Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anderson silva cherry picked fights his whole career
    New York

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrewDarden View Post
    I watch it on a Roku or Roku 4 99% when I watch something live.

I saw someone else say literally this on ******** the other day. I guess I'm just getting old but is there someone proposing that there is a third gender out there to is this some meme that I
    m unaware of.
    Nah man huge thing. It's all the rave with degenerates trying to impose how people should speak.
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    The only people who want to see Mayweather fight Conor are casual white fans who want to see someone knock the arrogance out of Mayweather. The thing is they are BOTH cut from the same fabric, except one is black and one is white.
    Conor is a pretty low probability candidate to KO Mayweather in a pure boxing match, even the most ardent Conor fans would have difficulty believing this. I think people are mostly excited by the pageantry of it - the promotional build up, the collision of two disciplines and two massive egos (and all of the attendant chit talk).

I also don't buy that Mayweather and Conor are interchangeable. Where's Conor's history of domestic violence? Where's the unsettling footage of his 'dog house' gym culture? Most importantly, where are Conor's frustratingly joyless ring performances?

kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) MMA superfans are the absolute worst. They talk about fighting as if they know the intimate details of not only what its like to be a fighter but why some fighters win or lose. They are fickle as fuk - one min a fighter is the GOAT , then if he / she loses ONE TIME they are washed up and should retire according to them. I'll never forget a guy told me once that Chael sonnen only beat on Anderson Silva for 5 rounds in their first fight because ,' Anderson is so good HE LET HIM'.

2) UFC is run in the same format as WWE programming, right down to how it's booked. Dana white took the template of TUF from a show called 'Tough Enough' which WWE made years prior. WWE has the channel , UFC has the fight pass stuff. but beyond that, UFC has managed to avoid giving title shots to boring fighters that actually deserve the title fights because of winning, to give the bigger more marketable opportunities to people undeserving that can sell a ppv. There is no excuse why Mighty Mouse isnt making bigger money than he is, when conner is not defending his titles at all but making boat loads of cash. Same can be said about Jon Jones. GSP getting an immediate title fight over the division that has been working for it isnt fair either, but with them running chit like WWE it's what sells not what is fair.

3) Ronda Rousey was largely protected for years to market the womens division and when she wasnt needed anymore she was taken down a few pegs.

4) dana white will always be the biggest start of UFC

audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) audacious92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    GSP is a boring decision machine,Aldo is the still the king at 145, Diaz brothers overrated AF,Conor is the true 155 champ and could whoop other contenders,heavyweight division consists of out of shape light heavyweights ,Nobody cares abt DJ

cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dryden View Post
    I think (possibly very wrongly) that grappling/wrestling/bjj plays too large a part in mma. Khabib can rag doll me whichever way he wants and break limbs with submissions but I better not knee weidman when he's got 2 hands on the ground nevermind when he's on his back.

That's a really good point. I think that's why I like Japanese rules better.

cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kneeonbelly View Post
    1) MMA superfans are the absolute worst. They talk about fighting as if they know the intimate details of not only what its like to be a fighter but why some fighters win or lose. They are fickle as fuk - one min a fighter is the GOAT , then if he / she loses ONE TIME they are washed up and should retire according to them. I'll never forget a guy told me once that Chael sonnen only beat on Anderson Silva for 5 rounds in their first fight because ,' Anderson is so good HE LET HIM'.

100% Truth. You really start to understand this if you've ever trained in a martial art for even a couple of weeks. It makes you appreciate how mentally tough and skilled these guys really are.

I mean I already had a huge amount of respect for fighters before I took bjj classes but after getting my ass handed to me on the mat daily and being destroyed every single practice it really brings you into the reality of how hard it is for the fighters who are not only grappling but getting punched and kicked by complete destroyers at every practice.

ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000) ShangTsung is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is no such thing as sanctity of the Octagon. If you're not fighting for real money (or that isn't your goal), you're an idiot. I'm mostly referring to everyone that whine when people like GSP, Brock or Punk "cut the line" (again, no such thing) and take away a spot from a nobody. Getting up at 6am and spending your day in a sweaty, stank ass gym doesn't mean you've earned anything. Become likeable. Become someone people hate. Move some merch and sell PPVs and be someone worth giving a damn about. Do something. Otherwise, enjoy your 15K payday (before taxes and before coach expenses).

TLDR

- Too many whack ass entry level fighters crying on Twitter.

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ShangTsung View Post
    There is no such thing as sanctity of the Octagon. If you're not fighting for real money (or that isn't your goal), you're an idiot. I'm mostly referring to everyone that whine when people like GSP, Brock or Punk "cut the line" (again, no such thing) and take away a spot from a nobody. Getting up at 6am and spending your day in a sweaty, stank ass gym doesn't mean you've earned anything. Become likeable. Become someone people hate. Move some merch and sell PPVs and be someone worth giving a damn about. Do something. Otherwise, enjoy your 15K payday (before taxes and before coach expenses).

TLDR

- Too many whack ass entry level fighters crying on Twitter.
    What do you mean by Entry Level Fighters?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000) MMAMatty is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    100% Truth. You really start to understand this if you've ever trained in a martial art for even a couple of weeks. It makes you appreciate how mentally tough and skilled these guys really are.

I mean I already had a huge amount of respect for fighters before I took bjj classes but after getting my ass handed to me on the mat daily and being destroyed every single practice it really brings you into the reality of how hard it is for the fighters who are not only grappling but getting punched and kicked by complete destroyers at every practice.
    And just imagine being in the UFC: People would constantly be shooting to kill in the gym, trying to make a name for themselves. Gotta' check your ego at the door at a bjj club or mma club.

MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JustMoved24 View Post
    anderson silva cherry picked fights his whole career
    Holy chit lol

Epic trolling

AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm unsure how unpopular this opinion is but I legit don't believe there is any female straw weight contender that can beat Joanna right now or in the near future and believe she will retire in the next couple of years undefeated in MMA. Her style is too aggressive and she is too technical that she will win 100% of 5 round fights.

MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MauPow88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    People discount the level of competition at flyweight because none of them have big names from the old school times of the UFC, and actually Demetrious Johnson has fought better competition during his title reign than Anderson Silva or Georges St Pierre and is second to only Jon Jones as greatest all time fighter.

Demetrious John is top pound for pound fighter since he's small for flyweight. Frankie Edgar is second best pound for pound fighter since he's been fighting bigger guys his whole career and was lightweight champ. Daniel Cormier is third best.

Also, don't understand why the UFC lists women on their pound for pound list. Pound for pound, on a list with male fighters, they are the worst fighters.
    Last edited by MauPow88; 04-21-2017 at 06:03 AM.
    IG: Maupow88

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also like watching some videos from DJ gaming. Hilarious to see the usual frustration with online games.
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Jessica Andrade is overrated. Her striking is too wild. Joanna gonna carve her up

Conor is never gonna defend his belt

WME has ruined UFC and they are relying on old stars instead of building new ones

GSP is amongst the GOATs, but his anti-PED crusade was stupid considering he was very likely using, too (as was everyone else). I hope Bisping smashes him
    {Misc Fisherman Crew}
    {Misc Investing Crew}

DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Professional fighters are manchildren who turned a typically non-viable career path into a semi-viable career path. Stop selling the rags to riches, blue collar story on every countdown and TUF show.

Best example of this is propping Conor McGregor up for coming from welfare to the UFC. Drawing welfare so you can practice your hobby full time is not an inspiring story.

Also the "for my family" TUF contestants. Get a real job on the side at least ffs.

Everybody who trains at a gym that grooms professional fighters knows that for every success story there are 100 unemployed manchildren burdening their family with their professional hobby. Mighty Mouse spends his entire day training martial arts and playing video games to make money, there is little to no aspect of his life with which the average person can relate, so why constantly sell us on his relatability?

Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Millington is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Overeem, Machida, and Vitor should be granted exemptions
    soccer kicks to downed opponents should be legal
    ONE is better than Bellator and probably will be for the foreseeable future
    Palhares was morbidly exciting and shouldn't have been kicked out
    Bisping being champ is the worst thing ever and no he didn't deserve it for 'putting in his time'
    failing to renew okami, shields, fitch because they are 'boring' is appalling
    The ufc should endeavor to be a sport rather than a circus even though that doesn't make financial sense

Originally Posted by DFS200 View Post
    Mighty Mouse spends his entire day training martial arts and playing video games to make money, there is little to no aspect of his life with which the average person can relate, so why constantly sell us on his relatability?
    People are desperate to process life in narrative form and for a story to function it needs to be relatable. The UFC is giving people what they crave, even if it's insanely artificial and stupid.

healthy eating disorder AgentSkyhawk's Avatar
    AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think Paige Vanzant can hold her Own against Joanna Champion.

I Think Jessica Eye still has **** to show people and a chance to bounce back in the UFC

Jared Rosholt shouldn't have gotten cut that quick.

I wanna see Mir/Lesnar 3, Miesha vs Ronda 3 and Cat vs Ronda 2
    "You can train as hard as you want to, but without the right fuel supporting your training and recovery, you will never see the results that you should."-Iron Man

Oh by the way...Size f*cking matters, in everything. Don't believe the hype. Size f*cking matters. Size DOESN'T matter to people who don't have any size, that's why they're like "oh size doesn't matter". SIZE, GIRTH, THICKNESS, EVERYTHING. Its a game of inches in life..add up all those inches, Victory muthaf*cker!-Greg Plitt

healthy eating disorder AgentSkyhawk's Avatar
    AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kathebrahl View Post
    - weidman vs mousasi should be a nc, and I believe the chris will be back fighting for the title in the not so distant future
    - rockhold vs bisping 2 was a fluke and rockhold wins that fight 9 out of 10 times
    - cormier is an annoying try-hard
    - GSP is a phony. all of a sudden willing to fight at mw and 99% sure he was on ped's in the past. doesn't bother me but don't act like this anti ped crusader
    - biggest wrong in the recent WWE turn the UFC has taken, is aldo not getting a rematch. rematch at lw is the nr 1 fight I would like to see
    Rockhold is easily, EASILY the reason why the middlweight division is how it's going down lol.
    "You can train as hard as you want to, but without the right fuel supporting your training and recovery, you will never see the results that you should."-Iron Man

Oh by the way...Size f*cking matters, in everything. Don't believe the hype. Size f*cking matters. Size DOESN'T matter to people who don't have any size, that's why they're like "oh size doesn't matter". SIZE, GIRTH, THICKNESS, EVERYTHING. Its a game of inches in life..add up all those inches, Victory muthaf*cker!-Greg Plitt

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kneeonbelly View Post
    The worst are the armchair psychologists who think they can predict fights from the staredown. OMG he blinked OMG he's so shook".
    Last edited by Groce; 04-22-2017 at 08:31 AM.

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MMAMatty View Post
    And just imagine being in the UFC: People would constantly be shooting to kill in the gym, trying to make a name for themselves. Gotta' check your ego at the door at a bjj club or mma club.
    LOL the only killing being done at my old gym was by the Pro guys.

moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000)
    -Everyone is on some kind of PED.
    -More fights are fixed than we will ever know.
    -I think the reebok fight gear looks more professional

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fights people claim to be a robbery are not a robbery 99.999% of the time.

Every time there is a close decision, it happens. But it was not a robbery and it was not fixed. It was just a close fight.

Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MauPow88 View Post
    People discount the level of competition at flyweight because none of them have big names from the old school times of the UFC, and actually Demetrious Johnson has fought better competition during his title reign than Anderson Silva or Georges St Pierre and is second to only Jon Jones as greatest all time fighter.

Demetrious John is top pound for pound fighter since he's small for flyweight. Frankie Edgar is second best pound for pound fighter since he's been fighting bigger guys his whole career and was lightweight champ. Daniel Cormier is third best.

Also, don't understand why the UFC lists women on their pound for pound list. Pound for pound, on a list with male fighters, they are the worst fighters.
    Sean Sherk is better than 90% of DJ's opponents.

You legitimately believe Benavidez or Dodson are better than Condit, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Alves, celltech Johny Hendricks or even Jake Sheilds?

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gainzzz View Post
    Sean Sherk is better than 90% of DJ's opponents.

You legitimately believe Benavidez or Dodson are better than Condit, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Alves, celltech Johny Hendricks or even Jake Sheilds?
    Cejudo, Dodson, Horugichi, Benavidez, and Ian McCall are all elite fighters who lack historical perspective due to the young age of the division.

In an alternate universe, where the division had been around for ten years, and DJ had beaten a champion (let's say it was Ian McCall) to get his belt, and then a former 125 champion (let's say it was Benavidez for his second defense), even though McCall/Benavides were the exact same fighters that DJ beat IRL, those wins would be viewed as much more significant by you and DJ's other detractors.

Cejudo, Dodson, Horugichi, Benavidez, and Ian McCall are all elite fighters who lack historical perspective due to the young age of the division.

In an alternate universe, where the division had been around for ten years, and DJ had beaten a champion (let's say it was Ian McCall) to get his belt, and then a former 125 champion (let's say it was Benavidez for his second defense), even though McCall/Benavides were the exact same fighters that DJ beat IRL, those wins would be viewed as much more significant by you and DJ's other detractors.
    Cejudo is not an elite fighter lol. He's a freestyle wrestler with medicore standup and 0 impressive wins (and two losses against his only contact with the 'elite'). Even Mccall is highly dubious.

Originally Posted by Millington View Post
    Cejudo is not an elite fighter lol. He's a freestyle wrestler with medicore standup and 0 impressive wins (and two losses against his only contact with the 'elite'). Even Mccall is highly dubious.
    We just have different definitions of elite.

What does elite mean to you with respect to MMA? Only the top two people on earth in that weight class? If that's what you mean, I can respect that.

It's just not what I'm referring to when I use the word elite.

Registered Superhero TheJizzler's Avatar
    TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DFS200 View Post
    Professional fighters are manchildren who turned a typically non-viable career path into a semi-viable career path. Stop selling the rags to riches, blue collar story on every countdown and TUF show.

Best example of this is propping Conor McGregor up for coming from welfare to the UFC. Drawing welfare so you can practice your hobby full time is not an inspiring story.

Also the "for my family" TUF contestants. Get a real job on the side at least ffs.

Everybody who trains at a gym that grooms professional fighters knows that for every success story there are 100 unemployed manchildren burdening their family with their professional hobby. Mighty Mouse spends his entire day training martial arts and playing video games to make money, there is little to no aspect of his life with which the average person can relate, so why constantly sell us on his relatability?

This

Seems like every Countdown episode tries to make the fighters seem like down-to-earth family men. Becoming world-class at anything entails a laser-like focus, selfishness and a lot of sacrifice

On a similar note, I hate when fighters consistently try to tough it out when they're overmatched. Frankie Edgar pissed me off in a lot of his losing fights against bigger/better guys. Everyone loved his heart and 'Jersey Tough' schtick, but all I saw was a guy sustaining multiple unnecessary concussions on his way to a clear decision loss. There's a big chance that their families will pick up the tab when the fighter loses his faculties 20 years early and they have to be on-hand to spoon-feed him banana mush for the rest of his life. Watching JDS get murdered by Cain was tough, too
    Last edited by TheJizzler; 04-23-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Besides hating Ronda Rousey my opinion is that pro wrestling should get more respect, and it's not as far unrelated to MMA as many would like to think. If not for it, MMA would not exist the way it is currently. That statement might be unpopular?

We just have different definitions of elite.

What does elite mean to you with respect to MMA? Only the top two people on earth in that weight class? If that's what you mean, I can respect that.

It's just not what I'm referring to when I use the word elite.
    My understanding is that you aren't just saying Cejudo, Mccall, Benavidez form the 'elite' at 125 lbs -- a pretty uncontroversial statement. You seem to be suggesting that the only thing that prevents us from making favourable comparisons between them and Condit, Shields, Hendricks-with-his-medicine, etc. is a lack of historical perspective. I'm saying that in my view, Mccall and Cejudo cannot be reasonably compared to the above because they are too flawed to merit that comparison (and therefore the term 'elite' within this context is undeserved).

Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Besides hating Ronda Rousey my opinion is that pro wrestling should get more respect, and it's not as far unrelated to MMA as many would like to think. If not for it, MMA would not exist the way it is currently. That statement might be unpopular?
    negged