Page 97 of 150 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 4482
    Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    F deadlifts. I don't care if it makes me a wuss or whatever - I'm done with them. It's just not worth it. Every time I do them, I hurt my back...and it's always on the descent...and sometimes with very low weights that makes no sense to me. I've replaced them with controlled RDLs. Honestly, I don't care even if I didn't replace them - I'm prioritizing back health and general well-being over a single exercise and it's an easy decision.
    After all those years of competitive rowing, I dealt with a good amount of back pain and even when not in pain my standard was what I called a tired feeling in my lower back.

One thing I have found for avoiding back pain when deadlifting is resetting after every rep. Touch and go was always haphazard but even with a pause, I don't like trying to get into the start position from the descent - seems to help to just start from the beginning.

But you're right - it seems most people who get injured doing deads do it on the descent. Now my deadlift form is a bit wonky, like anything with goofy leverages, but I always found the descent to be extremely technical and difficult. And now I do an RDL down and just break the knees the last couple of inches to the floor.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Xone View Post
    huh I would have thought the cable coming out of the floor would get in the way of the calf block

speaking of calves, how bad is the titan seated calf? anyone have it?

it looks kinda crap but commercial seated calves tend to be a lot bigger and every time one comes up local I can't borrow a truck in time. plus my space is limited. if I were to get a nice new one the body solid looks good/commercial quality and is $350 at the cheapest.

but I don't really need a seated calf and maybe a cheapo $130 titan one would be good enough if it works as it should.
    I got a custom calf raise from elitefts but it was like $800 or ao

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Back to the topic - belt squats seem like a decent idea, but the footprints are really big and they are very one-dimensional. I feel like with something like the Legend 6008, you can do trap bar deadlifts, split squats, lunges, shrugs, floor presses, shoulder presses, rows, meadows rows, shrugs, etc. and still it takes up less space (debatable...probably similar amount of space). I've done belt squats on it too straddling an arm and elevated on plates. I totally understand belt squats for athletic training centers, powerlifting gyms, etc....but for a home gym, it's an extremely one-dimensional space-eater.
    I agree with you on DL's, I'm done with them personally. The other motivator with this purchase is a long term solution for heavy squatting, something I'm almost done with as well. It's just not worth the elbow, shoulder, lower back pain. Then if you do have an accident like I had a while back, your sidelined for a few weeks and it sets you back. The Belt Squat might have limited versatility, but if it's singular use is a major bodygroup like legs, then it's worth the space. After I sell a couple items (pickup pending) it's going to be $50 out of pocket for me to have.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ....but for a home gym, it's an extremely one-dimensional space-eater.
    I'd whole-heartedly agree. I do belt squats with a loading pin and belt, it's about at cheap as you can get (elevated of course)..... but call me a wuss or whatever..... I usually end up with bruised inner thighs from the belt pressure. I don't have a bad back, so it's just something I do every now and then to supplement leg day. I couldn't see spending the money on a belt squat, at $500 or $3k, the real estate it occupies is too big of an investment in my home.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    I'd whole-heartedly agree. I do belt squats with a loading pin and belt, it's about at cheap as you can get (elevated of course)..... but call me a wuss or whatever..... I usually end up with bruised inner thighs from the belt pressure. I don't have a bad back, so it's just something I do every now and then to supplement leg day. I couldn't see spending the money on a belt squat, at $500 or $3k, the real estate it occupies is too big of an investment in my home.
    Would it make a difference if you could also use it for weighted walks, bent over rows, single arm rows, bicep curls, upright rows, shoulder raises, and calf raises? The cable platforms by Westside are even more versatile, it can be much more than just a belt squat.

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Economy reverse hyper was released for $375. It uses 2x2 steel vs 3x3 and weighs 100 lbs less.

https://www.titan.fitness/catalog/pr...pnd1-econpnd2/

Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ive got a packed 2 car garage and don't regret losing space for a belt squat. As I said and others I'm mid 40s and my back can be hit and miss and I can't afford to tweak it and miss work. Those days are gone. I haven't used my ssb or trap bar in maybe 12 months. All my single leg stuff like step ups and Bulgarians are with dumbells.
    I think for the money people are buying this at especially with discount I think you'll be happy. There are a few other things you can do as well. Put some band tension on and do marching for time which hammers the glutes but puts no strain on the back. Calf raises rows etc.
    I'm probably going to sell my basic model and get a wenning style one made for me. I think if needs be to create extra space I'll sell the reverse hyper. That was a one trick pony that I've never been blown away with

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    Sooo everybody needs a belt squat now?
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    I have to say that I'm tempted........I'm getting to the point where I'm cutting deadlifts out of the routine and dropping the weight on squats and doing sets of 10 because those movements are aggravating my 50 year old back....
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Price is right, I'll probably place my order tonight. FWIW I'll be able to compare it to Edge's leverage AND my existing cable driven Powertec Belt Squat. Do I need this, not really. But a dedicated machine is NOICE!
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Fingers crossed, time to redeem yourselves Titan!
    I just went to order the belt squat and its out if stock i one day? Are you kidding? Damn

CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GamecockLifter View Post
    Economy reverse hyper was released for $375. It uses 2x2 steel vs 3x3 and weighs 100 lbs less.

DAMN... Though I wonder how stable it is...
    Working on working out...

Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    I just went to order the belt squat and its out if stock i one day? Are you kidding? Damn
    Titan's waiting for me to pick it apart so they can make modifications before mass ordering.

Just PM me next time Titan

bwhahaha

Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GamecockLifter View Post

speaking of over specialized equipment most people don't need and shouldn't buy...
    435/259/551 S/B/D @ 197

OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In for Review. I just recently had two Wenning belt squats in my warehouse and that's just an incredible machine. It was extremely heavy so Titan can probably get away with a lot less material. In my opinion the Pit Shark and Wenning are top of the list. I owned an EliteFTS belt squat and although functional in a lot of ways, it didn't feel as natural to me squatting or to people in my gym. I need to stop by Rogue to test theirs out soon. I still don't comprehend how this price is possible.
    Nothing is impossible.

()---() York Barbell Club #10 ()---()

lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CraigThoreson View Post
    DAMN... Though I wonder how stable it is...
    at that price toss some sandbags on the base or bolt it to the floor and go for it. People make them out of wood and plywood and they work ok.
    Best Lifts
    BP 255
    SQ 425
    DL 435
    OHP 195

Originally Posted by OSUDimond View Post
    I still don't comprehend how this price is possible.
    I know right? That's why I placed my order, before they come to their senses and charge $1k+ for this machine LOL.

CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CraigThoreson has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Xone View Post
    speaking of over specialized equipment most people don't need and shouldn't buy...
    Honestly my back thanks me for getting mine, but I have lots of damaged parts in my back.

Originally Posted by lsi1 View Post
    at that price toss some sandbags on the base or bolt it to the floor and go for it. People make them out of wood and plywood and they work ok.
    I’ve already got their 3x3 one I’m good...

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just bought the Econ PND. It ended up being $323 with discount and codes. At that price, I'd be insane not to pick it up. I've been eyeing one for awhile and I couldn't justify $1000 for a Rogue one. I was going to get the Titan one Black Friday but this price is just insane. At 150lbs I think it will be more than good enough to remain stable and if not, as people said above, I throw my weight vest I haven't used in years on it.

This will be my 3rd Titan piece, the first being the GHD(10/10) The mini farmers walk handles(7/10) and now this. I recognize that Titan has issues and I wouldn't get everything from there but there's a few pieces in my opinion are ridiculously over priced and Titan has become a life saver for. GHD was the first one and it's looking like this and the belt squat is the other.
    Last edited by jamesovercome; 09-13-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the 3x3, picked it up on sale for about $450, its so over the top overbuilt, its a little silly. I think that the 2x2 will be fine. Titan includes the lower brace that the rogue has as an option. The design is very robust, if the backing plates and frame brackets are close in thickness 2” 11 gage is used on lots of commercial equipment with zero issues. Im guessing they realized that the design far exceeded realistic requirements. Be warned, if dimensions are same as the 3x3, its a hulking massive piece of equipment!

Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000)

Titan Pound Pads (for sound reduction)

Here's a video comparison between the original Pound Pads and Titan's new Silencer Drop Pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuqMrT_Cq0

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sboarder1964 View Post
    Here's a video comparison between the original Pound Pads and Titan's new Silencer Drop Pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuqMrT_Cq0

His review is exactly what I predicted - Something 98% as good at about 30% of the cost. RIP Pound Pads
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have the 3x3, picked it up on sale for about $450, its so over the top overbuilt, its a little silly. I think that the 2x2 will be fine. Titan includes the lower brace that the rogue has as an option. The design is very robust, if the backing plates and frame brackets are close in thickness 2” 11 gage is used on lots of commercial equipment with zero issues. Im guessing they realized that the design far exceeded realistic requirements. Be warned, if dimensions are same as the 3x3, its a hulking massive piece of equipment!
    Just saw it. The fatal flaw is where the legs meet the base. HORRIBLE design having it top mount with no gusset
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    This is what keeps me from ordering a belt squat machine right now--I've not tried to do belt squats at all with a belt and landmine, or some other thing that I can easily rig up with stuff that I already have.

I'm also wondering if there would be any benefit to getting one of those leverage squat machines from Powertec or Body Solid instead, as they take up less space. My neighbor has one, I might try his out to see how it feels on my back.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    I'm also wondering if there would be any benefit to getting one of those leverage squat machines from Powertec or Body Solid instead, as they take up less space. My neighbor has one, I might try his out to see how it feels on my back.
    They're not bad, I have owned the Powertec standalone version and then of course the one attached to the multi-gym. The narrow platform didn't really feel all that conformable to me, so I took a wider stance on the floor and it felt decent enough. Phenomenal standing calf raise though, that's about the only thing I miss about mine. Keep an eye on CL for the commercial pieces, I have seen handful of them go for quite a bit less than a BS/PT.

Belt Squat > Leg Press > Leverage Squat (IMO)

lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Just saw it. The fatal flaw is where the legs meet the base. HORRIBLE design having it top mount with no gusset
    I agree with you here and if I end up buying 1 I'd probably fab up some gussets. $400 and about an your with a drill would be worth it.
    Best Lifts
    BP 255
    SQ 425
    DL 435
    OHP 195

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    If coarse after i wrote that i noticed that same issue. Reality: not great, if they went woth 1/4” or 3/8” it will be acceptable.... if they did 11gage, which i have seen on some of there older inexpensuve pullup bars its going to be terrible. Thats where a lot of the weight difference is, the 3x3 has probably 50 pounds of reinforcement backer plates made of 3/8”

Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I understand why a lot of people are saying belt squats are a waste of space and just use 2 crates and a loading pin but for anyone with back issues or needs to frequently deload the spine I think there a god send. As I stated earlier for me it's a way I can squat again to failure just hammering the legs and keeping lower back pretty fresh. I used the loading pin for years and it worked fine but it's little things like either squatting it from the floor to start or having it rest on the side of the box then shuffling around to get into position. It's that same classic argument with everything for the home gym user. Anyone with any piece of machinery you could argue why not just use dumbells and barbell. You just have to decide how valuable a piece it is to you. I would take the belt squat over ghd and reverse hyper in a heartbeat. Probably even over a leg press as urban lifter said.

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rottweiler59 View Post
    I understand why a lot of people are saying belt squats are a waste of space and just use 2 crates and a loading pin but for anyone with back issues or needs to frequently deload the spine I think there a god send. As I stated earlier for me it's a way I can squat again to failure just hammering the legs and keeping lower back pretty fresh. I used the loading pin for years and it worked fine but it's little things like either squatting it from the floor to start or having it rest on the side of the box then shuffling around to get into position. It's that same classic argument with everything for the home gym user. Anyone with any piece of machinery you could argue why not just use dumbells and barbell. You just have to decide how valuable a piece it is to you. I would take the belt squat over ghd and reverse hyper in a heartbeat. Probably even over a leg press as urban lifter said.
    I still don't get the overall value of most belt squat machines. Maybe the Titan version at $550 or the Edge model at a grand, but beyond that, it feels like such diminished returns, unless you have massive lower body strength and a bad back. I use 2 plyo boxes, and a Spud belt squat belt, and I've built more lower body mass at moderate weight and high reps than I did with a 340 high bar back squat for reps. All with less than a $200 investment. Oh, and I have a bulging discs, and I have absolutely no lower back pain with this set up.

Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    I still don't get the overall value of most belt squat machines. Maybe the Titan version at $550 or the Edge model at a grand, but beyond that, it feels like such diminished returns, unless you have massive lower body strength and a bad back. I use 2 plyo boxes, and a Spud belt squat belt, and I've built more lower body mass at moderate weight and high reps than I did with a 340 high bar back squat for reps. All with less than a $200 investment. Oh, and I have a bulging discs, and I have absolutely no lower back pain with this set up.
    I completely agree. At the Titan price I think it's worth it but pit shark and wenning money for home use is a bit excessive. I totally agree that the loading pin method works just fine as well. I'm sure your aware there is something purely addictive about buying gym kit for home. I've got the original nautilus bi and tri machine that take up a whole garage corner and every week I think about selling them as they only do one move each yet every week put it off and justify keeping them

If coarse after i wrote that i noticed that same issue. Reality: not great, if they went woth 1/4” or 3/8” it will be acceptable.... if they did 11gage, which i have seen on some of there older inexpensuve pullup bars its going to be terrible. Thats where a lot of the weight difference is, the 3x3 has probably 50 pounds of reinforcement backer plates made of 3/8”
    Even with a thick plate I don't think it is a good design. Obviously the thicker plate would be more robust but there is still no lateral support and all the pressure is placed on the small area of the screw head.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rottweiler59 View Post
    I completely agree. At the Titan price I think it's worth it but pit shark and wenning money for home use is a bit excessive. I totally agree that the loading pin method works just fine as well. I'm sure your aware there is something purely addictive about buying gym kit for home. I've got the original nautilus bi and tri machine that take up a whole garage corner and every week I think about selling them as they only do one move each yet every week put it off and justify keeping them
    I hear ya. I have the addiction. We have a 1900 sq. ft basement, which is more than half taken up with equipment. However, it's not with machines. Power racks, platforms, plates, barbells, dumbbells, specialty bars, benches, cable attachments. The exception is my Pro Maxima hi/low lat pulldown machine. The common theme though, is everything has multiple uses. I can't bring myself to buying something with a large foot print that has just a single use.
    Last edited by Paulie_G; 09-14-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Page 97 of 150 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast