LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How do you follow your macros?

Up untill now I used to open my notepad (in my iphone) and count the calories of everything I eat every time. With time I wrote to myself how many calories are in food I mainly eat (per 100g) and just calculate the amounts I've had.

But now I realized I should also count my macros (protein and fats) and I was wondering how do you guys do that, because it kinda seems impossible.

Also, was wondering if you reach to your minimum fats with saturated fats or only PB, almonds, olive oil etc.

jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100)
    There's a great free app from Under Armour called MyFitnessPal that counts calories, macros, and micros for free. Absolutely no need to buy premium, I don't even know what it does.

wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MFP is by far the most popular. Just keep an eye out because anyone can input a food into the database so sometimes you'll see incorrect entries.

Cronometer is another good one. Especially if you want a good look at micros.
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★

LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by wlodarczykn View Post
    MFP is by far the most popular. Just keep an eye out because anyone can input a food into the database so sometimes you'll see incorrect entries.

Cronometer is another good one. Especially if you want a good look at micros.
    So do you guys use these apps? The problem with MFP is that for most foods I can't measure in grams (which is how my kitchen weight works).

Also, to my other question, if I weigh 100 kgs, I should have around 90g of fats. Do you guys get the minimum fats all from good fats (olive oil, almonds, pb, etc.), or saturated fat as well?

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LioRiX View Post
    So do you guys use these apps? The problem with MFP is that for most foods I can't measure in grams (which is how my kitchen weight works).

Also, to my other question, if I weigh 100 kgs, I should have around 90g of fats. Do you guys get the minimum fats all from good fats (olive oil, almonds, pb, etc.), or saturated fat as well?
    what do you mean by this? There's options to change the type of serving based on the food. If you have the package of the food, you can scan it in, double check the macros and then add it to your log. You can also create custom recipes or foods if you need to add in the correct macros.

jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100) jkraft88 is not very well liked. (-100)

I have used this app every day for the past 4ish months and have lost 65 pounds using the tracking. I can't attribute the weight loss to the app, but I can say it has made the calorie/macro counting MUCH easier.
    A lot of the foods have options in metric rather than imperial. Sometimes you'll need to look up conversions but that only happens every so often.
    I split my fats good and bad about 50/50. A lot of the fats I get are from meats and protein bars, but the same amount comes from nuts, avocado, etc. Just no cheese.
    Also, one way to avoid the incorrect entries is to scan the barcode of whatever food you're eating, that way it gives you accurate nutrition facts.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't. Macronutrient requirements change day by day, assuming you don't have the activity levels of a sloth.

FamousZim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    I don't. Macronutrient requirements change day by day, assuming you don't have the activity levels of a sloth.
    I pay the $50/year for premium, and you can set specific macro goals for each day. Perfect for carb cycling, it takes the guess work out of everything and makes it so easy. Normally, I am very frugal and choose to spend my money else where, but premium for less than a dollar a week is WORTH IT!

Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)
    I count calories and protein. That's pretty much it.
    "The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

What do you mean by that? I'm asking how you calculate it daily

Ty all

Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A kitchen scale that weighs in grams will set you back $10

You don't need to switch macros daily unless you are top 1% pro in comp cycle. Premium on MFP is a waste of money IMO

You do need to be extremely careful of the myf database cos there are a huge number of errors, so check everything the first time you log it then use your recent foods to log next time

Originally Posted by Rabbitjb View Post
    A kitchen scale that weighs in grams will set you back $10

You don't need to switch macros daily unless you are top 1% pro in comp cycle. Premium on MFP is a waste of money IMO

You do need to be extremely careful of the myf database cos there are a huge number of errors, so check everything the first time you log it then use your recent foods to log next time
    So do you all check macros in your MFP log?

And about fats, all the mininum comes from good sources (avocado, almonds, olive oil etc.) or saturated fats as well?

Why would you consume different macros each day? Isn't calorie intake supposted to be the same every day?

SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just read the back of the packet and write it down?

Most foods will tell you all the nutritional information on the packet for a giving serving size, and you can just use some basic maths to find your serving size.

Personally, I plan my macros in advance rather than myfitnesspal which you put them in AFTER you've eaten them. So I have a spreadsheet that I plan my diet for the week using info on online shopping and then go to the store to buy exactly what I need.

Originally Posted by SteveMcs View Post

Most foods will tell you all the nutritional information on the packet for a giving serving size, and you can just use some basic maths to find your serving size.

Personally, I plan my macros in advance rather than myfitnesspal which you put them in AFTER you've eaten them. So I have a spreadsheet that I plan my diet for the week using info on online shopping and then go to the store to buy exactly what I need.
    Until now I looked at the package and by simple math I wrote to myself how many calories I consumed every time. But it seems impossible to do when you also need to make sure you reach min P and F.

BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why would you consume different macros each day? Isn't calorie intake supposted to be the same every day?
    So it you:

1.Go on a few visits one day and sit around on ur ass pretty much most of the day
    2.Go run for 15 miles and cycle for a couple of hours and have 3 hours of sporting activity be it training or whatever the next day

Your body will use and need the same amount of calories and have the same macro and micro needs?

Use some common sense..

BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SteveMcs View Post

Sounds like a pretty lame life, wouldnt it be better to eat what you actually feel like eating rather than planning ur whole diet for 1 week in advanced and then sticking to ur plan no matter what u feel like eating or how hungry you are at a certain time?

Originally Posted by BuildKing View Post
    So it you:

1.Go on a few visits one day and sit around on ur ass pretty much most of the day
    2.Go run for 15 miles and cycle for a couple of hours and have 3 hours of sporting activity be it training or whatever the next day

Your body will use and need the same amount of calories and have the same macro and micro needs?

Use some common sense..
    But I thought I should follow my TDEE.
    For example, I workout 4 times in a week, up untill a week ago, I would've consumed 1800 calories on a non-workout day and 2000 calories on a workout day.
    But then I've read in the forum that you should eat the same everyday based on your TDEE (so that would be like 1900 calories a day)

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    re-read the first part of the post.

FYI: When Macros change, total calories change.

TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    MyFitnessPal is by far the most popular.

Personally, I use something called MyMacros+

I like the design and layout better.
    Fierce 5 U/L Workout Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173977781&p=1493098341#post1493098341

Please leave comments/feedback.

But I thought I should follow my TDEE.
    For example, I workout 4 times in a week, up untill a week ago, I would've consumed 1800 calories on a non-workout day and 2000 calories on a workout day.
    But then I've read in the forum that you should eat the same everyday based on your TDEE (so that would be like 1900 calories a day)
    Some forum members also plan their meals 1 week in advance regardless of what they feel like eating every day or hour or how much, as you can read from some poster above.
    Is that really the way you want to live?
    People often overcomplicate things, If your activity is like a robot, every week almost the same, then by all means eat around the same amount each day, but I highly advise against having a set number like 1900 each and every day, its a much smarter and wiser idea to eat 1900~ on average then, but make it flactuate daily depending on how hungry you are, depending on ur activity/food/other factors you might be really hungry one day when you eat ur whole 1900 calories, but maybe one day ul be perfectly full on 1700, so why would you eat more if you are full? Or why would you starve if you are hungry? Wouldn't it be better to just eat depending on your activity level and hunger? And keep ur average caloric target at around the calories you want for your goal (losing weight or gaining muscle)?

That would also go in line with your theory about eating by following your TDEE, if you sit on ur ass the whole day ur TDEE might be 2300, if you are extremely active one day your TDEE might be 4000, you would be starving ur body for no reason on that extremely active day by eating ur 1900 calories, its pretty ridicilous to me personaly why people do this.

re-read the first part of the post.

FYI: When Macros change, total calories change.
    Okay so let's assume each day your calorie intake and macros change. How do you track it? MFP too?

Originally Posted by BuildKing View Post
    Some forum members also plan their meals 1 week in advance regardless of what they feel like eating every day or hour or how much, as you can read from some poster above.
    Is that really the way you want to live?
    People often overcomplicate things, If your activity is like a robot, every week almost the same, then by all means eat around the same amount each day, but I highly advise against having a set number like 1900 each and every day, its a much smarter and wiser idea to eat 1900~ on average then, but make it flactuate daily depending on how hungry you are, depending on ur activity/food/other factors you might be really hungry one day when you eat ur whole 1900 calories, but maybe one day ul be perfectly full on 1700, so why would you eat more if you are full? Or why would you starve if you are hungry? Wouldn't it be better to just eat depending on your activity level and hunger? And keep ur average caloric target at around the calories you want for your goal (losing weight or gaining muscle)?

That would also go in line with your theory about eating by following your TDEE, if you sit on ur ass the whole day ur TDEE might be 2300, if you are extremely active one day your TDEE might be 4000, you would be starving ur body for no reason on that extremely active day by eating ur 1900 calories, its pretty ridicilous to me personaly why people do this.
    Thank you very much for the detailed answer.
    I really do agree with you about the days being different in calories I need, but I disagree about the hunger part. Honestly only 2 weeks ago I started eating the same every day.

So I know my RMR is 2050. Currently bulking with 150 surplus (2200), and on workout days that would be like 200 more (2400). So that way is better than 2300 a day?
    Also, if you go that way, how could I know how many calories I burn in my work? (Bartender)
    Last edited by LioRiX; 06-25-2017 at 11:22 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I have added up macros and calorie in the past (spreadsheet).

The experience of doing this means that I can now ballpark my calories with maybe a +/- 200 calorie accuracy. My food choices generally guarantee that I'm getting enough protein and distributing it appropriately. Even though I'm trying to eat more carb heavy foods, my choices again guarantee that I hit my minimum dietary fat macro.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I have added up macros and calorie in the past (spreadsheet).

The experience of doing this means that I can now ballpark my calories with maybe a +/- 200 calorie accuracy. My food choices generally guarantee that I'm getting enough protein and distributing it appropriately. Even though I'm trying to eat more carb heavy foods, my choices again guarantee that I hit my minimum dietary fat macro.
    Thank you very much!
    I was using spreadsheets as well in the last 4 months but I never really knew wether I was getting to my min fats or not. I think I will stick with MFP for a while.

Furthermore, do you eat the same on workout days? I used to eat 200 extra on those days, but now reading the forums I am absoloutely confused. Should I go with a weekly average (thus 100+- extra for 4 workouts a week) or just have 200 extra calories on workout days?
    (The same question goes with work or cardio)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I work out almost every day. Offdays are a mental break from both training and dietary control - so I tend to have my usual protein shake for breakfast but then do WTF I want the rest of the day.

I work out almost every day. Offdays are a mental break from both training and dietary control - so I tend to have my usual protein shake for breakfast but then do WTF I want the rest of the day.
    I see, and what would you suggest me to do?
    Before joining this forum I used to look at my maintenance as BMR*1.2 , was on 400 surplus and consumed extra calories on workout days and work days (bartending shifts). Now after reading about this whole TDEE and weekly avg I am honestly very confused.

Keep the same surplus of deficit each day IMO.

Keep the same surplus of deficit each day IMO.
    Surplus of deficit?
    Do you mean I should go back to what I used to do? (Not weekly avg/tdee)?

Your complicating it too much, just pick hiw many calories u burn on average during an average week, depending on ur weight/work etc...
    For example 2300
    Then just eat around 2300 on average during the week if its a normal average week, just eat slightly more on active and gym days, maybe 2500 or so, and maybe like 2100 on more lazy days.
    Im just giving examples here.
    Then track ur weight for a few weeks and see if ur losing or gaining and then raise or lower depending on ur results.
    Now if you do some intense sports some days so u burn alot more than usual just calculate it using some online calculator, like 2 hours of tennis.
    They are not that accurate but ul at least get somewhat of an idea so u can somewhat adjust that day.

Personaly i can have days when I dont do much and days when I have gym aswell as sport trainings, on which days I burn at least 2000 more calories, if I ate the same amount always id be starving like hell on those days and my performance would suffer, so I really see no point when people keep advising others to eat the same amount every day, unless their weeks are all practicaly the same with very little variations in activity.