OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)

In Need Of A Slow Digesting Protein Supplement or Meal Replacement or Weight Gainer

Hi everyone. It has been quite a long time since the last time I posted here. I no longer go to the gym to do bodybuilding since a few years as I have a sort of s****osis and I suffer from spinal instability. As the title says, I am looking for shake that will stay longer in the stomach, that is that will keep it 'full' longer. Some of you might wonder why I need it since I no longer do bodybuilding as such? I suffer from other things due to this spinal deformation I have. I find myself in situations where I need to have something in my stomach - like proteins and some carbs, else I suffer from irritation due to 'digestive hyperactivity', which include stomach burning and other symptoms. In certain situations, it will be inconvenient to eat solid food such as bread, meat, and so on. So, I am looking for a shake. Some of you might tell me to see a doctor and so on, but I have been living with many issues for years; I have seen doctors for many of them, and nothing as such has solved them.

What I am looking for: something that will stay longer in the stomach - it could be a protein blend (probably consisting of casein as major protein instead of whey isolate or concentrates), a meal replacement or a weight gainer.

What I don't want for this particular issue: something like Optimum Whey Gold Standard and even MusclePharm Combat Powder (despite it being a so-called blend) that will only calm the irritation and the need for food intake for a few minutes.

Any suggestions?

showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're wanting a slow digesting protein then casein will be your way to go. Look into dymatize's casein protein powder. I've seen good reviews on it and the taste has positive feedback as well.

RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you can mix any protein with milk and make it a "blend"

milk is 80% casein and 20% whey

could also add fats like peanut butter or olive oil to slow digestion even further
    NSCA CSCS
    ACSM EP-C

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have plenty of options available for a blended protein.
    -BPI Whey-HD is currently 2 for $40 - Strawberry Cake and Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar are phenominal!
    -PES Select
    -Cutler Total Protein
    -BSN Syntha 6
    -XF UP 2.0
    -Controlled Labs Promore
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can't work out because of s****osis? I'm not going to presume that I know your medical history, the severity of the s****osis, whether it's structural or functional, or a million other variables, but in general, exercise is a good thing for back pain. You said you've seen doctors, but sometimes it's a matter of finding the right doctor.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If I wanted a slow digesting protein powder, I would get Optimum 100% Casein in cookies n cream and mix it with whole milk.

BTW: Check out Lamar Gant.

BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RVAPump View Post

could also add fats like peanut butter or olive oil to slow digestion even further

^^^This...
    but if you are looking for something you can mix and go, I've had great success with the ProJYM, Dymatize XT(?), and Labrada Lean Body MRP.
    Dad
    Poolboy
    Volunteer Firefighter
    Swole enough to be dangerous

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BPI Sports Whey HD is a slower digesting protein and it's currently> 2 for $40 (2lb tubs) & 2 for $70 (5lb tubs)

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/b...s/whey-hd.html
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    You can't work out because of s****osis? I'm not going to presume that I know your medical history, the severity of the s****osis, whether it's structural or functional, or a million other variables, but in general, exercise is a good thing for back pain. You said you've seen doctors, but sometimes it's a matter of finding the right doctor.

My case is different. I don't have the right lordorsis (inwards curve) and kyphosis (outwards curves) at the right place, but it does a sort of sideways lordosis and kyphosis (both on the same side; no S shape as such). This affect the mechanical functioning of the body, and doing certain things forces the spine inwards, that is, the side bend becomes the lordosis (inwards bend) because the body tends to do the lordosis and kyphosis at the right places. But then, what you think happens at the top, that is in the neck area? It pulls the neck out and down, my neck 'uncoils', goes straight and my body starts to go through a sort of fight and flight situation, strong muscle spams start so as to bring that neck back up. Then, there is another thing: due to those spams or due to that deformation and instability, or even both, the neck is forced upwards and coils the other way. The whole case itself is very complicated. I got the instability when my spine, including neck got pulled out of place and many stabilisation muscles on one side stayed 'dead 'for quite a long time. I could not even sit without the neck being 'dislocated' in the past few years. Now, the spine has stabilised more, so I can do certain things. With time, more stabilisation will occur. It has been 5 years now since this significant stabilisation weakness. 5 years took me to able able have enough stability to do certain things. I stayed in bed a lot of time. I had to give up two university courses (medicine and then later, chemistry). There is nothing much doctors can do here because, first they did not see the main problems or causes (and many won't still see by themselves unless I tell them). They never really identified the main problems in the past. I find it out by myself with experience, observations and research. While myself, I am not a fully qualified, licensed doctor, I can tell that what could have been done way back (years ago) was to fix rods to stabilise that spine since muscles were dead and there was nothing much holding the spine. The thing is I have been grown up with defects, including lack of certain ligaments and a shoulder out place. This is what has caused that abnormal spine shape (it is not like the common types of s****osis). This too was never identified in the early stages (adolescence and even before). Now, it is too late as such.

Now, speaking of physical activity, I do things that can be done without causing this undesirable thing as described as above as neck uncoiling and pulling downor neck overcoiling and pushing up. Still, sometimes the neck uncoils or overcoils a bit, hence moviing up or down (can be classified as subluxations) and sometimes even more, despite being on a limited range of activity. Now, I am just giving it more time to stabilise more (it took 5 years to stabilise to the point that I can do certain things better now; it may take a few months or years more to stabilise significantly, where there will be little to no neck pulling down and uncoiling or pushing up and overcoiling). The stabilisation has been accelerated in the past few months as some previously dead or wevy weak stabilisation muscles have started to work and have got stronger. Or, I can opt for surgery, but there are the risks and there is the cost.
    Last edited by OptimumBody; 04-19-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks For The Suggestions

Originally Posted by showjo1josh View Post
    If you're wanting a slow digesting protein then casein will be your way to go. Look into dymatize's casein protein powder. I've seen good reviews on it and the taste has positive feedback as well.
    Originally Posted by RVAPump View Post

Originally Posted by Misctake7 View Post
    You have plenty of options available for a blended protein.
    -BPI Whey-HD is currently 2 for $40 - Strawberry Cake and Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar are phenominal!
    -PES Select
    -Cutler Total Protein
    -BSN Syntha 6
    -XF UP 2.0
    -Controlled Labs Promore
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    If I wanted a slow digesting protein powder, I would get Optimum 100% Casein in cookies n cream and mix it with whole milk.

BTW: Check out Lamar Gant.
    Originally Posted by BigDaddyBrose View Post
    ^^^This...
    but if you are looking for something you can mix and go, I've had great success with the ProJYM, Dymatize XT(?), and Labrada Lean Body MRP.
    Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    BPI Sports Whey HD is a slower digesting protein and it's currently> 2 for $40 (2lb tubs) & 2 for $70 (5lb tubs)

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/b...s/whey-hd.html
    Thanks for your time and suggestions.