absoluteAce is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I have lost about 100lb. and need help moving forward from here

Most of my childhood I was obese until about 6th grade I hit a growth spirt and was skinny until I got my first job. I didn't start putting on weight until my senior year and couldn't quit putting on weight until a little over a year ago. At the time I worked at a Sam's Club; I smoked all day long and would drink 3-4 64oz sodas (no ice) in a 6 hour shift. I weighed about 295-300 at my heaviest. I didn't take pictures for about 2 years because I was self conscious about my weight (I still am but not like before since I've lost around 95-100lb.). I had a couple scares that got me thinking about my health and made me change my ways. I got to the point where if I didn't have the aforementioned sodas I'd feel weak and sick; this was a wakeup call but not the push I really needed to start loosing weight. My biggest motivation came when I realized I couldn't climb a tree because I was too fat. One evening a couple friends of mine and I went into a field to look for mushrooms and some cattle ran us up a tree. My friends had no trouble getting up the tree but I could not help myself. I thought I was going to die as I had a 2200 lb. bull staring me down angrily with probably 35 or 40 females behind him. One of my friends jumped down to help me into the tree. I realized then that I was not only endangering myself but my weight had endangered the lives of others and in the 2 hours we sat in that tree waiting for the cattle to move on I vowed to get myself in shape. I have stopped smoking, drinking sodas, and eating sweets and although I have lost 95+lb. I still have an undesirable amount of fat and have been stuck at a weight range of 193-205lb. for about 2.5 months now and can't seem to figure out how to loose this last 15-20lb.. I would love to put on about 15lb. of muscle but would love to see myself skinny again sometime. I just don't really know what to do now and I'm afraid if I don't reach out for help I will regress because I am prone to depression and fight binge eating, which is purely compulsive, like I can't control myself; once I start I'll easily eat through 3500cal in just a couple hours.

I have tried increasing my cardio and even doing it in a fasted state and nothing seems to be working for me any more. Any advice what so-ever would be appreciated...

Namaste -Ace

Registered User BecomingSmaller's Avatar
    BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Measure everything you consume in an app. You are currently at maintenance, so take the number of calories you are currently eating and subtract 500. Weight will then come off at an average rate of 1 pound a week (it's not linear though).
    I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.

54 year old male 6'4
    Jan 2016: 315#, May 2017: 185# 15%
    Next goal: 185# 12%
    #250kchallenge2018

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see where you said what your daily calorie level is.

I use myfitnesspal for tracking. I weigh all of my food on a foodscale to the gram, then I search their database, for example "Banana USDA" and choose the one based on 100g. Those are typically from the USDA database and are the most accurate.

Go to myfitnesspal, plug in your numbers. Do what it says, and you will continue losing. I've lost 140ish lbs that way. Don't panic if it tells you to eat only 1500 calories. It's based on BMR not TDEE, so you "eat back" exercise calories. Also be careful of bro science on this website. A lot of bros here will try to tell you to eat more than you should because "gains" but it's all bull****. Go to myfitnesspal, plug in your numbers, weigh all your food, and keep your protein high. I had to cut my calories far lower than I ever thought I would in order to drop the last 15-20lbs. If I took all my advice from this website I'd still be fat. I'm not joking.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

absoluteAce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My average caloric intake is about 1600/day, however, I do struggle with binge and compulsive eating; I'm trying to figure out how to keep myself from compulsively eating things I know I shouldn't and binging out...