Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    archiekar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well who said I want to lift it once? I want to hit 315 for 5 then replace it with something higher and move 315 back to the earlier sets of 10. Like I said, I am not an expert, I just work out like this, this is my plan that I swapped to about 4 weeks ago and will do it for another 2 weeks before re-assessing. Maybe there is a better workout, maybe I dont know S&#T, maybe I am headed for pain burnout bad results injury a flame war on here over how I "should" do things... but it works and I am convinced I am doing the right thing for the next 2 weeks might think about it after that. Suggest a good plan and maybe I can try it, but that is not what this thread was about.

HOWEVER -> this thread was just about some case studies in people lifting weight amounts that I had no idea were possible given thier lack of muscular appearance. I am going to keep that Swoleesi video 400 @ 120 bodyweight bookmarked and I want to show it to everyone I know. Headed to gym NOW and will show it to the big guys I know there who only pull 225 & 315 for reps, I am dying to see their reactions. Now that I have seen it, I am sure I can hit it in less time than initially thought...btw currently at 225 for 5. Oh and I will drop an Eric Bugenhagen...."ITS A MIND SETTTTTTTTTT" for F&*%ks sake.

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    I think you should probably be on a better program all around

And how do you expect to get a strong 1RM deadlift when you don't do anything heavier than 4x10, or a set of 5 after doing 4x10??

Encouragement much appreciated, thanks, sincerely thanks. The slightly disappointing part for me is that I thought by the time I hit it I or anyone else that is able to hit it would be jacked and shredded...not the case according to the chick doing 400 @ 120 body weight....back to the drawing board a little bit; but will still do my best nonetheless.

Originally Posted by pogioli4 View Post
    No e-brag, but 315lb isn't even into my working sets when I deadlift.

work the lift with proper form and you'll get there in no time

cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    FFS I recently squat 405x2 below parallel and strict standing pressed 185x3 as a joker at the end of my press workout, and over the holidays and other things recently people (non lifters) were asking me if I lifted/if I was still lifting. I'm just like...feels batman, that natty DYEL life.

But I'm also small and weak due to inconsistency.

Point is, to really look big and strong just walking around etc, you really have to be (fight club builds need not apply)
    I had someone ask me if I was carrying on with my gym thing a few months back, was hoping those questions would stop at some point, especially at those numbers. Guess not

Originally Posted by WorldClassDBag View Post
    My deadlift is poverty but I definitely look like I lift in a shirt. Just saying
    You squat 3 plates a side (almost 4), and youre on the shorter side. The deadlift was just a random lift I picked out. I think what I said holds true for most people, also you work hard but I think you got good genetics as well, you said you were 18% with defined abs. Hardly anyone would have that with less than 2 years lifting.
    Healthcare Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Lifting from August 2017
    SBD
    August: 40kg(88)/40kg(88)/60kg(132)
    Current: 90kg(198)/80kg(176)/140kg(309)

LOL...yes that question can be taken a couple of ways:

Do you lift ? -> Yes I do, about time someone noticed, thanks!

Do you lift ? -> Of course I do, you mean you cant tell, GFY

I do however possess the distinct benefit of being fat for a while and losing a LOT of weight (like 60-70 pounds-ish) and being very skinny, and now halfway semi decent, that certainly tends to bias the "Do you lift" thing.

I digress, looks like the thread answer is simple: 315 is not that much, work harder you get it, and people can be strong secretly (no visual evidence)

Originally Posted by cosm0 View Post
    I had someone ask me if I was carrying on with my gym thing a few months back, was hoping those questions would stop at some point, especially at those numbers. Guess not

You squat 3 plates a side (almost 4), and youre on the shorter side. The deadlift was just a random lift I picked out. I think what I said holds true for most people, also you work hard but I think you got good genetics as well, you said you were 18% with defined abs. Hardly anyone would have that with less than 2 years lifting.

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Man you should check out some of the light weight class powerlifters they gonna blow your mind srs
    Dont need to look jacked to be strong
    Little women can pull 315 or whatever it was
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Look back at Bob Peoples. Pulled 725 double overhand at a lanky 181 in 1949.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Something I forgot to mention, those guys who don't have much visible muscle tend to adhere to a strict program, such as 5x5, and no added volume.

If you only do strength training, you might have a more difficult time achieving enough volume over time to induce different forms of hypertrophy.

So if somebody only does 5x5 and can do 315x5 deadlift, vs the guy who can do 5x5 deadlift but also does a ton of extra volume. Obviously "depending on genetics" the guy who did more volume "should" look more visibly muscular.

I never did 5x5, I always did reps from 1-3, 3-5, 6-8, 8-12, and sometimes, face pulls 15-30+ reps.

I just never felt like 5x5 was enough volume, but I am not as strong as the guys who would have stuck to a strict 5x5 program, however I'd consider myself more muscular.

So your answer is probably, they did less overall volume, whereas perhaps you may have done more volume and didn't strictly focus on strength.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Professional Toner WorldClassDBag's Avatar
    WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cosm0 View Post

Nah all hard work mang. Don't be jelly
    S/B/D/OHP: 405/265/495/180

suf·fer Beau·ti·(ful)·ly

SA Spurs

Thanks for taking the time to inject your experience, great comments sir ! This seems to make a lot of sense to me, even just based on "feel" and the mirror after the little experience I have had with experimenting it is also the way I feel about having volume and lots of rep ranges has given me results.

What you are saying is very similar to a what a friend of mine told me, the 1 rep max is really a lot more to do with nervous system and strength which does not correlate directly to VISUAL muscle mass (he is an endurance athlete different breed altogether)

IF you dont mind could you share your program and how u incorporated different rep ranges, I a curious how you run things. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    Something I forgot to mention, those guys who don't have much visible muscle tend to adhere to a strict program, such as 5x5, and no added volume.

If you only do strength training, you might have a more difficult time achieving enough volume over time to induce different forms of hypertrophy.

So if somebody only does 5x5 and can do 315x5 deadlift, vs the guy who can do 5x5 deadlift but also does a ton of extra volume. Obviously "depending on genetics" the guy who did more volume "should" look more visibly muscular.

I never did 5x5, I always did reps from 1-3, 3-5, 6-8, 8-12, and sometimes, face pulls 15-30+ reps.

I just never felt like 5x5 was enough volume, but I am not as strong as the guys who would have stuck to a strict 5x5 program, however I'd consider myself more muscular.

So your answer is probably, they did less overall volume, whereas perhaps you may have done more volume and didn't strictly focus on strength.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by archiekar View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to inject your experience, great comments sir ! This seems to make a lot of sense to me, even just based on "feel" and the mirror after the little experience I have had with experimenting it is also the way I feel about having volume and lots of rep ranges has given me results.

What you are saying is very similar to a what a friend of mine told me, the 1 rep max is really a lot more to do with nervous system and strength which does not correlate directly to VISUAL muscle mass (he is an endurance athlete different breed altogether)

IF you dont mind could you share your program and how u incorporated different rep ranges, I a curious how you run things. Much appreciated.
    Right now I'm running Kizen off season by Omar Isuf. I am tired of being stuck in my strength levels, so going to focus on building strength for a year or so.

but I never really followed a specific program, more or less, I'd just regulate my training based on how I felt.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One time I saw a guy who looked like he has never set foot in a gym with pencil legs/arms repping 495 on squats ATG for around 6 to 8 reps. It looked like he was using fake plates it was so easy for him. He appeared to be like 5'8 145 pounds lol.

Mind was definitely blown.
    Weighted pullups = 195 lbs x1
    Weighted dips = 225 lbs x2
    Squat = 405 x2