BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

My Rogue score, and refinishing thoughts

Hey Folks,

Grabbed this off Kijiji this morning.

- Rogue Multigrip bar (MG-1 without the knurling I think... So maybe V1?)

- Rogue Axle Bar

- Blue and Green Monster bands.

Wasn't SUPER cheap, but I'm happy with it all. Cost was $300cdn ($230ish USD)

The multigrips powdercoat isn't in great shape on the ends. Under it is the nice ribbed sleeves found on some of their bars. Thinking I'll strip it off, and make it a black/raw bar.

Imgur.com/a/3cuLU

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't bother stripping it off, I would just leave it. If you really wanted to do something with it, you could give it a coat or two of that spray-in bedliner. That stuff is pretty durable, and will add a little texture, which will help with the grip. That said, pretty much anything that you put on the sleeves will just wear off as you add/remove plates.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaggedMerc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    I wouldn't bother stripping it off, I would just leave it. If you really wanted to do something with it, you could give it a coat or two of that spray-in bedliner. That stuff is pretty durable, and will add a little texture, which will help with the grip. That said, pretty much anything that you put on the sleeves will just wear off as you add/remove plates.
    That was my thought. Stripping it wouldnt have anything left to scratch up though. Just spitballing though, function is the main concern

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The good thing about equipment for personal use is it's a one time buy.
    You could essentially have these bars now for the rest of your life.
    I wouldn't worry to much about coating on the end of the bar as that has nothing to do with function.
    The only time i really clean them up is if i get something real rusty.
    Now you have some good additions to your gym.
    I think i have 15-20 different bars in my gym which is nice when i want change movements up.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    The good thing about equipment for personal use is it's a one time buy.
    You could essentially have these bars now for the rest of your life.
    I wouldn't worry to much about coating on the end of the bar as that has nothing to do with function.
    The only time i really clean them up is if i get something real rusty.
    Now you have some good additions to your gym.
    I think i have 15-20 different bars in my gym which is nice when i want change movements up.
    I agree wholeheartedly with you. Quality equipment also holds it's value if I ever decide to part ways. Buying it second hand passes the depreciation to the original buyer

So I cleaned off the coating on the sleeves and collars. Cleaner, and nothing to flake off now.

Super easy and quick to do.

imgur.com/HpVkkQk

Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000) Conquer92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BaggedMerc View Post
    So I cleaned off the coating on the sleeves and collars. Cleaner, and nothing to flake off now.

Super easy and quick to do.

imgur.com/HpVkkQk
    I like it. What was your process?
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #70 ▪██─────██▪

Originally Posted by Conquer92 View Post
    I like it. What was your process?
    Missed this post, sorry.

Paint remover took it off easily. Also sprayed the rest with Valspar satin black.