Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)

Went on a vacation for 4 days and ate like a pig

There's always thread about people asking if they should eat a lot while they're on a vacation and worried about getting fat and losing gains or how they gained massive weight and panicked. Here's my experience.

I went on a vacation for 4 days. I had fun, tons of fun. Ate everything in site. I weigh 148 lbs when I left, came back 159. That's for 4 days vacation. People noticed my dramatic weight gain after I got back. I looked fat and bloated.

The day after I came back, I went back to my routine. I workout everyday. Ate 500 calories less than maintenance, meeting 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. I've never lost strength though, I just got fat.

The first day, I went from 159 to 156. Water weight of course. Then 154, 153. It took 12 days until I finally hit 148 and felt like the 148 before I left.

Yeah I know this is bad, this is the first time I've done this. Anyone here got similar exprience?
    "The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mean_Bean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey there. It's not bad at all!

On the contrary, you said you had a great time. What else are vacations for?

Live life by standards that you set for yourself, not someone else's version of 'correct' or 'incorrect' protocol.

Question to throw back your way.
    If you could do it over again, would you have done anything different?
    A great question to ask, not just about eating habits, about everything.

Cheers,
    Law
    Livestrong!

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Robosco View Post
    Yeah I know this is bad, this is the first time I've done this. Anyone here got similar exprience?
    Not really. I don't really deprive myself of anything everyday, so I don't have any reason to binge on vacations. I tend to still eat sensibly and use moderation regardless. Also, i tend to enjoy meats and veggies. So on cruises, for example I will try some of pretty much everything, and have 2 lobster tails instead of one,(if i was paying) etc. But the buffets tend to be mostly meats and veggies and kind of hard for me to go completely out of control on that. Maybe a Poptart cruise that only had buffets of poptarts i might get fat.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like you had a great vacation! Awesome to hear that you got right back on your routine and I guess at the end of the day it's a matter of whether or not you would do the same over again if you had a choice. For me, I watch my diet / train in a disciplined manner most days, and when I have the chance to relax (e.g. on a vacation!), I will give myself a break. I've had no regrets and always feel energized and motivated again after coming back from vacation, so that's what I'm going to continue doing.

kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kals87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So you ate like crap for 4 days, resumed your routine when you came back and you felt like normal again within a couple of weeks. Keep this in mind next time you go on another vacation. Don't worry about eating too much when you're on your vacation. It all goes back to normal when you go back to your regular routine.

TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mostly water weight. No way you gained near 11 lbs of fat in 4 days ( I know you know this but just pointing it out). That's a 38,500 cal surplus. It's an awesome accomplishment though...to "Feel" different after days like that. I mean i've lost a 95 lbs in the last 11 months and the best thing ive gained is that "feeling"...years of **** eating "numbed me" from feeling the negative effects of **** food. I don't deprive myself of anything, but do alter my routine or other meals if I know im gonna have a heavy one.

One Question...How was your stomach after the vaca? Get the runs?

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Not really. I don't really deprive myself of anything everyday, so I don't have any reason to binge on vacations. I tend to still eat sensibly and use moderation regardless. Also, i tend to enjoy meats and veggies. So on cruises, for example I will try some of pretty much everything, and have 2 lobster tails instead of one,(if i was paying) etc. But the buffets tend to be mostly meats and veggies and kind of hard for me to go completely out of control on that. Maybe a Poptart cruise that only had buffets of poptarts i might get fat.
    This, I always lose weight on vacation because I'm too busy doing stuff/walking around to eat. I don't like the stuffed feeling I get when I eat too much food, it makes me feel gross and lethargic. Did you do nothing but eat on this vacation? Tangentially, a lot of people seem to cut down hard right before vacation (to look good in a bathing suit or whatever) so they go in starving and then binge... with predictable results. Probably better to go into vacation on maintenance and not feeling desperate for a diet break or whatnot.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have before, but I usually go back on my daily routine and the water weight will just go down in the matter of days.
    It's good to have a break, but you have to keep in mind to enjoy the food and actually indulge it.
    MuscleTech Representative

*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*

NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturaFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went to stay with my sister in Chicago last weekend. We ended up bingeing on donuts, pizza, ice cream and game of thrones. Did not give a single phuck the whole time and would/will do it again. Only regret is not getting some tums and pepto.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So you went crazy with food for a few days, freaked out over an arbitrary number and starved yourself again. What's the point of this thread? Reassurance?