View Poll Results: Do You Believe in God?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 37.04%
  • Maybe (Agnostic)

32 23.70%
  • No

53 39.26%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Message Board King Girlgoneweird's Avatar
    Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Question to Christians..

Would you have a child knowing that when they were of a certain age someone would literally tie them to a pole and burn them alive, pluck their eyes out, and saw off their limbs?

If not then how do you view God/justify the actions of a god who created us knowing that some would chose not to believe and go to hell?

....and I'll add that it is human nature (if your IQ isn't potato) to feel the need to question things. It's not like there is proof that there is a god so why blindly believe something when you have no proof. What is the point?
    All you have to "prove" anything is your Bible.

You know how many other religions have their books as well and nothing else to back it up?

I could literally write a book tomorrow and say that there is a giant cosmic tapeworm in the sky that wants to live in our butthole if we will only accept it/him/her.

If we sleep with our butts in the air and ask the giant tapeworm god to come live inside our *******s for ever and ever he will make us live for eternity by implanting eggs in our rectum that will then bury into our brains, and change our DNA so that we will be immortal.

Would you believe it?? Because I can write a book to back up that claim lol

Also all of the "prophecy" in the Bible is vague and it's kind of like the Illuminati ****. You can take something and say "oh the Bible says wars and rumors of wars..that must mean the end is near since we are on the verge of a war"
    Well wars and rumors of wars have been happening since the beginning of time I'm sure.

People can say Jesus is coming for years and years then eventually the next generation will die out and the story keeps getting passed on.

Who wants to join my giant tapeworm in the sky religion? Pm me for membership fee info and an application
    **Be the change you wish to see on the misc**
    -Gandhi

~NAMASTE~

Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm a Christian. I was agnostic for years, and a brief period of time I was an atheist. I later became a believer. Life events happened to me in a way that changed my world view to firmly be a Christian. I'm so happy I ended up having faith because it has meant a lot to me. I'm not one of the more vocal theists; I usually keep a lower profile. However, I can now understand why some people feel so strongly about their religion that they feel like being pretty vocal, but I think they can be counter-productive if they aren't smart about their messaging.
    "All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. This, I did." - T.E. Lawrence.

“To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh soon or late.
    And how can man die better
    Than facing fearful odds,
    For the ashes of his fathers,
    And the temples of his gods” - Horatius.

martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin545 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

It's a Misc miracle! The believers have pulled ahead!

Hispanic (no gay Latinx) AccountingMajor's Avatar
    AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Girlgoneweird View Post
    Question to Christians..
    A wild militant has appeared.

street workout junkie DipsManiac's Avatar
    DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I now feel outnumbered and in my own little godless universe.

So what makes this day any different than any other.

UR FRENLY NABERHOOD AFGAN Hornlesscow's Avatar
    Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000) Hornlesscow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
    the science you all believe in has yet to figure out the universe is electric, its a very poor foundation to bet your eternity on.
    what the fuk are you talking about bro?
    "Biggest fear in life is holding babies. Their so fragile, if you drop them you can ruin their entire life.
    When a baby is looking at me and no one else is, I like to make sad faces to get the baby to cry and no one knows why it's crying. If they are young enough they will mimic other peoples emotions so if you act sad they will get sad." -captiontom

Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AccountingMajor View Post
    A wild militant has appeared.

Working on the book now. I received a revelation
    -Gandhi

~NAMASTE~

omae wa mou shindeiru atomicbbgum's Avatar
    atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) atomicbbgum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DipsManiac View Post
    I now feel outnumbered and in my own little godless universe.

So what makes this day any different than any other.
    Not a damn thing. Everyone have faith to cope in life and death to hope that life is more than just us doing things because we can. To think that our existance is not vauge or meaningless and that we are here for some kind of secret holy reason. Some people need faith, and that's ok. I'm just not one of them.
    ***Anime Crew***
    ***Horror Crew***
    ***Hentai for the plot crew***
    ***Poverty Sketching Crew***
    Broken Sandwich maker

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Religion contains some ridiculous beliefs when you look at it. I think humans have a genetic tendency towards magical thinking though. Ironically, that implies that it's an evolved tendency, that there might be a Darwinian factor at work that favours religious people. It could be a tribal thing.

Anyway, for me, I've yet to see any evidence of the divine and frankly 'god did it' is a pathetically lazy and basically preposterous explanation for anything. There might be some kind of prime mover, it's possible but if so, I think it's almost infinitely unlikely that it's anything much like the Christian god.
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

Chocolate nipples of peac Muzzlrpress's Avatar
    Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yes, exactly so. god is love; that covers it.

once you get to know the lord, you will want to worship him of your own accord.

since the op yet lives, god must be merciful then.

the science you all believe in has yet to figure out the universe is electric, its a very poor foundation to bet your eternity on.

if it does, don't you think you'd better figure that out b4 you slip the surly bonds ?

*waves* hi there, interactive evidence, checking in.

he didn't need to take 7 seconds, but he chose the 7 days to teach us important truths, if you care to learn them. no its not meant to be taken literally, its meant to be taken srsly.

but what if you could know?

im your evidence, the other believers are your evidence, the scripture is your evidence, and the creation is your evidence. unless you do something with all the evidence that god has given you, he wont reveal himself any more than he already has.

no you wouldn't. he already did that, and the last group of scrubs killed him for it.

the prophet elisha would beg to differ.

you should check out the electric universe model brah. most of cosmology is mathematical mysticism without relation to nuts and bolts physics.

pi is encoded in genesis and several other places, also the naperian logiritim e is in john 1:1, and there is more besides.

dust yes, and before you return to dust, you might use the intervening period to make sure of that before you casually commit your eternity to it.

hi there, interactive evidence, checking in.

so does god. dead srs, read what he said to the pharisees about their religion. what jesus offers is not a religious system, its pure grace.

you assume that god will force you to be with him if you'd rather not. he wont. and yes that is scary, but its the only way to give us our free will, to allow that some will be lost, and seeing as he has died and paid your entrance fee in his own blood, there is nothing greater he can do to show you just how much you are loved. therefore, believe on his name, which is all he wants, and be justified from your sins.

you know, if you reject the only box in the room with the key in it to diffuse the bomb ticking on the table, its your fault for being blown up because of your pride, and not gods.

its only predetermined because god is outside of time, him knowing what you will do in no way relieves you of the responsibility of having done it, because if you change and do differently, then what was predetermined would also be different. god knowing what you do does not mean that he also makes you do it, that's a fallacy.

not sure why people do this when you don't get anything in return for your devotion.

for those interested in more information than a miscer can provide in a few lines of text: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ3h...pzmwPB_JCS0mIq
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s071jNe0x1gf
    ***The Misadventires of Gandalf the Black***
    **Best Meet Lifts***/***Best Gym Lifts*** (strength status: retired)
    S/457.5 ~ 465x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ***2022 Aesthetics Crew***
    ***Chess Crew***
    ***I have chosen violence***

Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smob3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't because there's no reason to. The world operates just as you'd expect it to without a god.

There's the whole "something had to create the world" argument, but then what created that something? I'd rather just wait and seek the real answer.

numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you should check out the electric universe model brah. most of cosmology is mathematical mysticism without relation to nuts and bolts physics.

pi is encoded in genesis and several other places, also the naperian logiritim e is in john 1:1, and there is more besides.
    Wait wut? e is encoded in John 1:1 lol. Would love to see the justification of this. And btw assuming you are talking about e=2.71828...., the base of the natural logarithm- it seems your terminology is a bit off.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑

♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫ 🧮

Nullius in verba

Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post

I swear on cestodia that's the best rebuttal to religion I've ever heard. It was almost as if an angel with a velvet voice recorded it...

I felt somethin'. Started shoutin in my living room. Got the tingles all over. Amen!
    -Gandhi

~NAMASTE~

DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrWilliam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow so many yes's, kind of surprising

johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    God showing up would end all the debate.
    assuming God suffers from the same ego that is constantly surrounded with its own insecurity as it tries to prove its self to itself.

nah
    “And once you are awake, you shall remain awake eternally. ” - Friedrich Nietzsche

musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yea but More as an idea and how ideas can have influence on the output of an action. If an idea works for humans they will use it as a tool. But then I suppose it's like saying god exists if you believe it, sounds like quantum mechanics, spooky.

A tangible god, I am not sure and could god delegate power? Are angels any different from lesser gods?
    If you can't take a joke, supplement misc,female misc, teen misc ----------->
    How to get mod repped: post anywhere but on the misc or just join a rep trad...I mean SEAAAAAAAAAAAAA thread ;)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/doihavepotential

Speak your mind, be honest, be real. We're here to have fun so don't take this place to seriously (srs)

PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes, I believe there is/are some sort of higher power(s) at work in the world but I don't yet know what exactly.
    Palestine supporters are the assorted scum of the earth

Hispanic (no gay Latinx) AccountingMajor's Avatar
    AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Post Highlights of thread

For those coming into the thread who can't be bothered.

Neutral Posts:
    Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    Atheists don't claim God doesn't exist. Just we don't believe he/she/it/them exists. We'd believe if God came and said hi.
    Originally Posted by VeganBrahh View Post
    I do not, I personally think Christianity like most religions was made to control the populace. At the same time, nobody knows what happens in the afterlife and it could be 100% real.
    Should have marked agnostic instead of atheist my bad.
    Originally Posted by AyMayne View Post
    Was raised Catholic, now I'm agnostic.
    I'm open to the idea of some form of higher power, but I don't think any of the religions really has it right[...]Most reasonable people just focus on the core teachings and see their holy books as allegorical tales with lessons on how to live life, but the potatoes are the ones who think the books are "perfect" and "infallible" and take them literally.
    Why would a loving GOD create hurricanes, Earthquakes, floods, etc to destroy the lives of his own believers.
    No , I don't believe in a supreme being.
    I believe in science and science indicates the universe that we see around us originated from the Big Bang.
    That being said, I respect those who do believe in a supreme being...In the end , it's all about faith.
    Originally Posted by nn586 View Post
    Agnostic.
    I'd like to think that life has some sort of purpose even though that's unknown until we die.
    Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    I try not to 'believe' anything.
    There is no evidence to support the existence of any idea of "God" that has been explained so far. There is evidence against many of the concepts explained in various religions.
    Originally Posted by BlotterBrah View Post
    Who the **** knows and who the **** cares
    Originally Posted by f00d View Post
    Agnostic, but more of a can't know for sure so its pointless to waste energy on so I don't care. Christian values.
    Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    I can understand adhering to certain values to help you be the person you want to be, but that is separate from an understand of the universe. They are two different things. The bible does have good values, but you don't have to 'believe' in God to adopt those values.
    Originally Posted by Omnivium View Post
    Agnostic is the only legitimate answer imo. No one knows if god exists or not, and to claim one way or another without valid evidence is just dumb

If you look at it objectively, it's more likely that religion was invented by humans to control the general population, than everything in the bible being true
    I agree one can be secular and be a decent warm well centered human being never setting foot in a church or believing in any higher power.
    Originally Posted by EZR4 View Post
    I dont believe in God.
    Sometimes the thought of just existing makes me so fckin crazy.
    Why does anything even exist? [...] Why isnt there just nothing?
    Originally Posted by MrSchons View Post
    I think religion is a load of bullchit but being nice to people so they are nice back and not murdering each other are good rules to live by.
    That depends on which philosophy you believe as well Free will, Compatibilism, or Determinism.

My understanding is:

Free will: You are ultimately at fault for your choices. You can choose A or B.

Compatibilism: A combination of the two (I think)

Determinism: God is in control of your life. You are predetermined to act a certain way. Out of A or B, you are motivated to select A.
    Got reply
    And again..if some are "predetermined" to burn alive then fuk god
    Responded with:
    That philosophy is ultimately up to you.
    What are your opinions on the other philosophies?
    No Reply

If something created the big bang, what created "that something" which created the big bang?
    Originally Posted by CatabolicBrah View Post
    well, this is a good question. Too bad there aren't any good answers
    Originally Posted by FU3L View Post
    I believe in science and think religion as a whole is nonsense.
    Originally Posted by Ml16121 View Post
    There is an order to existence, and that can't be denied. If that order comes from a conscious intelligence, then I'm not convinced that that entity is "good". People often say that divine intelligence is beyond our understanding. You can look at that as enlightenment or cope. How you choose to interpret things tends to say more about you than it says about the nature of existence.
    No idea. And as a previous poster stated, the rabbit hole only goes deeper the further you examine these things.

A was created by B. Well what created B?
    B was created by C. Well what created C?
    C was created by D. It will keep going on like that until either it loops onto itself or something that has no beginning or end created it.

For example do numbers have a beginning and end?

The answer is no, they do not. Logically speaking, everything should have a beginning and end. But numbers do not. Therefore, are numbers logical? The deeper you try to look into things, the less they make sense.

The smallest number in existence is infinite in decimals or it could be negative, or it could be an imaginary number, and the largest number in existence is unimaginable.
    Originally Posted by Smob3 View Post
    I don't because there's no reason to. The world operates just as you'd expect it to without a god.
    There's the whole "something had to create the world" argument, but then what created that something? I'd rather just wait and seek the real answer.
    Originally Posted by Reliance012 View Post
    Or, that order is an emergent property of the physical laws of our universe. Neither order nor complexity require a designer.
    God showing up would end all the debate.
    Originally Posted by PenorBrahNoHomo View Post
    Yes, I believe there is/are some sort of higher power(s) at work in the world but I don't yet know what exactly.

If only the atheists in this thread followed this:
    One thing I have trouble with is Christians who call atheism a religion...It is anything but, It's a lack of belief and specifically religion.
    Originally Posted by atomicbbgum View Post
    Not a damn thing. [...]Some people need faith, and that's ok. I'm just not one of them.

If only christians in the thread followed this: (looking at you red)
    Originally Posted by Sigurd33 View Post
    I'm a Christian. I was agnostic for years, and a brief period of time I was an atheist. I later became a believer. Life events happened to me in a way that changed my world view to firmly be a Christian. I'm so happy I ended up having faith because it has meant a lot to me. I'm not one of the more vocal theists; I usually keep a lower profile. However, I can now understand why some people feel so strongly about their religion that they feel like being pretty vocal, but I think they can be counter-productive if they aren't smart about their messaging.

Anti-Religion Position (Mostly Anti-Christian)
    Started good, then went on anti-christian soap box
    I think the Bible is false other than some historical events..which were mostly exaggerated.
    As far as if "god" is as Christians describe him? No. I think that a god could exist but I think it's more of an energy that everything came from. I don't believe it's a person who micromanages things or sits in the sky/another dimension answering prayers.
    If god we're like as the Bible describes, then he would be an evil *******. Imagine creating humanity because you wanted people to worship you knowing that some may chose not to and go to hell...where you allow them to burn for eternity.
    That's the pure definition of selfish and evil.
    You would think God would have gotten a dog or something to keep him occupied lmao

Attempted to be creative, essentially smells like spaghetti especially of the flying variety
    Question to Christians..
    Would you have a child knowing that when they were of a certain age someone would literally tie them to a pole and burn them alive, pluck their eyes out, and saw off their limbs?
    If not then how do you view God/justify the actions of a god who created us knowing that some would chose not to believe and go to hell?
    ....and I'll add that it is human nature (if your IQ isn't potato) to feel the need to question things. It's not like there is proof that there is a god so why blindly believe something when you have no proof. What is the point?
    All you have to "prove" anything is your Bible.
    You know how many other religions have their books as well and nothing else to back it up?
    I could literally write a book tomorrow and say that there is a giant cosmic tapeworm in the sky that wants to live in our butthole if we will only accept it/him/her.
    If we sleep with our butts in the air and ask the giant tapeworm god to come live inside our *******s for ever and ever he will make us live for eternity by implanting eggs in our rectum that will then bury into our brains, and change our DNA so that we will be immortal.
    Also all of the "prophecy" in the Bible is vague and it's kind of like the Illuminati ****. You can take something and say "oh the Bible says wars and rumors of wars..that must mean the end is near since we are on the verge of a war"
    Well wars and rumors of wars have been happening since the beginning of time I'm sure.
    People can say Jesus is coming for years and years then eventually the next generation will die out and the story keeps getting passed on.
    Who wants to join my giant tapeworm in the sky religion? Pm me for membership fee info and an application
    I swear on cestodia that's the best rebuttal to religion I've ever heard. It was almost as if an angel with a velvet voice recorded it...
    I felt somethin'. Started shoutin in my living room. Got the tingles all over. Amen!
    -For the record, this was probably the only post to mention Amen that I could find.

Atheists gonna atheist - "Atheism is a lack of belief"." "How you believe in fairy tales, I took an IQ test. Hallelujah and Amen"
    Christians gonna christian - "It's a good book to live by, God helps people be good people." "Oh well you'll burn in hell."
    Agnostics gonna agnostic - "We have a lack of belief because we just don't know"

Essentially both vocal sides are expecting the other to say: "Wow, I did not see it like that. You have without a doubt convinced me to your way of life. I do/don't believe, now I can start living again. Thanks again friend. This is quite pleasant."

Had to cut a lot due to limit

Awaiting further negs

Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Atheist - There may or may not be any Gods/Goddesses, but I have an active disbelief in all. With no evidence to sort from the thousands of mutually exclusive options I find the most logical conclusion to be that they are all made up. If at some time in the future there is evidence presented to the contrary I will reevaluate my position.

HOWEVER, I still claim "Non-denominational christian in public" much easier besides I work for a christian organization right now.

That being said I am not against religion as a concept. I was raised Mormon and the belief, moral, and community structure were highly valuable for my development.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    Anyway, for me, I've yet to see any evidence of the divine and frankly 'god did it' is a pathetically lazy and basically preposterous explanation for anything.
    Let's put the God idea aside for a second.

Have you ever experienced anything, anywhere, that was un-explainable? Any profound experiences? Anything that defies logic?

Originally Posted by atomicbbgum View Post
    The thing is, I've read the book, many times in fact, I was a sunday school teacher for years. And none of it makes sense. It contradicts its self.
    Have you read the Old Testament?

The King James Bible is definitely full of contradictions.
    Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
    Thus unlamented let me die;
    Steal from the world, and not a stone
    Tell where I lie.

2/17/15 - Dunk Tank Results: 15% bf (Omron said 18.6%) - 123.4 lbs LBM

Originally Posted by MuzzieChik786 View Post

Have you ever experienced anything, anywhere, that was un-explainable? Any profound experiences? Anything that defies logic?

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean there's a Boogeyman in the sky that was the cause of it
    -Gandhi

~NAMASTE~

Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Of course we all have seen some weird chit... There are two types of "weird chit" low probability events and your interpretation based on incomplete facts/understanding.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean there's a Boogeyman in the sky that was the cause of it
    With the advent of the innernetz, surely everything is explainable?

Those things that are not explainable - what's the cause for them if there's no other explanation for it?

Originally Posted by Austanian View Post
    Of course we all have seen some weird chit... There are two types of "weird chit" low probability events and your interpretation based on incomplete facts/understanding.
    And if witnessed by more than one person?

They've been trying to crack the Pyramid mystery for years now, and only this week did some parts of it start coming together. There are other mysteries like that in the world witnessed by the masses.

But there are also localized mysteries to time, place, people.
    Tell where I lie.

With the advent of the innernetz, surely everything is explainable?

Those things that are not explainable - what's the cause for them if there's no other explanation for it?

Just because we don't KNOW the explanation doesn't mean there isn't one

Gravity existed before someone "discovered" it
    -Gandhi

~NAMASTE~

Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by muzziechik786 View Post
    with the advent of the innernetz, surely everything is explainable?

And if witnessed by more than one person?

They've been trying to crack the pyramid mystery for years now, and only this week did some parts of it start coming together. There are other mysteries like that in the world witnessed by the masses.

But there are also localized mysteries to time, place, people.
    just because we don't know the explanation, it doesn't mean there isn't one. Nobody knew why it rained for the longest time.

That's God of the gaps

^^^^Wizrd
    S/457.5 ~ 465x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ***Chess Crew***

HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by martin545 View Post
    Does Misc Believe in God?
    Which one?
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

street workout junkie DipsManiac's Avatar
    DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DipsManiac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This thread still going?

Yep and no position has been changed...LOL

Just because we don't KNOW the explanation doesn't mean there isn't one

Gravity existed before someone "discovered" it
    Right, uh huh.

I'm still asking the dude above if he had any paranormal/abnormal experiences.

Thank you for your feedback though.
    Tell where I lie.

This thread still going?

Yep and no position has been changed...LOL
    Nobody's position changes in these things.
    S/457.5 ~ 465x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ***Chess Crew***

Right, uh huh.

I'm still asking the dude above if he had any paranormal/abnormal experiences.

Thank you for your feedback though.

I'm sure everyone has had "abnormal experiences"

Actually..last week I was using the bathroom and noticed I had ran out of toilet paper. There I was stuck on the toilet with nothing in sight, but just then I remembered there was a sock laying on the floor in the bedroom.
    God provided a way for me to wipe my ass.
    If it wasn't for him, I'd still be miscing in the bathroom

Praise be to allah!!
    -Gandhi

~NAMASTE~