Page 132 of 187 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 5593
    skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What tires are you guys running on your road bikes?

My new Caad12 came with Schwalbe Lugano tires which suck. 25mm

On my hybrid I put a 32 mm Gatorskin in the front and 32 mm Grand Prix All Season in the rear. For a heavy bike it moves well and no flats.

Was thinking about replacing the Luganos with a pair of Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II.

Any feedback?

Buy high, sell higher. HMFIC_BROWSIN's Avatar
    HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by skier! View Post
    What tires are you guys running on your road bikes?

My new Caad12 came with Schwalbe Lugano tires which suck. 25mm

On my hybrid I put a 32 mm Gatorskin in the front and 32 mm Grand Prix All Season in the rear. For a heavy bike it moves well and no flats.

Was thinking about replacing the Luganos with a pair of Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II.

Any feedback?
    Live in AZ so need flat protection as the #1 priority.

Gatorhardshell in the back, gatorskin front. 23mm.

This gatorhardshell has been mind blowingly good. I had 1 puncture with it so far (metal shard). The wear on it is very minimal too.

Edit: Bronson arrived today. Waiting on the fork/headset before i start the build.
    Spoiler alert; you die at the end.

Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Road 6 miles yesterday and I was gassed. Definitely out of shape but had a blast getting back on a bike. Did you guys upgrade your seats over the stock one? My butt is like numb from the seat
    GSD/corgi owner crew

Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's only been 2 years with my current bike, basically to the month. I really want a new bike however with disc brakes given the wet and hilly conditions in my area. Also would like to get electronic shifting (with the junction box hidden away, tubeless tires/wheels. Lastly my frame is too small for me and when I turn my wheel it ends up hitting my foot which means absolutely no track stands. A few times I have had to unclip and nearly crashed because of this issue.

Any thoughts or tips for a new bike? I'm currently leaning towards a Giant TCR. Issue is that I wish I could get a 2018 model but that was still ultegra 8050 which has the junction box external to the frame which I know would end up bothering me especially as it would be a brand new bike. So that would mean going to 2019 which is expensive as hell =|. I also want a black bike ideally but that isnt really an option with the TCR. They have one this year but the seatpost is fixed and I do not want a fixed seatpost

overall. My dream bike is the S works venge tied with the BMC timemachine road 01. Buuut obviously those are way the hell out of my price range. I just want a solid all around bike that's fairly light. I do all kinds of riding so I just want an all around bike. I feel the TCR fits that description fairly well.

Thoughts, tips, suggestions? Anyway to find a 2019 model for cheaper?

*edit- the 2019 defy advanced pro 0 actually looks like a really good option.

Pros:
    - i really like the color scheme. 9/10 for me personal preference
    - integrated cables
    - 50/34 11-34 (I currently use 50/34 11-32 which works well for me. 34 would likely be 1 step more than I need but that's a minor issue)
    - 28mm tires. probably a plus?
    - tubeless tires
    - 8070 di2

cons:
    - huge ugly ass stem
    - possibly too relaxed of a position. Although slammed I don't think it'll be too different than a tcr
    - shallow wheels

Last edited by Num3n; 10-28-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then what deafness may we not all possess? ~ Dune

We need a new ideology with the core values of reason, honesty, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and dogmatic faith that have long defined humanity. We will never be free to progress and advance until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest. And every equivalent.

HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Went out for the OFFICIAL last ride on my old bike.

switched back to no-backpack style riding because it's not as hot anymore.

first lap did flat smooth singletrack for 14 miles.

second lap I was going up some tough chunky trail and felt a very WEIRD feeling in my cranks on one big pedal I tried to do up a rock, felt like the freewheel grabbed nothing. I continued on and all seemed well. On another steep section, I noticed it again.... then I investigated and discovered my old hub was toast.

I don't know what it's called (I call it "stripped") but the hub basically doesn't work when I pedal anymore, it just spins without bringing the tire with it lol.

Luckily my brand new HOPE PRO 4 hubs are ready to be installed on my new frame. I'm about to start disassembling the old bike right now.

Can't wait for my new fukin build!!!!!! So happy.

Originally Posted by Blueblob View Post
    Road 6 miles yesterday and I was gassed. Definitely out of shape but had a blast getting back on a bike. Did you guys upgrade your seats over the stock one? My butt is like numb from the seat
    yes, measure your sit bones, then figure out what to buy after that.
    https://youtu.be/E7j9LUVJrjA

Originally Posted by Num3n View Post
    It's only been 2 years with my current bike, basically to the month. I really want a new bike however with disc brakes and electronic shifting (with the junction box hidden away). I also want tubeless tires/wheels. My frame is too small for me and when I turn my wheel it can end up hitting my foot which means absolutely no track stands. Lastly... My bike is too heavy, it feels like a tank despite being carbon.

Any thoughts or tips for a new bike? I'm currently leaning towards a Giant TCR. Issue is that I wish I could get a 2018 model but that was still ultegra 8050 which has the junction box external to the frame which I know would end up bothering me especially as it would be a brand new bike. So that would mean going to 2019 which is expensive as hell =|. Thoughts, tips, suggestions?
    what are you riding now?

Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HMFIC_BROWSIN View Post

what are you riding now?

2015 ridley noah. frame size is xs and I'm 5'9. I got it partially so that I could more easily get into an aero position for ironman, basically using it for both road and ironman. I'm done with triathlon now though and don't really have a desire to do another one. The weight itself isn't too bad with all things as is, bottle cages, pedals, garmin mount, etc, at 18.2 pounds
    Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then what deafness may we not all possess? ~ Dune

We need a new ideology with the core values of reason, honesty, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and dogmatic faith that have long defined humanity. We will never be free to progress and advance until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest. And every equivalent.

Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

2015 ridley noah. frame size is xs and I'm 5'9. I got it partially so that I could more easily get into an aero position for ironman, basically using it for both road and ironman. I'm done with triathlon now though and don't really have a desire to do another one. The weight itself isn't too bad with all things as is, bottle cages, pedals, garmin mount, etc, at 18.2 pounds
    we're trying to get rid of a 2017 trek concept 7 at the shop. its been sitting there for awhile. ur a beast for doing tri's

well boyo's. tomorrow my rear wheel comes in. i got a nice deal on a bontrager rear wheel. its dope bcuz i can add 3 more pawls into to improve the engagement. very excited to finally have a solid rear wheel. will post pics when i get it
    be the turtle in the race.

If anyone's interested in my old 30.9mm/150mm dropper post (giant contact SL), I'll sell it to a miscer for $50+shipping. I paid $330. It works perfectly, and literally has never given me a single problem. New frame is 31.6mm so it won't work (FUKKKKK)

Has blemishes/wear. I can include the stock remote, but it sucks balls lol.

Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If anyone's interested in my old 30.9mm/150mm dropper post (giant contact SL), I'll sell it to a miscer for $50+shipping. I paid $330. It works perfectly, and literally has never given me a single problem. New frame is 31.6mm so it won't work (FUKKKKK)

Has blemishes/wear. I can include the stock remote, but it sucks balls lol.
    Just get a spacer so it fits.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Problem-So...-Shim-Fits-309
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ

Originally Posted by Carloswithac View Post
    Oh chit!

Well boyos, here it is. Still needs a new rear brake cable, gears adjusted, and the dropper post installation.

Took a long fukin time lol. De-lacing wheels and re-lacing new hubs was the worst part.

Rolling around the neighborhood it feels soooooo soft. Holy chit. Rolling up sharp curbs while seated is a new reality for me lol.

I thought the rear suspension would completely reset my learning curve to zero for manualing but within 6 tries I was doing them indefinitely with the shock in the open setting.

Before:

After (almost done):

^^^^ HNNNNNG so jelly. I want something like that where I can do downhill and a reasonable amount of uphill as well. Loads and loads of world class trails in my area

Originally Posted by Cadet4life View Post
    we're trying to get rid of a 2017 trek concept 7 at the shop. its been sitting there for awhile. ur a beast for doing tri's

well boyo's. tomorrow my rear wheel comes in. i got a nice deal on a bontrager rear wheel. its dope bcuz i can add 3 more pawls into to improve the engagement. very excited to finally have a solid rear wheel. will post pics when i get it
    I want a TT bike really badly but can't justify the cost before I first get myself setup with a road bike that fits me properly. I absolutely love cycling. Especially the adventure rides which is why I think the defy might be a better fit for me because it can take on wider tires.

^^^^ HNNNNNG so jelly. I want something like that where I can do downhill and a reasonable amount of uphill as well. Loads and loads of world class trails in my area.
    You're in BC and don't own a mountain bike? U WOT????

Ok, first ride is done on the new bike. Maybe I'm not a good person to write a review on this bike because all I've ridden before this is hardtails. This beast EATS UP literally everything I threw at it.

after a few minutes I started aiming for the worst rocky lines and it just glided over the chit so well it felt like it wasnt even real. absolutely mind blowing. I set a fuk ton of PR's on segments I wasn't even pushing myself. Obviously the downhill stuff was lightening fast compared to how I've ever been able to ride them in the past.

Climbing - full sus climbing is EASIER than on the hardtail simply because you can SIT DOWN and pedal in granny gear for long enduring/techy climbs. One steep climb I've only ever cleared 1 other time on my hardtail I cleared today without problems. The reason is because leading up to the steep part, theres a very long mellow climb. conserving energy while seated in the long mellow part allowed me to tap into those reserves for the tough spot.

one of the shock linkage bolts came loose during my first 10 miles where I was riding flatter trails. because it was the first ever ride on this bike, I kept stopping and checking the bike for this exact issue, and sure enough!

My right crank arm also rubs the chainstay protector under flex so maybe I need another crank spindle spacer or something on that side? It barely clears the chainstay when not under flex and now there's obvious scuffs on the pastic protector where the crank arm passes it. The non-drive side has a lot of clearance, it only is very close on the drive-side

Rode new MTB today. Set 8 descending PRs, yessssss!

Absolutely crushed some old times. Conquered 3 technical climb sprints which i hadnt been able to do in the past because theyre too bumpy. Rear suspension chewed them up!

My climbing was so bad. 8,000 ft elevation has no oxygen. Just drinking water makes me winded.

I got an old gopro from a friend for free because he got the newest one. I just need a chest mount and then i can upload some trail rides for y'all.

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Absolutely crushed some old times. Conquered 3 technical climb sprints which i hadnt been able to do in the past because theyre too bumpy. Rear suspension chewed them up!

My climbing was so bad. 8,000 ft elevation has no oxygen. Just drinking water makes me winded.

I got an old gopro from a friend for free because he got the newest one. I just need a chest mount and then i can upload some trail rides for y'all.
    Helmet mount can be pretty sweet too. Just make sure however you do it the camera is somewhat insulated from the bumps. I put my gopro on the visor of my helmet and ho le fuk it flopped around and was jarred every little bump I came across. The black diamond trail I did that was a rock garden is unwatchable because it bounces and shakes the entire time you can't even tell what is happening.

I knew you'd love the full suspension. Feels good being able to sit whilst biking up steeper stuff, but I do hate not being able to stand to push on the very steepest parts. But definitely a life saver on the bumps down and especially when you don't clear the double jumps
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"

In search of truth SkepticalOne's Avatar
    SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maiden voyage for new winter bike: Trek Checkpoint ALR4 - Tiagra 10-sp with Shimano Hydraulic Disc.

Planning to put these on once the snow flies:

Originally Posted by SkepticalOne View Post
    Planning to put these on once the snow flies:

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1962/45729865671_6b0c24bfa5_k.jpg[/ig]
    Eek! That should feel interesting...

Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SkepticalOne View Post
    Maiden voyage for new winter bike: Trek Checkpoint ALR4 - Tiagra 10-sp with Shimano Hydraulic Disc.
    You better be getting into CX with that bike.

Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Idioteque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ordered a 11-36 SRAM Casssette and plan to put on the cluch Shimano RX800 rear derailuer for my CX Bike. I don't need the extra gearing for CX, I need it for towing my 2 yr old up and down hills. The 11-32 wasn't cutting it. Was pushing 300+ watts on 8% grades at 45 rpm (>4 w/kg) Killer.

Hopefully, it will get me to 200 watts on the same climbs with a faster cadence.

The RX800 is designed up to 11-34 but pretty sure it can clear 11-36 no problem, we will see.

You're in BC and don't own a mountain bike? U WOT????
    i know lmao. I used to but sold it quite a few years ago

Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm a chain and wheelset away from a full bike! Got the brakes in today. I have a saddle that I haven't installed.
    Attached Images

I'm a chain and wheelset away from a full bike! Got the brakes in today. I have a saddle that I haven't installed.
    Nice!

I'm obsessed with my new Bronson. Took it down some literal rock trail staircases (for hikers) no problem. I'm going to session more alternate routes on that trail next time. The alternate shortcut I took today was a vertical boulder wall you ride down to bypass the switchback there. HNNNG!!!!! Made a few saves today on near-crashes and practiced my 180 endos on tight turns (actually a pretty easy skill to adopt I found)

Sent a drop and landed in manual to the amazement of a few spectating hikers lmao! I love showing off for the hikercels.

Das it. Weather here is 11/10 all winter. If any of you snowcels are here this winter and have your shredder bike with you, hit me up and I'll lead you down some SICK trails.

My right crank arm also rubs the chainstay protector under flex so maybe I need another crank spindle spacer or something on that side? It barely clears the chainstay when not under flex and now there's obvious scuffs on the pastic protector where the crank arm passes it. The non-drive side has a lot of clearance, it only is very close on the drive-side
    I just ordered some SRAM X01 gxp cranks to hopefully solve this problem. Good thing, cuz the NX stamp on my current cranks was getting embarrassing.

From today. Absolutely perfect outside. Hugh Myron X01 cranks? No more beta cuck NX cranks lmao.

If only my Westie wasn't old and lazy now. 😂

skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was told these wheels are great. Anyone have any experience with them?

https://www.enve.com/product-category/wheels/

faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Some kind of helmet/head mount would be better IMO. I did half my continental divide ride with a chest mount and the video kinda sucks for two reasons:

- Chest doesn't stop vibration as well as the head (bc of neck)
    - It's more interesting to follow your eyes than be stuck filming one angle

My best videos were shot holding the damn thing in my hand actually... but that's a safety hazard lol. Holding a GoPro while descending a mountain pass at almost 60 mph = butthole puckers up the size of a decimal point.
    Last edited by faxanadu; 11-20-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    "There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle." -Gym Jones
    "The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts." - Marcus Aurelius

?start=(#seconds)

TAMU Corps
    Skydiving
    Great Divide Mountain Bike Route (Jasper AB to Juarez MX) 2014
    Appalachian Trail 2013

Originally Posted by skier! View Post
    I was told these wheels are great. Anyone have any experience with them?

https://www.enve.com/product-category/wheels/
    Never heard of them...

Great wheels, regarded in industry as the gold standard.

Check out HED for something a bit cheaper but still top notch.

Finished mybudget spare parts build yesterday.

Ended up weighing just under 24 lbs with heavy wheels. It climbs really well!

I plan on buying a carbon wheelset next season.

Finished mybudget spare parts build yesterday.

[ig]https://preview.ibb.co/iscB4q/IMG-20181122-075859.jpg[/img]

[ig]https://preview.ibb.co/jGiUqV/IMG-20181122-071830.jpg[/img]

Ended up weighing just under 24 lbs with heavy wheels. It climbs really well!

I plan on buying a carbon wheelset next season.
    Nice! Really light.

I'm looking at e*thirteen carbon rims myself. Decent budget carbon rims, 388g @ 28mm inner width, HNG! Looking at rotational weight upgrades has me realizing I can knock another 1.5 pounds off my current wheelset. My cassette alone can lose 8 oz easily!

Just ordered the cheapest 53t Shimano chainring I could find for my commuter road bike. Old chainring has probably 10,000-15,000 miles on it and is visually worn out bad. Also got a cheapo bike computer for it to log total miles. I don't use Strava for commutes, so this device will at least show how many miles I rack up every month in the winter riding everywhere (work, store, etc). Current work commute is 13 miles round trip, and I'm doing that 5x/week. I drive too, but designate "no car days" for myself so I don't get lazy. The winter here is way too nice to be sitting in traffic all fuking day.

While cycling on the pedestrian canal path, when you look up on the bridge and see gridlocked traffic you can't help but smile.