Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)

<Insert witty title here> - Cardioconvert's Journal

Hi bb.com world!!!

I've kept several journals over the years - some for logging about prep and others just to log! Here we go again!! I need somewhere to document my fitness thoughts, because, while my family rocks and is so supportive, none of them cares to talk about lifting and eating as much as I would like!!!

I am not sure I can log everyday and I don't foresee this being where I will log every thing I lifted and at what weight, I just need somewhere to muse.....

Be right back with an entry to summarize my fitness journey thus far....

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Coles notes of Cardioconvert:

- 44 currently, married to the bestest guy going for just shy of 19 years as of the time I started this journal
    - 2 kidlets - 15 y/o daughter and 14 y/o son
    - 5' 9" and sit on my ass all day (Senior Director of IT in a big organization)
    - ran distances (half marys, marathons) for a LONG time before discovering the weight room was the coolest place to hang
    - have competed in figure with very good results (albeit just regionally) in 4 separate season. I usually compete every other year.
    - favorite workout day: back but shoulders is a close second
    - favorite cardio workout: sprints at the local track - long side sprints, recovery on the 'bend'

Not sure what is up next. Not competing this year but have been logging some epic workouts. Sitting a wee bit fluffy right now for my own liking (151) and would like to shed about 10lb by mid June.

Today is shoulder day and I will log that workout here at the gym at my workplace. Weather here (SW Ontario) is quite nice and I will likely take the puppers out on a run tonight.

Lift on,
    CC

Crazy week!

Had a great arm and shoulder workout on Wednesday night and then a really good spin class. I love the Wednesday night spin at my Y - the instructor is so sweet but she really challenges you! She ends the class with very cool celtic sounding song which has 3 distinct movements in it - the first, you do a high tension climb, then as the piece enters the second movement she challenges you to leave the tension on but sit then, for the last movement, you transition to sprint tension and see out the end of the class. I know it sounds dorky but whenever I participate, I imagine being a viking and riding across a mountain range on light draft horse (opps, did that make me sound dorky? oh well)

Yesterday was a rest day with just a few puppers walks. She had to go last night for her heartworm test and get stocked up with her heartworm pills and flea/tick pills - in addition to keeping her healthy, at least we get lots of credit card points from it! She is my fur baby so can't let anything get to her:

Tonight is chest night - can't wait to take some work frustrations out in the strength training room!

Have a great weekend everyone!

CC

ok, not doing a great job keeping consistent with the logging. Thank goodness my workouts are consistent even if my journaling isn't!

Life has been super busy. Kids starting up new spring sports (daughter - field hockey, very cool, son - flag football season!) and getting used to that new schedule. Hubs and I are still plotting out summer camping trips - we bought a new trailer and I am sooooo excited to go glamping. Upgraded from a tent trailer and I remember the first time we took that, as compared to tents, I was in heaven. I can't imagine how now taking a 36 foot trailer is going to feel!

In the better weather, I love outdoor workouts to shake things up a bit. Have a little 'kit' that I take when the kids want to go to the park or wherever which has my ladder, kettle bell, weighted jump rope and other fun little workout aides. This 'kit' will most definitely be put in the trailer for our first trip so I can do some little (don't read 'light') workouts while on the road

Had a freaking fantastic back session last night. Me and about 2 dozen under 20 year old boys in the weight room That wasn't what made it a good workout (but it did make for an entertaining workout) rather the fact that all my lifts feel nice and strong right now. Been working a lot with varying the time under tension and cadence of various lifts and feel it has actually resulted in much better lifts overall. LOL, I guess one good thing about the environment last night, though, was that I girled at least 3 of them on some lifts. Lots of T in the room so I just set myself into the zone and tried to ignore it.

Non stop rain here has forced me to move any running I am doing indoors. I am not doing a lot of cardio right now. I build in enough to support a holistic approach to wellness which, in my estimation, includes the pillars of strength, cardio and the mind. I do not, however, indulge in as much running as I would like as I do like to keep cardio as a 'tool' in my kit for use (with maximum effectiveness) during prep.

Speaking of prep.......yup, I am going to compete again. But not yet. April of 2018 is the target. Gives me nice time to grow a bit more and enjoy this year without the rigor of prep. I will likely, for the first time, manage my own workouts and food. Last season, my training team was out of pocket for most of the journey due to a family accident and I proved to myself that I can do it Plus, that means with the $$ saved, I may be able to indulge in a new suit But, that is not top of mind right now. Right now, it is focus on heavy, consistent lifting and remaining in good overall shape to enter into prep at an ideal weight. With the changes made lately, I am starting to see a nice response. As mentioned in a previous post, I'd like to get down to about 145 or so for June and I am tracking towards that nicely at this point.

Have a great weekend all,
    CC