Registered User kickboxingbeast's Avatar
    kickboxingbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10)

what leg exercises should i do?

I am almost 14 and have a bowflex revolution. I am very tall so I can't get a full ROM on the leg press (which is bad for your hips), leg extensions and leg curls are bad for your knees so I can't use the bowflex for legs, all I have are 4 25 lbs plates, 2 45 lb plates, a 10 lb barbell (1 inch) and 2 dumbbell handles, what leg exercise should I do. My back is weak so it bends when I do hack squats (which is bad for your back), I don't have a squat rack and it is hard to get weight up for doing goblet squats. Glute bridges are too difficult because I get pinned under the bar. I have no idea what leg exercises I should do and my legs are extremely skinny and everybody makes fun of me, but there is nothing I can do about it until I find some exercise to do. Thanks

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    squats. do bodyweight until you can do it with resistance. if you are weak you got no business to mess with weights. you build up to weights

Originally Posted by magician27 View Post
    squats. do bodyweight until you can do it with resistance. if you are weak you got no business to mess with weights. you build up to weights
    I can do it with body weight, i have to lift it over my head to squat it tho

Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kickboxingbeast View Post
    I am almost 14 and have a bowflex revolution. I am very tall so I can't get a full ROM on the leg press (which is bad for your hips), leg extensions and leg curls are bad for your knees so I can't use the bowflex for legs, all I have are 4 25 lbs plates, 2 45 lb plates, a 10 lb barbell (1 inch) and 2 dumbbell handles, what leg exercise should I do. My back is weak so it bends when I do hack squats (which is bad for your back), I don't have a squat rack and it is hard to get weight up for doing goblet squats. Glute bridges are too difficult because I get pinned under the bar. I have no idea what leg exercises I should do and my legs are extremely skinny and everybody makes fun of me, but there is nothing I can do about it until I find some exercise to do. Thanks
    Why are the extensions and curls bad for your knees? You feel pain while doing them?

If your doing body weight squats why not try 10sets of 10 with the barbell? Then try and get 4 10lbs plates and start doing DB squats?

10x10 meaning.... barbell on shoulders, squats 10 reps, wait 30-45 seconds 10 more reps rest 30-45sec and repeat.

Originally Posted by Zocas View Post
    Why are the extensions and curls bad for your knees? You feel pain while doing them?

If your doing body weight squats why not try 10sets of 10 with the barbell? Then try and get 4 10lbs plates and start doing DB squats?

10x10 meaning.... barbell on shoulders, squats 10 reps, wait 30-45 seconds 10 more reps rest 30-45sec and repeat.
    I can squat 60 lbs with the barbell (by pressing it over my head), but I can do that nearly 30 times and I do feel pain doing the leg curls and e extensions and I'm a kickboxer I need function of my knees. doing 10 sets sounds overkill too

Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kickboxingbeast View Post
    I can squat 60 lbs with the barbell (by pressing it over my head), but I can do that nearly 30 times and I do feel pain doing the leg curls and e extensions and I'm a kickboxer I need function of my knees. doing 10 sets sounds overkill too
    The purpose of 10x10 is you don't have the strength to put up more. It is very quick workout if you do the math.

If your getting pain in your knee doing curls bro something is wrong. I placed 3rd in the US in the USTU and ATA many many years back. I used extensions a lot to help develop speed and power in my round house kick. Any excercise I did while in martial arts I made sure it had a point. Like what muscles were mainly involved in what strike and would train accordingly. Sorry to hear you have pain. Is it lack of padding or actually a knee issue? If you have an issue in your knees and want to continue kick boxing you may want to let someone know.... parent, trainer, someone. You need to have it checked out. Extensions and curls are not "bad" for your knees. At least they shouldn't be.

If your bending your back because it is weak doing 60lbs won't help. Knock it off. Work on your core, back extensions, situps, etc. If you don't want to try the 10x10 that's your choice. Your very young still and should be careful swing weight up over your head unless your supervised.

Good luck to ya.