rickyl22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't get my chest to grow

I can't feel my chest burn after i workout, apparently when i do chest exercises i am working out my shoulders and triceps mainly because those are the muscles than i feel burning after chest routine. When i do biceps, triceps, back etc, i always feel them burn (tired/sore) after a workout, all except my chest, also after 1 year of working out my chest is the only muscle that doesn't grow obviously. This is my chest routine.

4 sets incline DB press 8-12 reps
    4 sets flat DB press 8-12 reps
    4 sets machine fly 8-12 reps
    4 sets flat DB fly 8-12 reps

Twice a week.

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try doing dips leaning forward somewhat. For your incline db press, try using one notch up from flat bench instead of any more. Make sure you are using slow controlled downward on it, and touching the dumbbells to your chest. Not sure what else you could do.
    Weighted pullups = 195 lbs x1
    Weighted dips = 225 lbs x2
    Squat = 405 x2

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If body weight and weight on the bar is going up...then fix your form. Sounds like its off in your description of delts n tris talking yhe load.

Scapula positioning is EVERY THING for hitting chest.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000) felpadubove is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rickyl22 View Post
    I can't feel my chest burn after i workout, apparently when i do chest exercises i am working out my shoulders and triceps mainly because those are the muscles than i feel burning after chest routine. When i do biceps, triceps, back etc, i always feel them burn (tired/sore) after a workout, all except my chest, also after 1 year of working out my chest is the only muscle that doesn't grow obviously. This is my chest routine.

4 sets incline DB press 8-12 reps
    4 sets flat DB press 8-12 reps
    4 sets machine fly 8-12 reps
    4 sets flat DB fly 8-12 reps

Twice a week.

Is there something i'm doing wrong?
    I think you are doing a lot of volume, thats more that you probably can handle, try this:
    First day:

4 sets bench 3-6-6-8 (reps)
    3 sets incline reverse grip bench (the BEST excercise for the upper chest and it was a game changer for me) 3x8
    Low cable crossover 2x8

Second day the same but do high cable crossover

TomLeventhall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My main advice would be to mix it up. If you've been doing that same routine for a year, it's not surprising that you've hit a plateau. There are a millon YouTube videos on chest routines, go nuts!

- Tom Leventhall

Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    eat more and get on a proper routine

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Crysthal View Post
    eat more and get on a proper routine
    This x10000.

Your "program" is trash. If you don't follow a proper routine that places emphasis on progressive overload, you can expect to get nowhere for another year.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Let’s see some full body pics. Chances are your chest is fine and you want to prioritize it because it’s a showy muscle.

For what it’s worth I (and many experienced lifters) haven’t felt many given muscles “burn” for years when working out. A burn or pump isn’t an indicator you aren’t hitting the muscle.

But not really worth an in depth analysis/advice without pics for a baseline.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    If body weight and weight on the bar is going up...then fix your form. Sounds like its off in your description of delts n tris talking yhe load.

Scapula positioning is EVERY THING for hitting chest.
    this
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like a technique issue to me.
    With dumbbells many novice lifters just focus on going from point A to point B without focusing on the working muscle more like pure strength training.
    Here are a couple tips that might help.
    One keep an arched back/upper back throughout your set.
    If you collapse your chest and lift from a flat position your shoulders and triceps get more involved.
    Try to press in a nice arcing motion ( ) and not a V type ^ where you let the DB's fall inward while pressing.

The angle of the DB's in your hand is another factor.
    If you turn the DB's inward while pressing you take stress off the chest and make the movement a bit easier.
    IMO the DB's should be level or slightly tilted outward when pressing in the arcing motion for best chest stimulation.

Focus on the upper arms coming together and contracting the chest area.
    You may have to lighten up your weight until you get the technique so you feel the chest and not your shoulders and triceps.
    Good luck.

crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500) crazysnake2 is not very helpful. (-500)
    op you are doing everything wrong. The thing is, some people, myself included, have what I would call ''bad'' genetics for chest development, I was like you, I had everything except chest, traps and calves, I had everything else though. What worked for me is heavy bench presses with a wide grip, you will need a good spotter and don't be afraid to go heavy, 4-6 reps, you'll get your chest sore, believe me. and stay away from incline work, that only works the front delts. I'm proud to say that after years of training I took a weak body part into a strong body part, now I got that Arnold, Franco, Lou Ferrigno kind of chest, or at least close, all natty