mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

No More Doms....??

I have been training now for around 4 months and when i first started my first chest day i felt sore for 5 days and same for legs, back and arms. But now i don't feel much Doms the day after. My mates always tell me how their always sore the day after but for me i don't... I do shocking methods such as drop-sets, Supersets and cheating reps. I also do change up my patern for different workouts and try too mix up what i do and my rep range each week to make sure i don't start going through the motions doing the same thing each day. Please help me here i'd like to know what i'm doing wrong. Thanks.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lack of DOMS does not indicate a poor workout.

Are you making progress? Getting stronger? Leaner? Bigger? or whatever you're trying to do? If so, you're fine.

Rather than chasing DOMS, figure out what your goals are and find a solid plan that will give you the results you want. You're young right now so almost anything will work to a point. Get organized and really take advantage of your growth potential right now.
    -

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post

Are you making progress? Getting stronger? Leaner? Bigger? or whatever you're trying to do? If so, you're fine.

Rather than chasing DOMS, figure out what your goals are and find a solid plan that will give you the results you want. You're young right now so almost anything will work to a point. Get organized and really take advantage of your growth potential right now.
    This

Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I first started working out and only did upper body I got sore bit after a few workouts Inc failure sets I just stopped getting doms. And when I started doing legs the same thing happened. It doesn't mean you aren't working hard enough.

CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CupraZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    variety for the sake of variety is useless. You need a way to track your progress and build upon that. As for the DOMS. Against popular believe having DOMS doesnt mean you had a good workout nor does it mean you gonna grow faster/bigger. Research has shown that people grow even with the absence of DOMS.
    So my advise, find a solid plan and stick to it!

mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CupraZ View Post
    variety for the sake of variety is useless. You need a way to track your progress and build upon that. As for the DOMS. Against popular believe having DOMS doesnt mean you had a good workout nor does it mean you gonna grow faster/bigger. Research has shown that people grow even with the absence of DOMS.
    So my advise, find a solid plan and stick to it!
    Thanks for the reply i do track my progress. Also i have made my own plan which is working well for me i think. It's a 6 day split which seems to be working really well

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if i seem dumb but when you say "Goals" and i hear so many people say "have clear goals" including Arnold Schwarzenegger. What does it mean fully? like have goals that i want to hit 40KG dumbbell bench press or 80kg bench press or be able to do 12 unassisted pullups? Or goals as in how i want my body to look or how much i should weigh?? sorry if i seem dumb but never had any real guide.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mrlank101 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry if i seem dumb but when you say "Goals" and i hear so many people say "have clear goals" including Arnold Schwarzenegger. What does it mean fully? like have goals that i want to hit 40KG dumbbell bench press or 80kg bench press or be able to do 12 unassisted pullups? Or goals as in how i want my body to look or how much i should weigh?? sorry if i seem dumb but never had any real guide.
    All of those are good goals... whether it's to hit a 2x BW squat, drop to single digit body fat or become a mass monster. Figure out what you're trying to do, and you can get their more efficiently. You can't train for everything all at the same time. Getting stronger and getting leaner will eventually interfere with each other. Gaining mass and excelling at amazing bodyweight feats can interfere with each other. Pick a direction that resonates with you the most right now then do some research on how to reach that goal most efficiently.

That doesn't mean it's your guiding principle for ever and always, but giving yourself a focus for six months or a year will help keep you on a good line of progress, rather than spinning your wheels.

Edit: and that's not a dumb question. Lots of us have conflicting goals or things that we aren't even sure are goals. Better to ask and get some clarity than to be confused.
    -

Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been lifting for 4 years and hardly get DOMS anymore. It's a part of adaptation.

DOMS doesn't equal gains. It's not something you need to have, it's a result of training with new movements/rep schemes.
    Views expressed on this domain are fictitious and represent the opinion of no entity whatsoever

All of those are good goals... whether it's to hit a 2x BW squat, drop to single digit body fat or become a mass monster. Figure out what you're trying to do, and you can get their more efficiently. You can't train for everything all at the same time. Getting stronger and getting leaner will eventually interfere with each other. Gaining mass and excelling at amazing bodyweight feats can interfere with each other. Pick a direction that resonates with you the most right now then do some research on how to reach that goal most efficiently.

That doesn't mean it's your guiding principle for ever and always, but giving yourself a focus for six months or a year will help keep you on a good line of progress, rather than spinning your wheels.

Edit: and that's not a dumb question. Lots of us have conflicting goals or things that we aren't even sure are goals. Better to ask and get some clarity than to be confused.
    Thanks so much for your help!! I want to lose my fat now so i'm cutting then i can bulk again and start to put on lean mass not just mostly fat like before and go from there. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Vampirelol View Post
    I've been lifting for 4 years and hardly get DOMS anymore. It's a part of adaptation.

DOMS doesn't equal gains. It's not something you need to have, it's a result of training with new movements/rep schemes.
    Yep thanks for that!!