Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    northernnipple has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) northernnipple has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) northernnipple has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

is it bad to eat 1000 calories below maintenance?

i always see people on the forums commenting and telling people to eat 500 calorie deficit but im eating a 1000 calorie deficit just wondering if thats bad or?

Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes it is bad, I can speak from experience.
    you will screw up your thyroid big time if you do it for a long time.

shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    unless u have some great genetics, ur metabolism will craaaaash.
    stick to no less than 500/day. when u stop losing fat slowly cut more cals

northernnipple has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) northernnipple has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) northernnipple has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yes but if i look on websites and stuff for calorie intake it shows an option of "fat loss" or "extreme fat loss" and the extreme says i should eat 1000 calories below maintenance i dont know if i should be fine im 20% bf and i want to get to 10% for the summer (apparently that's hard i dont really know what im in for i guess lol)

Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by northernnipple View Post
    yes but if i look on websites and stuff for calorie intake it shows an option of "fat loss" or "extreme fat loss" and the extreme says i should eat 1000 calories below maintenance i dont know if i should be fine im 20% bf and i want to get to 10% for the summer (apparently that's hard i dont really know what im in for i guess lol)
    so you're gonna listen to silly websites instead of people that actually know their sh!t? ignorance of teens...
    **** abs for summer, think about the long run.

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that's way to low, slowed metabolism and stalled weight loss

ya you guys are right i will higher the intake to 500 calories i dont wanna mess myself up i just wanna loose %bf

Blazingsebas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lived By myself

I cutted my Calories 1000-1500 Below what i normally needed and finished up loosing more than 55% Of all my Muscles.

Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not healthy. Stick to a 500kcal or less deficit
    Oggie22's Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163231711

Starting stats: 137lbs @ 5'11

Injury count: Over 9000

andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrewg291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya you guys are right i will higher the intake to 500 calories i dont wanna mess myself up i just wanna loose %bf
    From 20-10% bf 500 calorie deficit should be more than enough for the summer (5-6 months away)
    "Fatigue makes cowards of us all"
    - Vince Lombardi

RJDrift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RJDrift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RJDrift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Even for cutting that's way too low dude. Stick to 500ish.

Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    regardless of all harms, how can you eat 1,000 cal below maintenance, if your maintenance is 2,200 cals. that mean you have to eat 1,200 cals. Oh no ! 150 grams of protein is already 600 cals. what to eat for the rest? you're going to be starve to death.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i always see people on the forums commenting and telling people to eat 500 calorie deficit but im eating a 1000 calorie deficit just wondering if thats bad or?
    Short period of time: No

Long Period of time: Yes

Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    any calorie deficit is bad. even when cutting you shouldn't be in-taking a calorie deficit

mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike222222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That is way too low. Just wondering, how much do you weigh @ 6'1''?

oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Moonzy View Post
    any calorie deficit is bad. even when cutting you shouldn't be in-taking a calorie deficit
    How exactly are you supposed to get lean without eating at a deficit?

Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moonzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by oregonredneck View Post
    How exactly are you supposed to get lean without eating at a deficit?
    what you eat, when you eat it, cardio, training. you don't need to go into a calorie deficit, especially not to get "summer-time lean". if you go into deficit then you don't know how to diet.

***I should add that in early stages of the cut, that is. but even when getting relatively lean, i'd never drop below 2100
    Last edited by Moonzy; 01-21-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    what you eat, when you eat it, cardio, training. you don't need to go into a calorie deficit, especially not to get "summer-time lean". if you go into deficit then you don't know how to diet.

can you please explain? I don't really get it.

if you do more cardio and training with same amount of caloric intake. it's equate to calorie deficit anyway? am I misunderstood anything?

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

***I should add that in early stages of the cut, that is. but even when getting relatively lean, i'd never drop below 2100

You sound like someone who's clueless about proper nutrition and someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    You sound like someone who's clueless about proper nutrition and someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

I think this answer my question, thank you.

and you look like some-one who's clueless about proper nutrition and someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

i know what i'd rather.

oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10) oregonredneck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    and you look like some-one who's clueless about proper nutrition and someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

i know what i'd rather.
    Wow. You should do some research about nutrition and how you actually lose fat, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about

i know what i'd rather.
    then please help answer my question above.

Originally Posted by Kanexyz View Post
    then please help answer my question above.
    no. you don't need to go into a calorie deficit to lose BF. if you've bulking on an intake of say 5500 a day and START your cut on 3500 a day, you're gonna lose fat, especially whilst you're doing cardio and you're not going to deficit.

as i later added in. i'm talking about getting down to 9-10%ish bodyfat. lean enough for summer.

you don't need to deficit

no. you don't need to go into a calorie deficit to lose BF. if you've bulking on an intake of say 5500 a day and START your cut on 3500 a day, you're gonna lose fat, especially whilst you're doing cardio and you're not going to deficit.

as i later added in. i'm talking about getting down to 9-10%ish bodyfat. lean enough for summer.

you don't need to deficit

accordingly to your 5500 and 3500 cals example. what is the maintenance level?

Originally Posted by Kanexyz View Post
    accordingly to your 5500 and 3500 cals example. what is the maintenance level?
    i don't think you get what i'm saying.

you START on the 3500 until you hit a plateau then adjust macro's (obviously lowing kcal) to allow you to continue losing the fat. if you start your cut on the macro's you're gonna use throughout your whole cut you're dumb as fk

i don't think you get what i'm saying.

you START on the 3500 until you hit a plateau then adjust macro's (obviously lowing kcal) to allow you to continue losing the fat. if you start your cut on the macro's you're gonna use throughout your whole cut you're dumb as fk

I kind of understand what you mean. but because you don't give me a detailed explanation so it is hard to follow.

you are giving 5500 cal on bulking and 3,500 for cutting then that makes it 2,000 different without having anything to compare for maintenance cal.

then regardless, let's make real example of myself so I can understand clearly. my maintenance is 2,600 cal per day. if I am now bulking at 3,200 cal per day what should I be doing for cutting according to your method?

Thank you master.

i know what i'd rather.
    Strong rebuttal.

Negged.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Short period of time: No

Long Period of time: Yes
    exactly this. if you are just doing a casual cut so you can start bulking again, go ahead and do it fast. If you are dieting for a competition you obviously aren't going to want to be in a massive deficit deep into prep.
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol this thread is hilarious.. 80% of you here are literally fukin morons...

whoever said you can lose weight without being in a defecit.. fuk of and die..

for all of you saying you cant be in a 1000 calorie defecit.. you are also fukin morons who have not reviewed ANY of the factors here..

what if OP is 350lbs?
    What if OP can maintain current strength levels in that defecit?
    What if halfing his time on a cut and increasing his time on a bulk results in an overall faster result and strength gain then cutting twice as slow?
    Who is to say cutting for 14 weeks slowly, results in more muscle than 7 weeks fast and 7 weeks of bulk?

christ bb.com is getting moronic..