Closed Thread
    MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Doctor advised cut

Please don't lock this thread like my other one was, I really need help here. I have been advised by my doctor that I mustn't gain any more weight right now and that it would be ideal for me to lose about 10lbs of fat weight or so.

I have a bodyfat percentage in the 20s. It is getting visually unappealing. And some of my hormones are slightly elevated. I do NOT want to even start going down the road towards obesity, and I want to fix this now before it gets worse. My BMI is right on edge the overweight range, which wouldn't be an issue if it was mostly muscle but it is my body fat percentage that is getting concerning. This is what I get for bulking to the max for a couple of months on top of the layer of fat I already had. And I wholeheartedly regret it.

I need some tips to do a safe and effective cut. I know you guys always say don't cut as a teen but this is doctor recommended, and I will be better off for it in the end because I'll have a clean slate to bulk muscle on. My goal bodyfat is around 12% or so and I want to lose around 15lbs total ( fat weight ) and then eventually rebulk to my current weight but in muscle mass.

Please help me out, I am already getting my bad eating habits in check, counting my calories and macros and making sure I'm in a slight deficit. I am planning on adding some HIIT cardio in addition to my heavy weight training sessions, and hopefully the lifting will help me preserve what little muscle mass I do have.

Considering some of my hormones and markers are slightly elevated, that is a wake up call and I do not even want to start going down that road, I am going to deal with this now and get it over with, and then bulk properly after.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calling bull**** on you; if this was actually doctor recommended than they would be advising you, or would have referred you to a dietitian.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Calling bull**** on you; if this was actually doctor recommended than they would be advising you, or would have referred you to a dietitian.
    What is your problem? Why would I lie? I actually saw my doctor today and he said I should lose a couple of lbs. it's nothing severe that I'd have to see a dietitian about, but he recommended that I add some cardio to my routine. I'm ready to just leave these forums altogether cause I get bashed for everything.

Do you want my medical records? Heck I can't believe some people around here.

No I will not " lean bulk " like everyone here has suggested. My bodyfat is too high and I am going to cut the right way, and that's why I'm asking for help so I don't make the same mistake you did and screw up my test levels for life. The doctor had advised me to stop gaining weight, and said he would recommend I cut down 5-10lbs on the bodyfat.

Professional Toner WorldClassDBag's Avatar
    WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What are you trying to ask?
    S/B/D/OHP: 405/265/495/180

suf·fer Beau·ti·(ful)·ly

SA Spurs

Registered User iswearibench405's Avatar
    iswearibench405 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not supporting him or anything and I'm not taking sides but it IS suspicious that your doctor is recommending you to "cut" when you are only in the 20 percentile range (which isn't low) but it is FAR from the range when doctors will advise you to straight up cut. Like most doctors wouldn't even tell kids in the 40's (bf) to cut. My advice is to just work out or do some consistent exercise and try to eat healthier or cut down on calories. Don't do anything stupid either like starve yourself or spend 8 hours a day in the gym. You might not be low bodyfat but you are FAR from obese

Tommybrah123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MBoux2000 View Post
    What is your problem? Why would I lie? I actually saw my doctor today and he said I should lose a couple of lbs. it's nothing severe that I'd have to see a dietitian about, but he recommended that I add some cardio to my routine. I'm ready to just leave these forums altogether cause I get bashed for everything.

Do you want my medical records? Heck I can't believe some people around here.

No I will not " lean bulk " like everyone here has suggested. My bodyfat is too high and I am going to cut the right way, and that's why I'm asking for help so I don't make the same mistake you did and screw up my test levels for life. The doctor had advised me to stop gaining weight, and said he would recommend I cut down 5-10lbs on the bodyfat.
    If you cut now, i guarantee you that in 6 months - 1 years time you'll be back in the same situation you're in now

ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tommybrah123 View Post
    If you cut now, i guarantee you that in 6 months - 1 years time you'll be back in the same situation you're in now

No, he won't. I was skinny fat and I did a cut for 4 months and now I'm getting back to a lean bulk and I'm much happier with my body and I'm going to be making leaner gains.
    Training at FOX Gym (Porto, Portugal)
    Noodle Arms Crew

ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50) ro98pt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Please don't lock this thread like my other one was, I really need help here. I have been advised by my doctor that I mustn't gain any more weight right now and that it would be ideal for me to lose about 10lbs of fat weight or so.

I have a bodyfat percentage in the 20s. It is getting visually unappealing. And some of my hormones are slightly elevated. I do NOT want to even start going down the road towards obesity, and I want to fix this now before it gets worse. My BMI is right on edge the overweight range, which wouldn't be an issue if it was mostly muscle but it is my body fat percentage that is getting concerning. This is what I get for bulking to the max for a couple of months on top of the layer of fat I already had. And I wholeheartedly regret it.

I need some tips to do a safe and effective cut. I know you guys always say don't cut as a teen but this is doctor recommended, and I will be better off for it in the end because I'll have a clean slate to bulk muscle on. My goal bodyfat is around 12% or so and I want to lose around 15lbs total ( fat weight ) and then eventually rebulk to my current weight but in muscle mass.

Please help me out, I am already getting my bad eating habits in check, counting my calories and macros and making sure I'm in a slight deficit. I am planning on adding some HIIT cardio in addition to my heavy weight training sessions, and hopefully the lifting will help me preserve what little muscle mass I do have.

Considering some of my hormones and markers are slightly elevated, that is a wake up call and I do not even want to start going down that road, I am going to deal with this now and get it over with, and then bulk properly after.
    Bro you already decided on your mind that you want to cut. I was you a few months back. Cut that fat off because YOU WANT. Who cares what people on the internet think? I was also afraid to cut because everyone here said I was gonna look skinny and be on a spiral effect of skinny-fatness. Guess what? I didn't give a ****, I lost 30 pounds, looked ****ing lean and got tons of compliments from friends/family saying I looked way better. Of course people on the misc would call me a skinny **** after I did my cut because everyone here is 6'1 250lbs shredded. Do what YOU want, do it slow and smart and you'll progress.
    Noodle Arms Crew

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cut if you want to. You should never let anyone tell you if you should bulk or cut. Besides, being in a bulk for a long time, and gaining a high ammount of bf% in the process, is not going to do you any favors when it comes to eventually cut down in bf%.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok then lose weight. It's not rocket science. Eat less, exercise more. It's literally that simple.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by Tommybrah123 View Post
    Why would I be back in the same spot again?

Originally Posted by ro98pt View Post
    No, he won't. I was skinny fat and I did a cut for 4 months and now I'm getting back to a lean bulk and I'm much happier with my body and I'm going to be making leaner gains.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I'm wanting to do. Yeah everyone here tells me I'm gonna be skinny but I know this is the right thing, considering my blood test too, I want to deal with this now. I saw your pictures and you looked great after your cut!

Originally Posted by ro98pt View Post
    Bro you already decided on your mind that you want to cut. I was you a few months back. Cut that fat off because YOU WANT. Who cares what people on the internet think? I was also afraid to cut because everyone here said I was gonna look skinny and be on a spiral effect of skinny-fatness. Guess what? I didn't give a ****, I lost 30 pounds, looked ****ing lean and got tons of compliments from friends/family saying I looked way better. Of course people on the misc would call me a skinny **** after I did my cut because everyone here is 6'1 250lbs shredded. Do what YOU want, do it slow and smart and you'll progress.
    Thanks! Did you lose strength on your cut?

brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ya know my thoughts about it.

iirc 3500cal is 1lb of fat.

So a 350cal deficit would drop 10lbs of fat in 9-12 weeks. Might be too much though.

if you cut set a goal weight, and measure after you take a ****/pee daily. average them for a weekly weighin and do it 9-12 weeks. i hear myfitnesspal is good for cuts but, like before, you know my opinion on cutting for you.

I don't reccomend it but I won't stop you.

Originally Posted by brenthopkins View Post
    ya know my thoughts about it.

iirc 3500cal is 1lb of fat.

So a 350cal deficit would drop 10lbs of fat in 9-12 weeks. Might be too much though.

if you cut set a goal weight, and measure after you take a ****/pee daily. average them for a weekly weighin and do it 9-12 weeks. i hear myfitnesspal is good for cuts but, like before, you know my opinion on cutting for you.

I don't reccomend it but I won't stop you.
    Hey man. Yeah I get what you are saying. I'm not going to go extreme though. I just simply can't bulk anymore at my current level. " lean bulk " won't do anything for me now and since I've got a high bf % my body will just partition more of its energy towards fat. My doctor said I should be ok to do this as long as I don't go extreme ( which I won't obviously )

Thanks! Did you lose strength on your cut?
    I dieted for 16 weeks. The first 10-12 weeks I mantained/lost very little. After that my strength took a hit. But I'm now going back to a bulk and it's coming back so no worries about that.
    Noodle Arms Crew