Registered User shannonbrewelch's Avatar
    shannonbrewelch is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Lower calories but still gaining weight!

Female
    5'9
    21%BF
    177lbs

So I am doing a 1400-1600 a day caloric intake. My nutritionist has had me on this to help me cut some fat, but I have gone from 172lbs to 177lbs. I am not sure what I should be doing, because I just keep gaining.

I am drinking a gallon of water a day, I have a job where I walk over 10,000 steps a shift. I also do weights 5 days a week and cardio at least 4 days.

Have you guys ever had this problem? It's really tough on me right now. I feel so defeated.

Thanks guys.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're most likely taking in more calories than you think. You need to get a food scale and weigh everything for awhile to get a sense of what 1,500 calories looks like. Be sure to count liquid calories also.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Thanks for the advice! But, I measure everything out on a food scale when I food prep twice a week. And I only drink water.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    how long from 172 to 177 and what were your calories before seeing this nutritionist

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    how long from 172 to 177 and what were your calories before seeing this nutritionist
    I have been seeing my nutritionist for 3 months. She started this diet change for me on July 5th and I have gained 5 pounds since then. Before that the nutritionist had me on 1700-1900 a day for a month, and I went from 170-172, but I lost a half a percentage of body fat and gained two pounds in muscle.

Originally Posted by shannonbrewelch View Post
    I have been seeing my nutritionist for 3 months. She started this diet change for me on July 5th and I have gained 5 pounds since then. Before that the nutritionist had me on 1700-1900 a day for a month, and I went from 170-172, but I lost a half a percentage of body fat and gained two pounds in muscle.
    It's probably water fluctuations so give it more time. Women are susceptible to big swings in water weight every month. If you've dropped 300 calories a day you should in the long run be losing fat. Some women I've worked with don't lose scale weight for over a month after dropping calories but it doesn't mean they aren't losing fat

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you weigh your food dry or cooked? Also, do you weigh your food dry, then weigh it as if it were dry after?

For example, you cook 100g of rice, how much of that cooked rice = 100g of dry rice?

Stupid question but it is often over-looked.

Do you count oils, sauces?

You said you meal-prep twice a week, so there can be a lot of error in bulk cooking. Examples above.
    Last edited by Junsuiakai; 07-30-2017 at 11:38 AM.

KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaosOmega will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is the meal plan your nutritionist did for you ?

Because here in France when I saw nutritionist plan it's crappy for lose weight except for obese people (of course going to burgers to turkey breast and salad you lose weight easier).

Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I tried the high-protein Breakfast I read about on Mava (Protein & Mixed Nuts). It helps you shed body-fat quite fast, but you need to vary your nuts and protein (meats or other sources of protein if you're vegan, to prevent food allergies.

Originally Posted by Ginaathletic View Post
    I tried the high-protein Breakfast I read about on Mava (Protein & Mixed Nuts). It helps you shed body-fat quite fast, but you need to vary your nuts and protein (meats or other sources of protein if you're vegan, to prevent food allergies.
    No food will help shed fat. You will only lose fat if you're consuming fewer calories than you burn

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000)
    So you had a body fat analysis, which suggested you lost 0.5% body fat (which to be fair, is probably within the margin of error for every method available), but you're still worrying about the scale?

Focus less on the scale, and more on measurements. Start measuring your waist/thighs/arms and determine if you're losing size. In the end, that's what matters, the weight is pretty much irrelevant.

kylejbernier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shannonbrewelch View Post
    Female
    5'9
    21%BF
    177lbs

So I am doing a 1400-1600 a day caloric intake. My nutritionist has had me on this to help me cut some fat, but I have gone from 172lbs to 177lbs. I am not sure what I should be doing, because I just keep gaining.

I am drinking a gallon of water a day, I have a job where I walk over 10,000 steps a shift. I also do weights 5 days a week and cardio at least 4 days.

Have you guys ever had this problem? It's really tough on me right now. I feel so defeated.

Thanks guys.
    Depends on what you're eating!

mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP you need to cut the carbs, srs, you only drop weight fast when you drop the carbs. It's not the calories, it's the carbs, just drop them and watch your weight drop like crazy

Originally Posted by mferrandi View Post
    OP you need to cut the carbs, srs, you only drop weight fast when you drop the carbs. It's not the calories, it's the carbs, just drop them and watch your weight drop like crazy
    this is a fail post

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB