switcha0121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

4 day split any good for putting mass on

Just want some opinions on this 4 day split for putting mass on along side a good diet.

Monday, chest/tris;
    Incline dumbell bench
    Flat dumbell bench
    decline dumbell bench
    hammer strength bench
    incline flys
    cable crossover
    Overhead extension
    cable push down
    reverse grip pushdown
    Cable kickback

Tuesday back/biceps
    seated row
    Bent over row
    one arm row
    Rack chins
    close grip pulldown
    later pulldown
    ez bar curl
    hammer curl
    seated dumbell curl
    spider curls

Wednesday Thursday off

Friday legs
    Barbell squat
    Barbell lunge
    leg press
    leg extension
    leg curl
    deadlifts

Saturday shoulders calfs
    overhead press
    seated dumbell press
    Arnold press
    side lateral raise
    front lateral raise
    upright row
    shrugs
    seated calf raise
    standing calf raise

all excesizes 3 sets 6-8 reps i struggle to grow chest so always add a few extra, opinions please

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your doing to much cut it down to one or two basic exercises.
    Sets can be around 5 with reps anywhere from 6-12 depending on what your working.
    Record each training session in a training log.
    Give your workout an honest 8 weeks and observe how it is working for you.
    Change it up if it isn't.
    Get plenty of protein and rest.

Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hawksmere666 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bench one day, squat two days after and do deadlifts two days after that.....do a little other excersizes to compliment the three. Lift heavy and eat a lot, increase protein and carbs too.

You are doing too much of everything and anything when you'll better focusing on the main lifts and a few others to help smaller muscle groups

Originally Posted by switcha0121 View Post
    Just want some opinions on this 4 day split for putting mass on along side a good diet.

Monday, chest/tris;
    Incline dumbell bench
    Flat dumbell bench
    decline dumbell bench
    hammer strength bench
    incline flys
    cable crossover
    Overhead extension
    cable push down
    reverse grip pushdown
    Cable kickback

Tuesday back/biceps
    seated row
    Bent over row
    one arm row
    Rack chins
    close grip pulldown
    later pulldown
    ez bar curl
    hammer curl
    seated dumbell curl
    spider curls

Wednesday Thursday off

Friday legs
    Barbell squat
    Barbell lunge
    leg press
    leg extension
    leg curl
    deadlifts

Saturday shoulders calfs
    overhead press
    seated dumbell press
    Arnold press
    side lateral raise
    front lateral raise
    upright row
    shrugs
    seated calf raise
    standing calf raise

all excesizes 3 sets 6-8 reps i struggle to grow chest so always add a few extra, opinions please

Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd read this, rewrite and come back. Unless you want to get on a pre-written routine of course (look at the stickies).

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=166216941
    "Listen, I want you to come down here and go dancing with me and we'll have fun together. You know you like The Spaniard, you know you like The Sith Lord, you know that. Hello? You're blushing, I know you're into The Sith Lord, I know it! Hello? Hello? Helloooo? Aww I lost connection."

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    An upper/lower split is a better template for a 4 day split. For example:

Day 1: Upper (Heavy)
    Day 2: Lower (Heavy)
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Upper (Light/Medium)
    Day 5: Lower (Light/Medium)

Shoulders and calves do not need their own day. In my opinion, front raises and upright rows are also redundant because there's plenty of other exercises already targeting the front delt.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000) calvilloIsGod is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not one to judge other routines, because I like to do the kind of volume/frequency/split that I like, and I think the optimal vs suboptimal debate is overrated.

Though three things I'd be careful with here is:

- I think you definitely should put more emphasis on rear delts. Face pulls, rear delt flies... name it, but do more of these exercises.
    - The volume ratio for Triceps/Biceps compared to the bigger muscle groups seem a bit overwhelming.
    - Do you really need that many overhead presses variations on your shoulder day? In addition to all the bench pressing exercises you`re performing?

These are the only critics I would have here. Otherwise do as you please. Just prepare to read comments on how "OMGZ A BRO SPLIT IS SUBOPTIMAL", which as I said, is totally bogus if you're in this for the long run and are ready to be consistent.

Another thing I saw is the amount of exercises that involve internal rotation of the shoulder (13) vs the amount that do the opposite, external rotation (7). You might want to adjust the variables so the number of sets are pretty much equal between those two to minimize the chances of overworking your ac joint/having shoulder injuries, but it's really you who know best about your limits and I think the ones who suggest to go for a 2:1 pullush balance are exagerrating a lot. Nobody does that in your gyms and not everybody has shoulder issues.