DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First INBF experience...California Natural Muscle Mayhem, Sacramento

As the title implies, I just wanted to give my experience of my first INBF/WNBF event. In short an overall excellent experience. Promoted by Bob Bell and Tina Smith.

Organization: Excellent. Everything from the check-in to polygraph to tanning and direction as to what was going on was very clear and precise. No confusion or headache whatsoever in my opinion.

Venue: Again, very good. I felt the lighting was solid, pump up area, general backstage area provided plenty of room for everyone there.

Overall Flow of Show: Once again no complaints. They had more than enough crew running around letting all classes know approx. when they were going on, giving plenty of time to pump up/ etc.

Judging: I believe they were very fair and just. I was initially really bummed about placing 5th in Mens Open Physique Tall, but upon seeing some pictures, and receiving honest feedback from judges...it was indeed evident I needed a lot of work on posing and could have come in a bit leaner.

All in all, definitely happy with the INBF thus far...way better than INBA in my experience. Had some great folks running things very smoothly and efficiently. Already made the decision to do the Battle of the Bay in mid-October. Can't wait. Hoping to come in about 6-7 lbs lighter...and with much better posing!
    Attached Images

johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DerekPersson View Post
    As the title implies, I just wanted to give my experience of my first INBF/WNBF event. In short an overall excellent experience. Promoted by Bob Bell and Tina Smith.

Organization: Excellent. Everything from the check-in to polygraph to tanning and direction as to what was going on was very clear and precise. No confusion or headache whatsoever in my opinion.

Venue: Again, very good. I felt the lighting was solid, pump up area, general backstage area provided plenty of room for everyone there.

Overall Flow of Show: Once again no complaints. They had more than enough crew running around letting all classes know approx. when they were going on, giving plenty of time to pump up/ etc.

Judging: I believe they were very fair and just. I was initially really bummed about placing 5th in Mens Open Physique Tall, but upon seeing some pictures, and receiving honest feedback from judges...it was indeed evident I needed a lot of work on posing and could have come in a bit leaner.

All in all, definitely happy with the INBF thus far...way better than INBA in my experience. Had some great folks running things very smoothly and efficiently. Already made the decision to do the Battle of the Bay in mid-October. Can't wait. Hoping to come in about 6-7 lbs lighter...and with much better posing!
    Thanks for the info. Nice result also.

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome!

You have a nice physique for sure. A few things to work on, definitely. But GREAT first showing!
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekPersson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    Awesome!

You have a nice physique for sure. A few things to work on, definitely. But GREAT first showing!
    Originally Posted by johnnyfry View Post
    Thanks for the info. Nice result also.

Thanks guys! I just found it to be a bit of a relief after hearing horror stories about how shows, more frequently Natural Shows, have been run in times past...I.E. shotty lighting, no pump up area, unclear direction, etc. I understand the promoters have a lot to do with what happens at a show, and Bob and Tina killed it here. Battle of the Bay will also be run by them. Stoked!

Prickly69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im curious what your costs were to compete in the show. Good pic btw.

Originally Posted by Prickly69 View Post
    Im curious what your costs were to compete in the show. Good pic btw.
    Thanks man!

First there was the year membership to the INBF which was $63, then the event cost for one class which was $60 and then the polygraph for $50. So about $170 off the bat for one event. but once you have a membership, each show's entry/testing fees should be around $100, maybe less if your polygraph carries over to another show in a certain timeframe.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good natural org.
    I went to their LA show in June as spectator.
    My former training partner and INBF pro John Heart was the promoter.
    In my competitive years I've been in many many shows and this one was run like clock work on time and without incident.
    It is indicative of the way the INBF runs their shows.
    Hey you placed in your first show that's not bad.
    I got crushed with no placing my first few shows way back when.
    Either you going to quit or it's going to light a fire under your ass and get better.
    Anyway good luck to you.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DerekPersson View Post
    Thanks guys! I just found it to be a bit of a relief after hearing horror stories about how shows, more frequently Natural Shows, have been run in times past...I.E. shotty lighting, no pump up area, unclear direction, etc. I understand the promoters have a lot to do with what happens at a show, and Bob and Tina killed it here. Battle of the Bay will also be run by them. Stoked!
    Ah yes, I was supposed to compete in Battle of the Bay last year. A few weeks before competition, they cancelled it with no explanation. Lucky for me there was a local NPC competition the following weekend.

kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmaster82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Glad you had a great experience. I competed in natural bodybuilding shows for years and tried several different organizations. Hands down the INBF and people like Bob and Tina run the best shows. People like them and others in the INBF like Kevin James, Dr. Joe, all run awesome shows! They offer posing classes and do anything they can to make sure you present yourself on stage knowing what you are doing posing and presentation wise. Their shows were always run on time and very professionally all the years I did their shows. You will not meet two people more dedicated to helping people who want to compete in natural shows.
    Future WNBF Pro Bodybuilder
    "I can do all things through God who strengthens me."
    "Let him who boost, boost in the Lord"
    My new journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118010401