VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Upper Body Only Workout for a month or so

Hi Guys,
    Trying to figure out a decent upper body workout with some variance for the next month or so.
    Got clearance from my doctor to start working out again...recently sprained my knee pretty bad and had to stay away from working out a bit. Can't even bend my knee fully yet and there is still a bit of pain in that sector. Regardless I can walk and run now which is good. Didn't get clearance to do any heavy leg exercises or anything that involves extreme bending or stretching around the knee area...

So for the next month or so while this fully recovers, looking to do some work to focus on upper body and a bit of cardio that isn't too intense on the legs (thinking rowing). Any tips or suggestions around this?
    Last edited by VmissileX; 12-05-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bumping up once more, looking for some assistance.
    Prior to injury i was doing Madcows and been making pretty stready strides on it. Not sure if it makes sense for this month to just do Only the bench/ rows 2 days a week or to vary it a bit more.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think I would

Bench
    Row
    OHP (or seated db if you can't ohp)
    Pulldown
    Face Pull

3x a week.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    for upper body i would do mostly seated/lying exercises. heavy standing exercises may not be so great for you right now.

Focus a lot on bench and rowing/pull-ups. I'm sure you can still do some lower back and abs so don't neglect those. If anything hurts or puts pressure on the knees don't do them.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    I think I would

Bench
    Row
    OHP (or seated db if you can't ohp)
    Pulldown
    Face Pull

3x a week.
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    for upper body i would do mostly seated/lying exercises. heavy standing exercises may not be so great for you right now.

Focus a lot on bench and rowing/pull-ups. I'm sure you can still do some lower back and abs so don't neglect those. If anything hurts or puts pressure on the knees don't do them.
    Cheers! Perfect!

Benching seems to be good, i am a little worried about OHP because of the strain that does put on the knee and legs overall, so will stay away from there.
    Thank you both for the advice!

TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VmissileX View Post
    Cheers! Perfect!

Benching seems to be good, i am a little worried about OHP because of the strain that does put on the knee and legs overall, so will stay away from there.
    Thank you both for the advice!
    Do Z press brah.
    Current PRs: (S/B/D) 145kg / 100kg / 180kg // 2018 goal PRs: 160kg / 110kg / 190kg

log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174500821

Fat fake natty mansloot of the FMH crew

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by VmissileX View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Trying to figure out a decent upper body workout with some variance for the next month or so.
    Got clearance from my doctor to start working out again...recently sprained my knee pretty bad and had to stay away from working out a bit. Can't even bend my knee fully yet and there is still a bit of pain in that sector. Regardless I can walk and run now which is good. Didn't get clearance to do any heavy leg exercises or anything that involves extreme bending or stretching around the knee area...

So for the next month or so while this fully recovers, looking to do some work to focus on upper body and a bit of cardio that isn't too intense on the legs (thinking rowing). Any tips or suggestions around this?
    I'm not sure how you're going to be able to do anything in a gym without at least indirectly putting strain on your injured knee. Even just trying to load a bar for Bench Presses may cause a problem.

You'd probably do well to just wait until you're 100%, but it's your knee.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733