Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Wife in Keto and not losing weight

My wife is 5'6 148 lbs and has been trying to lose some weight and has been adjusted to keto for about 2 months (1.0-1.8mmol weekly). She isnt fat, she just doesnt have the bf% to show definition. She is lifting with me and eating ~1500cals daily. She has been getting frustrated that she cant drop weight so she had a refeed day with me in hopes that it would help. She went from 143-148 since Saturday. I know most is water weight. What do we need to do in order to get her back to her 130s where she was when she was "in good shape". She has always struggled with losing weight so we thought that Keto would help her in this process, but it hasn't.
    Please help if you can. I dont know how much more I can take...
    Eat. Sleep. Lift.

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Clint.

The key is fat intake first thing she eats. if she drinks coffee, add 1tbl of coconut oil. Then, 2-3 scrammbled eggs, with shreaded cheese, with bacon fat.

Have her do squats off the kitchen counter sink. Simple hold the sink for leverage, and just do simple, slow squats as often as she can. 30-50 every 3 hours but make sure the sets are 45 seconds at the very least. Im imagining, the weight is in her thighs and belly mostly, so the squats is a key movement to melt the fat.

Apple cider vinegar, is freakin awesome. you MUST get into drinking it. 2tbls with 1/4 cup of water, 2 times a day.

Intermittent fasting can also help tremendously. rough for 2-3 days, then it gets easier. Dont let her eat atleast 2 hours before bed. You want a 14 hour window of fasting between night food and breakfast.

Jumprope or burpies before bed will greatly improve fat burning while sleeping.

Bro, im in same boat with my wife. She had a 8-pack before last child, and she close to getting it back on this routine.

Good luck to the both of Yous.

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Clint18Robin View Post
    My wife is 5'6 148 lbs and has been trying to lose some weight and has been adjusted to keto for about 2 months (1.0-1.8mmol weekly). She isnt fat, she just doesnt have the bf% to show definition. She is lifting with me and eating ~1500cals daily. She has been getting frustrated that she cant drop weight so she had a refeed day with me in hopes that it would help. She went from 143-148 since Saturday. I know most is water weight. What do we need to do in order to get her back to her 130s where she was when she was "in good shape". She has always struggled with losing weight so we thought that Keto would help her in this process, but it hasn't.
    keto diets are not good for loosing fat, rather they are good for turning your body in to a cortisol factory! she needs to change from keto to a cyclic keto diet, also is she actually counting calories or is 1500 cals a guesstimate? if you cycle the keto bouts, with a carb up it will keep her in a anabolic state where she can keep the muscle and actually loose body fat.. 1500 cals may be too much as well what is her TDEE? maintenance might be closer to 1500 and she needs to eat less.

the other thing is she will need to constantly change the model of how much she eats, because if she looses 5 lbs, that changes her TDEE, right? so therefor she might have started off loosing bf but then stalled because the cals were too high

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    man, you came to the keto forum, to rip on the keto lifestyle,lol..

said keto doesnt burn fat, but says use a cycled keto diet, smh THAT is the cortisol factory. By confusing your hormones back and forth is detrimental to FAT LOSE.

Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Clint18Robin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    rusrious
    She is currently doing squats/DL and compound movements with me. She has a bulletproof coffe in the am and fatty foods throughout the day hince staying in the 1.0-1.6 range.

xR1pp3Rx
    So what youre saying is, Keto is keeping her from losing weight?
    Eat. Sleep. Lift.

Hey Clint, Im talking periodically EVERY DAY, and first thing in the morning upon waking up. The legs are giant machines that need energy to work. The more you work them, the more fat is used up. But the morning shock to them gets the fat and blood mobilized as early as possible and get things moving.

Ive lost 60lbs last i checked on Keto in 6 months, havent weighted in for 3 weeks, so Im actually probably around 70lbs lost of fat. My wife has lost 15 lbs herself doing what i outlined above.

Using fat for fuel, just makes sense when U have an abundance of it.

Keto works. and the carbups are detrimental to Keto unless your moving alot of volume in the gym, so keep that in mind. They are not needed. and If you feel like you do need to carb up, maybe for sane sake, hit up the Apple cider vinegar 20 mins before eating carbs, BUT NEVER, EVER Eat sugar. Pizza and tacos are my " i need something" go to's. And only 1 time a week, over 1 hour of enjoyment.

Im not spreading sht here, I feel fantastic, my wife feels fantastic, we are losing fat, and the 8packs are coming back, WOOT.. She actually had a dam 12pack, even after 2 kids, but the 3rd took a toll, lol..

Man, Best of luck again, keep pushin, its hard, but the key is get adapted, and stay adapted.

The key to keto, is minimizing the insulin spikes thru the day. When you spike insulin, the fat burning process is halted almost instantly.

EDIT: Just checked my weight, im at 190lbs. I was at 255 on xmas day. I was surprised myself. Still have probably 15-20 more to go.
    Last edited by rusrious; 06-28-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000)
    She's eating too much. Keto isn't a magic weight loss tool, it's just one method of ensuring calorie deficit. Make sure she's actually tracking calories, and actually in a deficit.

Originally Posted by Griddlelol View Post
    She's eating too much. Keto isn't a magic weight loss tool, it's just one method of ensuring calorie deficit. Make sure she's actually tracking calories, and actually in a deficit.
    She tracks on MyFitnessPal
    Eat. Sleep. Lift.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A lot of the entries on MFP are crap. She should double check them for accuracy and use a food scale.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000)
    She tracks on MyFitnessPal
    Ok, she's still eating too much.

marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you have an approximation of her body fat? According to this post : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=156380533, using the Katch-McArdle formula, if she is at 23% BF she wold burn around 1900 calories per day being lightly active (Light daily activity AND light exercise 1-3 days a week). I use the same formula for myself and it is pretty accurate. She might be eating too much if she approximates the quantity of food instead of using a scale. Especially in keto, with all the fatty foods a little of and the calories creep up.

JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500)
    calories in calories out keto or not lol
    Staying below 9% BF Year Round
    Ketosis Since - August / 14 / 2015
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day
    No Longer Doing Social Media Or Roaming Forums Often
    Display Picture Old And Not Up To Date
    New Instagram Not posting much as this time J.Banaitis

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You already asked this question a while ago, the answer hasn't changed: if she's not losing weight she's eating too many calories.

Don't do refeeds, that's foolish on keto.

Ignore all the foolish advice in this thread.

Keto is fine for losing fat. If she's not losing weight she needs to eat less calories.

Originally Posted by rusrious View Post
    Hey Clint.

The key is fat intake first thing she eats. if she drinks coffee, add 1tbl of coconut oil. Then, 2-3 scrammbled eggs, with shreaded cheese, with bacon fat.

Have her do squats off the kitchen counter sink. Simple hold the sink for leverage, and just do simple, slow squats as often as she can. 30-50 every 3 hours but make sure the sets are 45 seconds at the very least. Im imagining, the weight is in her thighs and belly mostly, so the squats is a key movement to melt the fat.

Apple cider vinegar, is freakin awesome. you MUST get into drinking it. 2tbls with 1/4 cup of water, 2 times a day.

Intermittent fasting can also help tremendously. rough for 2-3 days, then it gets easier. Dont let her eat atleast 2 hours before bed. You want a 14 hour window of fasting between night food and breakfast.

Jumprope or burpies before bed will greatly improve fat burning while sleeping.

Bro, im in same boat with my wife. She had a 8-pack before last child, and she close to getting it back on this routine.

Good luck to the both of Yous.
    If you're trolling you're funny. If you're serious this is painful.

Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    keto diets are not good for loosing fat, rather they are good for turning your body in to a cortisol factory! she needs to change from keto to a cyclic keto diet
    Standard keto works fine for fat loss. Wilson has done a study on CKD, it sucks.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 06-29-2017 at 09:48 AM.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/