wassupwassup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Plateaued for half a year, still a novice

High bar 155 5rm
    Bench 135 5rm
    Dl 235 5rm
    Press 100 5rm
    All numbers are in lbs
    Im 175 lbs 5'5 ft, 20-30 bf %, what should i do???

jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wassupwassup View Post
    High bar 155 5rm
    Bench 135 5rm
    Dl 235 5rm
    Press 100 5rm
    All numbers are in lbs
    List your exact routine and diet if you want detailed answer give detailed information

eldudderino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I plateaued like that for a while lol eat right and do like a 5x5 bro

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    High bar 155 5rm
    Bench 135 5rm
    Dl 235 5rm
    Press 100 5rm
    All numbers are in lbs
    Pretty sure it can be easily narrowed down to nutrition, programming and not performing the lifts properly. You need to post more information to get proper help.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

Srry i just woke up, slept in so couldnt reply fast
    heres my routine.
    I alternate A and B workouts, three workouts a week
    A
    5x5 hb squats
    5x5 bench press
    5x5 bb rows
    3x10 bb shrugs

B
    5x5 squats
    5x5 press
    1x5 deadlift
    5x5 bb rows but lighter weight since my lower back is fatigued at this point

So the thing about my diet, is its untracked and i skip some meals its a bad habit.

However i remeber doing like a flash bulk/ dirty bulk during the end of last summer where i gained a ton of fat but my lifts staggered really quick as well, if i am to bulk how would u recommend i do so since i clearly suck at it lol. Im 18 yrs btw. Thanks in advance.

_Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So the thing about my diet, is its untracked and i skip some meals its a bad habit.
    I'm pretty sure your answer lies in your diet. If you don't track anything and miss meals, that will definitely hurt your progress. Do your best to read up on the nutrition section here. It offers a great deal of information. I wouldn't necessarily say you HAVE to track your diet. But in the very least, be consistent with it; try to eat the same foods, the same amounts, and not miss meals. That way, if you stall, you can adjust from there.
    Best Meet Lifts:
    SQ: 460 (sleeves)
    BP: 350
    DL: 510
    Total: 1300 (242 wrapped)

"I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death"

www.animalpak.com

jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Srry i just woke up, slept in so couldnt reply fast
    heres my routine.
    I alternate A and B workouts, three workouts a week
    A
    5x5 hb squats
    5x5 bench press
    5x5 bb rows
    3x10 bb shrugs

B
    5x5 squats
    5x5 press
    1x5 deadlift
    5x5 bb rows but lighter weight since my lower back is fatigued at this point

However i remeber doing like a flash bulk/ dirty bulk during the end of last summer where i gained a ton of fat but my lifts staggered really quick as well, if i am to bulk how would u recommend i do so since i clearly suck at it lol. Im 18 yrs btw. Thanks in advance.
    that's just a routine, it's not programming. A program will tell you what weights to use from week to week.
    Given that you're already fairly heavy for your size you're probably eating enough. But consistency would help. My advice is find a proper strength training program, there's plenty of choice out there. Starting strength, 5/3/1 etc.

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Nutrition is your problem. The post above is good advice—check out the Nutrition Forum and have a read around there. Nutrition is arguably the most important factor, and having no approach why many people fail to make progress in this sport. I would expect someone who has a plan of at least eating in a calorie surplus with a decent amount of protein (1g per lb) to make progress even if they aren't following a proper strength program.

The reason why your last bulk failed is because you over-ate, and perhaps (most likely) didn't eat with the right amount of macros (carbs, fat, and protein). Your body only needs so much calories per day, and you want to eat just slightly above what your body needs to put on mass. Eating way above that number will lead to excess fat gain. If you aren't able to put your body in a surplus, which is probably what you're experiencing now, your lifts are most likely going to stagnate. You might build some strength or get better at the lifts here and there, but overall, it's tough to make progress without being in a calorie surplus. Flash bulking, as you witnessed first-hand, is never a good idea. You can't do these things overnight or in a short time frame naturally. Maintain a slight surplus and aim to put on 0.5 - 1 lb of muscle a week. Your weight might initially spike up during the first few weeks because of increased carbs and water retention.

Once you have some more mass, you can start thinking about cutting, but it's a lot easier to cut once you have a decent amount of mass on you.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

Alright, thanks everybody I'm going to take everyone's advice & start getting my nutrition down.

18 year old novices shouldn't be plateauing even on crappy diets. Check your training too.