazil or any other craphole country with a huge wealth gap.

There will be a tiny class of ultra wealthy (not you) and everyone else will live like this:

Originally Posted by Bar182 View Post
    Why would 90% of the population willingly become poverty proletariats for a ruling 10% class?

Can't believe how many people are wanting this.

Yeah in comes a cashless society, then comes UBI, then comes the negative interest rates so people spend their money so they don't lose it, then your UBI fortnightly funds get an expiry date, then comes the government switching off your UBI if you do something they don't like.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever."
    Because the majority of people are lazy, followers, and low IQ. They can not compete in a free market and so they want to take from the producers. They do not even realize that this will just cause depression rates, suicide, drug addiction, ect problems through the roof as it will rob the masses of their incentive, and they will lose purpose and motivation in life.

thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Universal income is literally the anti-thesis of American values and a capitalistic republic. America didn't become the most prosperous country in the history of civilization by giving handouts.

Since the dawn of man, the concept of you work or you don't eat has been the driving force for innovation and community participation to cause a group to live life as best as possible.

Removing any incentive to work will never result in a better society. Survival of the fittest and survival of those who put in effort is the law of the universe.

I live in the handout capital of the US, east Los Angeles. Everywhere I see illegal immigrants who just sit around all day smoking weed with their 3 anchor babies collecting checks without even the slightest desire to improve themselves or ever work. Why would they? The moment you start giving away things for free is the moment every poor human being from around the world comes to leach the system.

There are almost 7 billion people in the world. Not everyone is meant to be equal.

cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cphunter70 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take away social welfare programs and put money in my pockets sounds good to me. $1k basic income or less only if you work and apply work credits for a massive payout if you choose to accumlate over x amount of years. brb payout tax free in 30yrs. brb payout for house downpayment.

Def not quitting my job for basic income.
    **Los Angeles Misc Crew**
    *INFJ Crew*

based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Where does the money come from? If it comes through higher taxes on companies then they would absolutely seek to make up the lost revenue through higher prices for consumers, especially if they knew billions of dollars of disposable income were being pumped into the economy each month.

We’ve spent over twenty Trillion dollars fighting a “war on poverty” and only made things worse. Are these the people we trust to implement a UBI? The world is ran by governments and corporations, which ultimately seek to strengthen themselves. If you think anything would get passed that doesn’t serve that goal first and foremost you’re being extremely naive.
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

Originally Posted by thugonomics View Post
    Universal income is literally the anti-thesis of American values and a capitalistic republic. America didn't become the most prosperous country in the history of civilization by giving handouts.

Since the dawn of man, the concept of you work or you don't eat has been the driving force for innovation and community participation to cause a group to live life as best as possible.

Removing any incentive to work will never result in a better society. Survival of the fittest and survival of those who put in effort is the law of the universe.

I live in the handout capital of the US, east Los Angeles. Everywhere I see illegal immigrants who just sit around all day smoking weed with their 3 anchor babies collecting checks without even the slightest desire to improve themselves or ever work. Why would they? The moment you start giving away things for free is the moment every poor human being from around the world comes to leach the system.

There are almost 7 billion people in the world. Not everyone is meant to be equal.
    Exactly. These millennials are spoiled rotten. Want everything free, everything to be "equal". Trying to make unequal things equal causes the greatest inequality. Want to steal from the producers at gunpoint, while having to contribute no value to others, literal parasites. In a free market, the natural order of things, these commies would have died out, leaving their poverty genetics with them. The welfare state allows them to keep multiplying.

Instead of UBI, how about instead completely eliminate all welfare programs, food stamps, the IRS, ect. If you're lazy, or incompetent then we don't want you around. Give value or go away. No parasites.

Darwinism needs to be allowed. People need to be free to fail. It's nobody else's fault if you're a dumb, lazy fukc.

-Hercules

CEO of the Unified Fund ErnieMccracken's Avatar
    ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Exactly. These millennials are spoiled rotten. Want everything free, everything to be "equal". Trying to make unequal things equal causes the greatest inequality. Want to steal from the producers at gunpoint, while having to contribute no value to others, literal parasites. In a free market, the natural order of things, these parasites would have died out, leaving their poverty genetics with them. The welfare state allows them to keep multiplying.

Instead of UBI, how about instead completely eliminate all welfare programs, food stamps, the IRS, ect. If you're lazy, or incompetent then we don't want you around. Give value or go away. No parasites.

We are at an inflection point since the economy is now global. If we don't want to compete with China and India in a race to the bottom, we have to figure out a new approach. It's not political, it's simple economics. Again, YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE RULING CLASS. The dumb chit you are spouting is the exact same things that the 1% will say about you. Ironic.

Originally Posted by ErnieMccracken View Post
    We are at an inflection point since the economy is now global. If we don't want to compete with China and India in a race to the bottom, we have to figure out a new approach. It's not political, it's simple economics. Again, YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE RULING CLASS. The dumb chit you are spouting is the exact same things that the 1% will say about you. Ironic.
    The ruling class ARE THE ONES PUSHING FOR UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME!! People like Mark Zuckerberg, George Soros, Angela Merkel are the ones going on and on about UBI. Think about the big picture. These elite politicians and billionaires want nothing more than to consolidate their power even more and have a population completely dependant on their poverty 12k a year that they completely control.

And it is literally communism with a different name. They know communism has a 100+ year history of death, destruction, and failure; so they just gave it a new fancy name and now the same parasites support it...

Originally Posted by Gainzzz View Post
    That's a pretty convincing video.

However, it's naive to think people just need a 'chance' to drag themselves out of poverty. You can't fix laziness and self-destructive behavior by throwing money at it. The issue is stopping them from spending the money on illegal chit like drugs/gambling. It has to go back into the economy.

Welfare systems in most counties are full of absolute bullchit, I do like the idea of cleaning it up by giving everyone just enough money to not die and let them get on with it. I think it would benefit a lot of people.
    Hence the second video.

Welfare doesn't work given that it incentivises people to not work, and punishes them for making progress.

The negative income tax deals with that appropriately.

The ruling class ARE THE ONES PUSHING FOR UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME!! People like Mark Zuckerberg, George Soros, Angela Merkel are the ones going on and on about UBI. Think about the big picture. These elite politicians and billionaires want nothing more than to consolidate their power even more and have a population completely dependant on their poverty 12k a year that they completely control.

And it is literally communism with a different name. They know communism has a 100+ year history of death, destruction, and failure; so they just gave it a new fancy name and now the same parasites support it...
    you have not taken your meds yet.

Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    you have not taken your meds yet.
    Wasn't clever the first time, you thought this ad hominem was so brilliant you had to repeat it?

If you want to be respected direct your criticism at my position, make a logical rebuttal...

Registered Wisconsin Brah tsunami2012's Avatar
    tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsunami2012 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

^^ This exactly.
    These same elites continuously try to sell communism under new names. The endgame is always the same. The more dependent we are on the government, the more power they have over us. And history tells us that trusting the government with that type of power is a recipe for disaster.