JeopardyJo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Steiner/Coleman Pic Date

Hi everyone I asked this in the Misc section but got no response, so I'm asking it here and in the WWE section.

Basically, I have a quick question. In the 2000 article of Ironman magazine there was a featured article on Scott Steiner. I used to own this magazine and can remember seeing in it a picture of Steiner and Coleman posing together. The question is, when was the picture taken? I remember specifically that Ronnie was standing at a Met-rx stand (there was a poster of him and Frank Sepe, behind them) and was wearing a Met-rx hat. That would put the date somewhere in 1998 when Ronnie was still sponsored by Met-rx and when Steiner had adopted the bleached-blond gimmick.

Was Ronnie Mr. Olympia at the time? It seems unlikely to me, given that Ronnie's deal with Weider was soon to commence that he would appear at a Met-rx stand, though I know he did do some promotional work with Met-rx after the Olympia in 1998 (photo etc.). Looking at Ronnie's size and conditioning in the pic, I would say it was more likely in the Summer before the Olympia in '98. I had also heard that Steiner had been injured at the time the pic was taken and was smaller than he appeared on TV. Again, given the timing of Steiner's first back injury, in 1998, it would be probable that this was sometime in the Summer before the Olympia.

The reason I ask the question is that the caption under the image in the magazine suggests that Ronnie was Mr. Olympia at the time the picture was taken, though I believe this to be untrue. If anyone has the magazine, or knows specifically when the picture was taken, could they please chime in on this? If the picture was taken before the 98' Olympia, it is one of the few images of Coleman in the run up to the event (to the best of my knowledge, Ronnie did not compete or do photoshoots prior to it).

Thanks a Million,
    JeopardyJo.

PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    From what i can remember, Ronnie was sponsored with Met-Rx up until the 1998 Olympia. After that he was sponsored by ABB, which we can see him drinking their whey shakes in his 1st training video he did. So to answer your question, the pic you are referring to was prior to his 1998 win at the Olympia.

JeopardyJo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PeterStark View Post
    From what i can remember, Ronnie was sponsored with Met-Rx up until the 1998 Olympia. After that he was sponsored by ABB, which we can see him drinking their whey shakes in his 1st training video he did. So to answer your question, the pic you are referring to was prior to his 1998 win at the Olympia.
    Hi thanks for the reply; yep I agree that the pic was probably taken before the Olympia in 98 (prob Summer), but I thought Ronnie was sponsored by ABB in 2000?

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JeopardyJo View Post
    Hi thanks for the reply; yep I agree that the pic was probably taken before the Olympia in 98 (prob Summer), but I thought Ronnie was sponsored by ABB in 2000?
    Magazines use old photos sometimes, and refer to current athlete status.

The pic was taken prior to his Olympia win, but in 2000 when the pic was published they referred to Ronnie as Mr. O.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    both have s&* physiques now...crazy how that happens..
    !!!!DONT LIKE ME?..DONT AGREE!!!...DONT CARE!!!!..."drops mic"...PEACEOUT!!!

cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    both have s&* physiques now...crazy how that happens..
    Steiner had a great physique up until recently...

Great video on Steiner
    Healthcare Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Lifting from August 2017
    SBD
    August: 40kg(88)/40kg(88)/60kg(132)
    Current: 90kg(198)/80kg(176)/140kg(309)