YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

ANIMAL Snak Bar Prototype Review

I would like to give a huge thanks to Firefist, NaturalGuy, and Animal/Universal for giving me the opportunity to alpha test this awesome new bar they are working on. I am a huge fan of Animal and Universal so I will give the most honest review I possibly can.

At first sight it looks good, it looks like a real food bar with no fillers in it. Smells like peanut butter and I can see chocolate chips and oatmeal in it.

Taste: I can taste the peanut butter and oatmeal in it and also the chocolate chips in it. The bar is just a little bit bland but I am alright with it since real food bars don't have artificial flavoring in them to make them overly sweet. I could taste the peanut butter throughout the entire bar and could also taste the bits of oatmeal and especially the chocolate chips in each bite. I like that the chocolate chips aren't everywhere because that would overwhelm the flavor. This is a flavor I wont get tired of and it tastes completely natural to me. I don't get a weird aftertaste after eating each bite of this bar like I do with a lot of other bars that I like to eat. This bar just tastes right to me because of its complete natural makeup.

I'm pretty positive on there being peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chips in the bar but I feel like there are a couple other things in it that make the flavor so unique. While eating it I wasn't able to completely dissect the bar but after every bite I looked to see what the bar looked like on the inside. I think maybe a fruit was in it in some bites, like raisins maybe, but I couldn't taste it in the bar so I might be wrong. 9/10

Texture: I like the texture, its chewy but not too chewy. I didn't have to chew a hundred times just to be able to swallow it. It was like I was chewing on a granola bar. The bar is moist all the way through, it does not taste dry at all which is a problem I have with a lot of other protein bars. Even though I used water to wash out my mouth after each bite, to get a better taste for each bite, I didn't need it at all. A lot of bars I eat I have to drink water with or I wouldn't be able to make it through eating the entire bar. This bar didn't leave that kind of paste in my mouth after each bite. It had just the right texture. 10/10

I wish the macros were on the label but I trust Animal to have a decent profile for this bar. The taste and texture was just right. I am happy to say that this bar did not in any way let me down. I am going to buy a box or three when they are finally released for sure. I use protein bars for everything from having a snack while hiking, to using them as a meal replacement when I'm too busy to eat a full meal at work, to taking them into a music festival with me to eat in between artists performing. I can use this bar for everything without having to switch up flavors to keep it from becoming something I get tired of. Definitely a bar I would recommend to others and cant wait for the release date to be announced in the future.
    “Uh, Later Dudes. S you in your A’s, don’t wear a C, and J all over your B’s.”

-Local business owner and cat enthusiast
    Always pick 2 crew

TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by YouMadOrMirin View Post
    I would like to give a huge thanks to Firefist, NaturalGuy, and Animal/Universal for giving me the opportunity to alpha test this awesome new bar they are working on. I am a huge fan of Animal and Universal so I will give the most honest review I possibly can.

At first sight it looks good, it looks like a real food bar with no fillers in it. Smells like peanut butter and I can see chocolate chips and oatmeal in it.

Taste: I can taste the peanut butter and oatmeal in it and also the chocolate chips in it. The bar is just a little bit bland but I am alright with it since real food bars don't have artificial flavoring in them to make them overly sweet. I could taste the peanut butter throughout the entire bar and could also taste the bits of oatmeal and especially the chocolate chips in each bite. I like that the chocolate chips aren't everywhere because that would overwhelm the flavor. This is a flavor I wont get tired of and it tastes completely natural to me. I don't get a weird aftertaste after eating each bite of this bar like I do with a lot of other bars that I like to eat. This bar just tastes right to me because of its complete natural makeup.

I'm pretty positive on there being peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chips in the bar but I feel like there are a couple other things in it that make the flavor so unique. While eating it I wasn't able to completely dissect the bar but after every bite I looked to see what the bar looked like on the inside. I think maybe a fruit was in it in some bites, like raisins maybe, but I couldn't taste it in the bar so I might be wrong. 9/10

Texture: I like the texture, its chewy but not too chewy. I didn't have to chew a hundred times just to be able to swallow it. It was like I was chewing on a granola bar. The bar is moist all the way through, it does not taste dry at all which is a problem I have with a lot of other protein bars. Even though I used water to wash out my mouth after each bite, to get a better taste for each bite, I didn't need it at all. A lot of bars I eat I have to drink water with or I wouldn't be able to make it through eating the entire bar. This bar didn't leave that kind of paste in my mouth after each bite. It had just the right texture. 10/10

I wish the macros were on the label but I trust Animal to have a decent profile for this bar. The taste and texture was just right. I am happy to say that this bar did not in any way let me down. I am going to buy a box or three when they are finally released for sure. I use protein bars for everything from having a snack while hiking, to using them as a meal replacement when I'm too busy to eat a full meal at work, to taking them into a music festival with me to eat in between artists performing. I can use this bar for everything without having to switch up flavors to keep it from becoming something I get tired of. Definitely a bar I would recommend to others and cant wait for the release date to be announced in the future.
    Solid review. Can't wait to give these a try
    Instagram - beyond__fitness__

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice review! These look good cant wait.
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YouMadOrMirin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TrainerTone View Post
    Solid review. Can't wait to give these a try
    Originally Posted by andrewwww View Post
    Nice review! These look good cant wait.
    I will probably buy enough to finally get sick of them, so like 100 boxes lol. Cant wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Always pick 2 crew

superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    From your description of the taste and texture it sounds like they are using a nut butter which is
    probably PB from your taste description and from my experience in making homemade bars they
    might also have applesauce in them for moisture and natural sweetener. I always use some form
    of nut butter and applesauce in my bars and they always turn out with a nice texture with just
    the right amount of chewiness and texture so it sounds like Universal/Animal did a nice job on
    these bars.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice review! So jelly.... can't wait to try these.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by superhuman67 View Post
    From your description of the taste and texture it sounds like they are using a nut butter which is
    probably PB from your taste description and from my experience in making homemade bars they
    might also have applesauce in them for moisture and natural sweetener. I always use some form
    of nut butter and applesauce in my bars and they always turn out with a nice texture with just
    the right amount of chewiness and texture so it sounds like Universal/Animal did a nice job on
    these bars.
    There is real peanut butter in the bar. Also, real honey to sweeten it, milk, almonds, brown rice, oats and sea salt. The ingredient list is pretty spare and minimal. This particular version/flavor of the bar also has chocolate chips in it for just a hint of decadence.
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal

Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by YouMadOrMirin View Post

Ingredients I posted above. Macro wise, there's about 25g of quality protein from milk sources. Because this bar uses natural ingredients (like peanut butter) it will contain sugars. Just not refined, processed and added sugars.

What you wrote is the double-edged sword. The bar's flavor and sweetness is not over the top. It's not relying on artificial flavors or sweeteners. It's relying on the natural ingredients to give it flavor and taste. As a result, it tastes pretty natural and wholesome. Will people want that? I don't know. But it's not made for everyone.
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal

Originally Posted by superhuman67 View Post
    these bars.
    Yeah, it is my new favorite bar. Reminds me a little bit of a cliff bar but way better.

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Nice review! So jelly.... can't wait to try these.
    You will not be disappointed lol.

Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Ingredients I posted above. Macro wise, there's about 25g of quality protein from milk sources. Because this bar uses natural ingredients (like peanut butter) it will contain sugars. Just not refined, processed and added sugars.

What you wrote is the double-edged sword. The bar's flavor and sweetness is not over the top. It's not relying on artificial flavors or sweeteners. It's relying on the natural ingredients to give it flavor and taste. As a result, it tastes pretty natural and wholesome. Will people want that? I don't know. But it's not made for everyone.
    If people don't like this bar then they are too familiar with artificial sweeteners and don't know how good an all natural product is. Their lose lol.

Always pick 2 crew

Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the awesome review brother. Glad you enjoyed!

Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    I think this is the direction everything will be going soon. I prefer a natural taste over artificial stuff any day.
    Animal Rep

instagram: @onelargepanda / Follow for weekly Animal giveaways!

www.animalpak.com
    Twitter & Instagram @animalpak
    ******** @officialanimalpak

Originally Posted by Firefist44 View Post
    Thanks for the awesome review brother. Glad you enjoyed!

I think this is the direction everything will be going soon. I prefer a natural taste over artificial stuff any day.
    The biggest thing I want with a bar is something I don't have to chug a water bottle to get down. Natural is so much better.

Always pick 2 crew