Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sounds like a parts changer auto shop. I'd avoid it with a plague. I hate shops like that.

get real mechanics that are trustworthy and good. good luck
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.

PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Idk if we do that. But why do u hate those shops

Originally Posted by RocknRollMuscle View Post
    sounds like a parts changer auto shop. I'd avoid it with a plague. I hate shops like that.

get real mechanics that are trustworthy and good. good luck

Registered Snapchat King squeak419's Avatar
    squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like your old man made a well informed decision taking into account all possibilities :|

Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Leaving a more level headed comment.

One of the chittiest industries to get into if you know nothing.

Make all your mechanics work flag hours, hold them to it, and make them warranty their come backs.

Keep track of every cost, get displays for all the extra chit, and make some effort to sell customers oil changes, air filters, wipers, etc etc.

This industry sucks thought, you will fight every single day, they stress will never go away. That "type" of customer you hate to see, that brings you all the stress? Yeah they will never stop coming, one by one you will run into them. My line of business has done worse to my health than any drug addiction. In 5 years tops I plan on selling out and going into a completely unrelated business.

Unless youre just some massive cash cow business, or some low overhead lube shop, its fukin rough.
    Belief without evidence is a fools game.

Listen Crew - Anything on your mind, want someone to talk to? Hit that PM button brah
    5 * Thread Maker
    Lone Star State Crew
    Diesel Life Crew
    Lol @ Trumplets Crew
    Lol @ CEO of Exxon for SoS, GoldmanSachs for Treasury, and Creationist for Education Crew
    Lol @ Drain the Swamp Crew
    Reps for life: stfaulk89

PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000) PeacefulDink is a complete loser! (-2000)
    @lawlstud

I'll tell him this and I already said the reason why he bought it in a later reply. I'll also tell him about the problems u mentioned and what he thinks. Remember we too aren't doing good that's why I am getting involved and want to improveS and yes the mechanics need to be supervised. We can't fire the because we don't have a replacement

Also brah tell me how I can talk to my dad about this. I want to explain to him normally not in Misc terms or logic and I'm trying to comprehend what ur trying to say. I know ur saying the business is bad and I'll ask him y did he do this too. I'll ask him how much we are making etc etc. He tells me there's a lot of money in this we just have to grow it ourselfs and he thinks I can help. Like I said our location is good.

And what does flag hours mean

And I'll ask about how his customers are and if they caused problems

y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    He bought an auto repair shop to run and knows jack all about cars? Disaster waiting to happen.

Mechanics arent professionals, they will take full advantage of him because they know he doesnt know anything and are/feel indispensable

mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mintyisfresh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

youve made it brah

Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PeacefulDink View Post
    @lawlstud

I'll tell him this and I already said the reason why he bought it in a later reply. I'll also tell him about the problems u mentioned and what he thinks. Remember we too aren't doing good that's why I am getting involved and want to improveS and yes the mechanics need to be supervised. We can't fire the because we don't have a replacement
    Find replacements. I was at that spot once as well. Post on ********,craigslist, wherever. If your mechanics feel like they are irreplaceable you're done for. Which is also why I said hold them to flag hour.

If you're not going well, customer why, advertise. Do good work, keep and active social media presence, ask people who drop off to check in on fb and to leave reviews.

But I cant tell you how important it is to cycle employees. Ive been doing this for 5-6 years. It was one of the hardest lessons I learned. Your best employee will become your biggest headache and eventurally start losing you money. Pay a fair wage, but if he is shelling out all his profits to his employees he shouldnt be in business.

You need to develop a system, where you keep track of all the vehicles a mechanic did in a single month, and the profit they each netted. You will find out your highest paid employee is profiting less than your lowest paid. The you start finding out maybe you are bettew without the fastest mechanic, and instead hiring 2 lower paid mechanics in his same wage.
    Belief without evidence is a fools game.

Listen Crew - Anything on your mind, want someone to talk to? Hit that PM button brah
    5 * Thread Maker
    Lone Star State Crew
    Diesel Life Crew
    Lol @ Trumplets Crew
    Lol @ CEO of Exxon for SoS, GoldmanSachs for Treasury, and Creationist for Education Crew
    Lol @ Drain the Swamp Crew
    Reps for life: stfaulk89

Originally Posted by squeak419 View Post
    Sounds like your old man made a well informed decision taking into account all possibilities :|
    We were desperate. Our limo business was slow and dying and it's non existent now we sold our cars. This we thought was good deal. Good location the previous owner didn't care and sold it to us for cheap. We bought it on a loan from our bank.

Bro I added some more stuff in the older post read that.

Yes we have had the same 2 mechanics for a year and a new one just recently. They work at different times but arrive late or leave early and I think dad pays them for all of them because like I said we don't have any options and if we don't have mechanics the ship won't run so we are desperate and yes I'll ask him how much he pays them and I'll post ads to hire new ones

Originally Posted by Lawlstud View Post
    Find replacements. I was at that spot once as well. Post on ********,craigslist, wherever. If your mechanics feel like they are irreplaceable you're done for. Which is also why I said hold them to flag hour.

If you're not going well, customer why, advertise. Do good work, keep and active social media presence, ask people who drop off to check in on fb and to leave reviews.

But I cant tell you how important it is to cycle employees. Ive been doing this for 5-6 years. It was one of the hardest lessons I learned. Your best employee will become your biggest headache and eventurally start losing you money. Pay a fair wage, but if he is shelling out all his profits to his employees he shouldnt be in business.

You need to develop a system, where you keep track of all the vehicles a mechanic did in a single month, and the profit they each netted. You will find out your highest paid employee is profiting less than your lowest paid. The you start finding out maybe you are bettew without the fastest mechanic, and instead hiring 2 lower paid mechanics in his same wage.

Originally Posted by Adnim View Post
    You don't speak English very well. It's sad to be honest! You sound like a retard. Just give up!
    Dude GTFO my thread if ur gonna be hating and have nothing to contribute. I'm in my phone it's late at night and intoxicated. I don't need to be writing published essays right at this moment. Jesus

Friend mentioned adding some cleanin service to the cars such as detailing or car washes. Seems like that be easy $ and I can learn how to do it

huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) huegos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I help small businesses grow through social presence here in LA. Shoot me your website OP I can take a look.

Originally Posted by huegos View Post
    I help small businesses grow through social presence here in LA. Shoot me your website OP I can take a look.
    Pm sent

Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Being in a "good" location means you're paying for it. It's all relative.

Originally Posted by Sinix View Post
    Being in a "good" location means you're paying for it. It's all relative.
    Through what means?

OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    pops business will go as far as his mechanics does, you have ****tty mechanics you will have a ****tty business, get good mechanics and business will boom once the word gets out

mischman mischman mischman mischman mischman mischman mischman mischman mischman mischman mischman
    Couldve been worse OP. He couldve bought a restaurant. You can still make the auto shop work with some good changes.

Originally Posted by mischman View Post
    Couldve been worse OP. He couldve bought a restaurant. You can still make the auto shop work with some good changes.
    Lol I always thought restaurant was the best why is it bad

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Buying a business you know nothing about because you believe your getting a 'good deal' on it and because its 'in a good location' is a terrible idea. People typically use a mechanic that's reputable and has good service. Not choose a mechanic because his shop is in a good location. Location is nearly irrelevant for a mechanic's shop. And since you and your father know nothing about this industry who decides if its a 'good deal' or not? Sound's like the business isn't even going to break even which most likely mean's will end up losing everything and broke.

The best thing you can probably do is hire someone who's experienced in that industry to manage the place and take a complete hand's off approach. Its going to be tough to even survive much less turn a profit.

Originally Posted by PeacefulDink View Post
    Lol I always thought restaurant was the best why is it bad
    People who've spent 20-30 years in the restaurant business, who've successfully managed other people's restaurants often fail when they start their own. Its a difficult business to succeed in even when you know all of the in's and out's and have been involved your entire life.

That can be said for most businesses. Even if your very experienced in it, its difficult to just build a successful business. With 0 knowledge and experience on the matter its a disaster waiting to happen.

Guest89 thanks for your advice like I said I'll talk to my dad about everything. I know I said the mechanics are bad but that's just that they come in different times. Their work is good, our customers like them. Since now I'm involved I'll try to figure out how much we make. I know ur saying we will probably lose. But I forgot to tell u dad bought this last summer and it's already been a year and we clearly haven't shut down and are making money. I've gotten a lot of good ideas in here that I'll talk to him
    About and hopefully our profit will continue to rise.

5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do custom installs like exhaust/intakes/intercoolers. There are a ton of dumbasses that spend a chit ton on their car and don't know how to hold a tool or tighten your bolt

Also do window tinting because every fukker in the world has tinted windows now a days and it only takes a couple of hours to do

5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000) 5minutesalone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Start an instagram and get a cult following. Every ******* with a stage 1 wrx takes a million pictures of his car and spams instagram

Bump

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    lol are you for real? Lmfao.

^ about?

eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much did you pay?

My buddy owns a auto repair shop. He was telling me the shop is worthless minus the equipment. You'd sell a book of business but with auto they aren't t very loyal to new owners.

He makes good money but went to tech school and is a master BMW tech.
    Dodgers!
    BAAA BAA Baa Taaa Taaa Toothy

FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankGrimesJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1) Fire the the 3 current dead beat mechanics
    2) Hire a knowledgeable service manager. Your dad needs a service manager because he doesn't know a lick about cars. But make sure to hire a trustworthy one.
    3) Hire new mechanics. I'm sure you easily find new mechanics and cycle through until you find good trustworthy ones.

Your current dead beat mechanics are just riding out until the ship sinks.

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    run a reputable shop. Poeple will love you.

Don't be that scammy shop that replaces o2 sensors all freakin' day.
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.

Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hashfoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ridezilightning View Post
    The space was converted to one of my three manufacturing locations. I own a plastic company now and just sit at home inventing all day
    if u were doing those kinds of numbers, why did u convert that space into something else instead of buying a new space and keeping the old space running?