claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) claimyourgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What would you have done differently?

this is mostly directed at people who have trained 10+ years.

still a young lad, and after seeing what years of training can do to someone, I really want to be careful and not make the mistakes injured people do. Why is it that every major bodybuilder or powerlifter have bad injuries when they're older, is it because heavy lifting affects the human body long term? Now I want to get big and most importantly i also want to be able to walk at 60-70 years old without discomfort or requiring multiple surgeries.

Thank you

Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i started a similar question some weeks ago.....here are some opinions/answers.

myself train close to 40 years now with weights...of cause training and diet changes.....

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=174232001

60 years is not far away for me....and i can still walk.....ok, after some leg-Workouts it´s hard to do the first steps in the morning when i get out of bed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3_ppUV9e0
    Last edited by Charly41; 07-25-2017 at 02:08 AM. Reason: correction
    6 "3" 260 lbs. mid 50....still love this sport.... go and do something for yourself, not for others....it´s your life, your health, you only get one, take care, and when you see results the fun to work out will be greater with time....but it´s all about small steps...fast results you can loose fast...steady and slow results last much longer. So take your Sport bag, and enjoy your workouts, and the Feeling when you finished a good workout.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, don't get to ahead of yourself but if I could go back I would take a lot more rest days and not treat every single visit to the gym as a day to do maximum weight and volume. It always felt like taking an unscheduled day off was the end of the world. I kept the pedal to the floor all the time and didn't rest enough or eat well enough for a couple of decades before it came back to bite me.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When pressing or pulling behind your head never go lower than your ears.

Upright rows with a narrow grip are the death to healthy shoulders.

Pay no attention to what others are lifting or think you should be lifting.

Most injuries are due to your ego... get rid of your ego.
    Was friends with Methuselah

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    1 - Be consistent. I'm not particularly strong. Never wanted to be a "body builder" but wanted to look good naked and not be embarrassed to peel off my shirt at the beach or pool. Over the years I did some stupid workouts and took many non-optimal approaches. But I was consistent. At 58, I think I'm doing better than the average 58-year-old.

2 - Listen to people smarter than you. (Be willing to take advice.) Honestly, I've probably made more progress over the last 10 years than I did the previous 15 to 20 years. Why? Watched and listened to other guys who I could see were "doing things" in the gym. We shared approaches, compared what worked for some and not others (we're all different). and was... (see #1) Consistent.

Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000) Leddyman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Warm up before you lift! Warm up twice! Listen to your shoulders. If they hurt stop what you are doing and lower the weight. I'm about to be 54. I've never been injured lifting weights. Hurt my knee playing softball and weightlifting fixed it. I actually was suffering from a lot of joint related issues, shoulders knees, low back. All of that pain is gone since I started lifting. I use proper form and don't lift more than I can handle. Today was back day. For deadlift I did 2 sets of 10 reps with the bar for warm up. 2 sets of 10 rows with the bar for warmup. 1 set of 135 warmup (that's a lot of warmup). 10 reps 185, 3 sets of 225 for 10 reps. Plus all the assorted seated rows/lat pulldowns/shrugs/etc.

Secret to longevity for me. Lots of warmup, good form, not too heavy for me. I'll go up to about 350 on deads as I work into it.
    There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

I like fake boobs that look real and real boobs that look fake.

Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Warm up properly and don't get in a rush. A great way to get an injury is to rush into heavy weights. And the older you get, the more thoroughly you have to warm up.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

Get muscles in the gym. Get lean in the kitchen.