AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question ignoring macros for a day?

i've been hitting my macros on point for the past 5 weeks (2000 calories, 200g protein, 125g carbs, 78g fat) and i'm down 15 pounds.

today i hit the gym as usual, ate 3 eggs and a piece of toast with a serving of butter for breakfast and that brought me to 30 protein 33 fat 19 carbs so far for the day.

i am not hungry at all today and i was wondering if it would hurt my progress in any kind of way to just not consume anything else and leave my macros "empty" for the rest of today.

**i will be getting right back on track tmrw**
    Last edited by AceBoogieBRO; 05-08-2017 at 03:08 PM.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AceBoogieBRO View Post
    i've been hitting my macros on point for the past 5 weeks (2000 calories, 200g protein, 125g carbs, 78g fat) and i'm down 15 pounds.

today i hit the gym as usual, ate 3 eggs and a piece of toast with a serving of butter for breakfast and that brought me to 30 protein 33 fat 19 carbs so far for the day.

i am not hungry at all today and i was wondering if it would hurt my progress in any kind of way to just not consume anything else and leave my macros "empty" for the rest of today.

**i will be getting right back on track tmrw**
    One day of non-compliance won't make any difference in the long run. If it then begins to become a habit, that's a different story.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For me, it's macros and counting every day. without exception. To truly make this a lifestyle, going 'on track' shouldn't even be in your vocabulary because there is no 'track'. This is just a lifestyle you live and breathe for life. There's no messing up because it is the default.

I equate accidentally running over my calories significantly and breaking my budget as equal to the likelihood of looking up at the sky one day and seeing a lunar eclipse. It is that rare...

AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AceBoogieBRO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Adare1 View Post
    For me, it's macros and counting every day. without exception. To truly make this a lifestyle, going 'on track' shouldn't even be in your vocabulary because there is no 'track'. This is just a lifestyle you live and breathe for life. There's no messing up because it is the default.

I equate accidentally running over my calories significantly and breaking my budget as equal to the likelihood of looking up at the sky one day and seeing a lunar eclipse. It is that rare...
    if you read what i wrote, i've been tracking religiously for 5 weeks already and i plan to continue for another 20. my problem isn't hitting macros anymore, it's just today i'm not very hungry.

will it ruin my progress to take one day off..?

Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you read what i wrote, i've been tracking religiously for 5 months already and i plan to continue for another 20. my problem isn't hitting macros, it's just today i'm not very hungry.

As others said no it won't. But I'm just philosophizing :P

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    macros dont matter day to day, its over a period of time. getting 10g of protein for the day isnt going to do anything. we dont get paid for this, we will get injured and take time off, this stuff isnt that serious. being strict is a good way to get burned out. there is no end goal for any of us, no exceptions.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Protein by the day, fats and carbs by the week.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Wow...........
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000)

This is no way to live a life. The tracking and macro counting is helpful and I advise doing it for a few months but that's it.

After a few months you should know what you have to do to meet your daily protein goals.
    You should know how big a meal should be, how big a portion of rice/pasta you should be having.
    You should be aware that you need some nuts/oily fish/avocado etc for fat.

Get out in the real world and talk to people, 90% of people in the gym who's physiques you are jealous won't have a clue what a macro is. Outside of this forum and fake nattys on YouTube no one cares about macros.

I've made more progress ditching the "skinny fat" look by training hard and eyeballing portions of regular protein heavy meals.
    For years all people had was bro science, it works and is more enjoyable that counting macros.

Lift heavy, eat protein, eat healthy, enjoy life
    Dont diet and exercise - Eat and train!

Originally Posted by DanLincoln View Post
    This is no way to live a life. The tracking and macro counting is helpful and I advise doing it for a few months but that's it.

After a few months you should know what you have to do to meet your daily protein goals.
    You should know how big a meal should be, how big a portion of rice/pasta you should be having.

Get out in the real world and talk to people, 90% of people in the gym who's physiques you are jealous won't have a clue what a macro is. Outside of this forum and fake nattys on YouTube no one cares about macros.

I've made more progress ditching the "skinny fat" look by training hard and eyeballing portions of regular protein heavy meals.
    For years all people had was bro science, it works and is more enjoyable that counting macros.

great answer

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you read what i wrote, i've been tracking religiously for 5 weeks already and i plan to continue for another 20. my problem isn't hitting macros anymore, it's just today i'm not very hungry.

If your goal is weight loss, and you're not hungry.... then just don't eat anything extra. ....
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

This 100%. Counting macros/calories is a tool. Being active, lifting, eating well/balanced, being social is a lifestyle.

You use the tool when you need to, but it is not a crutch. After counting for so long, you'll learn what a serving size is and won't need to measure and count. It's great to be committed, but eventually you won't need it anymore.

janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) janivl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can't count every day. It's simply not possible.

The point of counting, for me at least, is to get an idea of calorie/macro content of different foods and portion sizes. I'll still count on days where I can easily do so, but I want to arm myself against, for example, a day out with the family where you can't count/prep in advance. You want to be able to go out and enjoy those moments without being anxious because you can't count your calories or log your macros.

I feel this has been repeated ad nauseam now, but it's good to see that I'm thinking straight

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Excellent. Repped.