Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    After much deliberation and no small input from you Panatta enthusiasts I'm about to order 4 machines, three of which are on the BOTB list.

The Free Weight Deltoid, Vertical Chest and High Row, one other piece, not on the list, the Free Weight Power Squat, I know the Power Squat Pro is most favoured, but here in Europe, the exchange rate and shipping costs put it out of reach, besides Panatta are offering a pretty sweet deal on their Free Weight line at the moment.

Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ranman1482 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Panatta Horizontal Leg Press 1SC085. My back acts up and does not like the upright seated presses and I am looking for an alternative where I would be laid back and flat like a hack. More like a horizontal leg sled.
    Last time I used it was over six years ago, and my experience with similar leg-presses is limited, but I still lust over that one.
    I remember it was an incredibly fluid motion. It had 200kg stack, but the resistance is significant at as little as 40kg.
    It's the machine that I pester local gym owner to sell me to no avail.

RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Many of the Panatta Free Weight can be made bolt-able these days, so you can disassemble and reassemble just fine.

I'm sure you can have almost any of the machines shipped in a disassembled state.

The vertical chest machines is actually one of the biggest free weight machines.

I love all of the Panatta chest machines, but look at what I own and the cost no object list if you want to see which ones I picked as best of the best....

Yes that Deltoid press is just unreal!!!! Wait until you see the new free weight deltoid ..... just unreal... I'll see if the photos are out yet.
    Is there going to be a new free weight deltoid press? Just got super incline, decline, and deltoid and I am in love with them. Next up I'm going to get some back machines from them. I'm thinking high row and the super row. How do you feel about the prime seated row, I've seen a lot of people praise it but I know its not on your list so curious to hear why not.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RF2727 View Post
    Is there going to be a new free weight deltoid press? Just got super incline, decline, and deltoid and I am in love with them. Next up I'm going to get some back machines from them. I'm thinking high row and the super row. How do you feel about the prime seated row, I've seen a lot of people praise it but I know its not on your list so curious to hear why not.
    Our 40 ft container supposedly came in Saturday, checking now.

I demoed the new prototype of the free weight deltoid press, and it was absolutely revolutionaty. There is nothing left you could ever want from a detpid press with that new prototype. You will see. I don't want to talk about it until I know it is released. Let me check on it.....

For.pulldown, I would ask you to buy the new Monolith selectorized pulldown. You could but the plate loaded pull down as well.

For row, my top 2 are the avenger row, and old school cybex plate loaded....
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I demoed the new prototype of the free weight deltoid press, and it was absolutely revolutionaty. There is nothing left you could ever want from a detpid press with that new prototype. You will see. I don't want to talk about it until I know it is released. Let me check on it.....

For.pulldown, I would ask you to buy the new Monolith selectorized pulldown. You could but the plate loaded pull down as well.

I believe Panatta are back today, after the August break, I'm waiting for a production/delivery date for my Free Weight Deltoid Press, Vertical chest, High Row and Power Squat, hopefully I'll get an update in the next day or so.

I know the Leg Press Bridge is very well regarded, Chris, have you tried any of the Panatta selectorised leg presses?, the adjustable carriage looks interesting.
    Last edited by gym62richard; 08-24-2020 at 07:55 AM.

RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RF2727 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Oh man I just got the deltoid, everyone at my gym loves it, not sure how they could make it THAT much better but I guess we'll see. Whenever you can give us more info please do! Do you know of any other machines that are planning on being updated by Panatta? I want to order a lot more but don't want to get too many that will be soon updated.

minhiub is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am thinking to place an order with Panatta. But as some of you already mentioned, no company can make the best products in every category. Therefore, I would like to ask if there is any machine from Atlantis, Arsenal or Watson that can be superior to that of Panatta. If there is, please give me some recommendations.

Kindly talk about the new machines if possible because I cannot get my hand on Nebula or old Hammer Strength machines from where I live.

Thank you so much.

Wow the new deltoid press is very intriguing to hear about. Perhaps I should wait for it then 😁.

If you can have about 10 machines from Panatta, can you please give the list of the absolute must-haves?

Got my production/shipping dates from Panatta today, they're supposed to ship on 23 October, about 4 days in transit, so I hope to get my equipment before the end of October.

Has anyone tried the new Panatta plate loaded seated leg curl machine? The 1FW183

I need a good seated leg curl.

I wonder if anyone had heard or tried RawMotiveWorks’ equipment? They have some interested machines and are used by some top gyms such as dmv.

potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @HealthNutMD RE: Hurricane - despite reading your various negative impressions of the hurricane, (which I thank you for because there just aren’t many impressions out there), and despite waiting for a used one to come up for years, I decided to spring for it from Sorinex and pay full price for one. That was 13 weeks ago, so it should be here soon.

I’ll be using it as my main “rack”, and will be keeping in mind your critiques (momentum and angle of arms, etc) when using it. I look forward to providing my impressions when it comes. Also, as a precaution, (and I know this sounds stupid), I already have 2 interested buyers lined up for a 2k loss if I end up hating it.

I don’t see people putting much weights on these. Are the arms too heavy? Someone on the web said that each arm could be 75lbs. Which is just insane. I wonder, since it’s on a lever, what the actual lifting weight is of each arm. I am hoping it stays relatively close to 45 pounds so I can do my gym math.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by potatosoup View Post
    @HealthNutMD RE: Hurricane - despite reading your various negative impressions of the hurricane, (which I thank you for because there just aren’t many impressions out there), and despite waiting for a used one to come up for years, I decided to spring for it from Sorinex and pay full price for one. That was 13 weeks ago, so it should be here soon.

I’ll be using it as my main “rack”, and will be keeping in mind your critiques (momentum and angle of arms, etc) when using it. I look forward to providing my impressions when it comes. Also, as a precaution, (and I know this sounds stupid), I already have 2 interested buyers lined up for a 2k loss if I end up hating it.

I don’t see people putting much weights on these. Are the arms too heavy? Someone on the web said that each arm could be 75lbs. Which is just insane. I wonder, since it’s on a lever, what the actual lifting weight is of each arm. I am hoping it stays relatively close to 45 pounds so I can do my gym math.
    Plug in your measurements and it will tell you how much mechanical advantage you have. Yours would be a class 2 lever.
    https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/levers-d_1304.html

My guess would be a 45 would feel like 30 just from a picture.
    Last edited by Greybird2; 09-25-2020 at 11:45 AM.

m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m0nst3rb1c3ps is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey OP I was hoping you could give me your thoughts on the Bodysolid Horizontal IsoLateral BenchPress? https://www.bodysolid.com/home/lvbp/...e_bench_press/ ( link )

I did see your list but unfortunately the Panatta Plate Loaded Chest Press machine is definitely out of my budget. I could possibly swing the hammer strength one but I was hoping to save some money. I have a labrum tear so I cant use the vertical machines at all. I even have trouble with barbells so for my last home gym piece I just need a chest press machine. Thanks.
    were all gonna make it crew
    does my best to not be negative crew

HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cross axes Tech machines in San Francisco Bay area

Two Cross Axes Tech 'salesmen' (one from the chest department and one from the back department), .....dressed in black and grey, .....headed to Concord, CA, .....on a one-way business trip to join Doyle Rich's muscle building team, at Fit Fanatics Gym in Concord, CA.

Just thought that members on the forum might like to know that this is the first shipment of machines to the San Francisco Bay area.
    Attached Images

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Equipment at EliteFTS is top of the line.
    I have one of their chest supported rows given to me that runs $900.
    Very quality and well made.
    Some of the best Rouge stuff looks nice also.

pooldecks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you use epoxy floors in your gyms?

HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Just curious, since this is the Cost No Object thread, how much does it cost. Please don’t say if you have to ask you cannot afford it.
    EricAtl,

My apologies, I did not mean to look non-responsive to your inquiry. The entire Cross Axes Tech line of plate loaded machines are priced from $2100 - $3600, the individual prices can be found on the company website.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HenryMaag View Post
    EricAtl,

My apologies, I did not mean to look non-responsive to your inquiry. The entire Cross Axes Tech line of plate loaded machines are priced from $2100 - $3600, the individual prices can be found on the company website.
    Thank you.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adawg837 View Post
    Does anyone have anything to say of the Arsenal versions of the original Nebula incline press or shoulder press machines? Supposedly Rae Crowthers licensed the old nebula designs to them. They look very similar but arsenal changed the handle grips considerably.

Also- does anyone know of this old brand of equipment called Camstar? I ended up with an old vertical chest but I need some help with a couple of missing parts. Thing is built like a tank- looks very much like the atlantis selectorized vertical chest press.

Thanks!

I’ve heard nothing but bad reviews from the gym owners I know that have purchased from them. Apparently fit/finish/quality is nothing like the original Nebula, and some of their design “improvements” have made the machines feel off in a bad way from the original Nebula design as well.

IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by potatosoup View Post

Any chance you could take pictures of the handle mechanism front and back? I’m looking at building a proper t-bar row for my gym, and want to use a similar handle design. Thanks!

imth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello guys, i am about to open my own gym in Bulgaria and i need few advices about new equipment so my main question is :

If u have to choice one machine , what it will be ?

Atlantis C-106 Lying Leg Curl VS Prime hybrid prone leg curl ( Both with stack )
    Atlantis PW-511 Belt Squat VS Wenning belt squat
    Atlantis PW-549 Viking Press VS Watson Animal Viking Press
    Atlantis B-856 Poliquin Seated Preacher VS Prime Double Sided Preacher
    Atlantis M-118 Standing Calf VS Panatta Standing Calf
    Atlantis C-212 PENDULUM SQUAT VS any other Brand
    Atlantis D-335 shrug and deadlift machine VS any other brand
    Atlantis D-126 T-Bar Row VS Panatta Dorsy bar
    Atlantis P-439 Decline / Flat Converging Bench Press VS any other such bench press

Prime H-136 Prime Pullover stack VS SUPER PULLOVER MACHINE PANATTA "
    Prime PLATE LOADED |INCLINE CHEST PRESS VS any other Brand
    Prime HYBRID | SHOULDER PRESS STACK VS Panatta SUPER DELTOID PRESS ( free weight)
    Prime HYBRID | SEATED PUSHDOWN VS Atlantis T-163 Triceps Pushdown or any other brand that u have used
    Prime Extreme Row VS Panatta T-BAR row, i see the movement of both come close to each other)

Watson Animal plate leg press VS any other such type of a leg press

As u guys see its mostly Atlantis/Prime/Panatta - that's what i can get easier.
    Last edited by imth; 10-18-2020 at 12:35 AM.

Originally Posted by imth View Post
    Hello guys, i am about to open my own gym in Bulgaria and i need few advices about new equipment so my main question is :

Atlantis C-106 Lying Leg Curl VS Prime hybrid prone leg curl ( Both with stack )
    Atlantis P-439 Decline / Flat Converging Bench Press VS any other such bench press

Prime HYBRID | SHOULDER PRESS STACK VS Panatta SUPER DELTOID PRESS ( free weight)
    Prime HYBRID | SEATED PUSHDOWN VS Atlantis T-163 Triceps Pushdown or any other brand that u have used
    Prime Extreme Row VS Panatta T-BAR row, i see the movement of both come close to each other)

Here's my opinions for you, and the reasons why. Not everyone will agree, all I will suggest is do your gym the way you want. Lots of things on the Best of the Best list I don't care for, so it really does come down to personal preference.

Atlantis C-106 Lying Leg Curl - I like equipment that is simple in a commercial setting. Maintenance is everything. Simplicity is king.

Atlantis PW-511 Belt Squat - The Atlantis looks very good, quality of Atlantis is very high.

Atlantis PW-549 Viking Press - Same as above

Atlantis B-856 Poliquin Seated Preacher VS Prime Double Sided Preacher *I really like the looks of the Reflex/Rogue standing curl bench. I prefer the standing because I find it easier to get in a comfortable position, and the Reflex unit has an adjustable pad so that you can do everything from a spider curl to a wrist curl. Rogue won't ship the Reflex stuff out of the states, so I would suggest finding a good fabricator and having something similar made, that's what I'm going to do for my gym. If not go with the Atlantis standing curl bench over the seated version, I like the simplicity of it better than the Prime unit.

Atlantis M-118 Standing Calf VS Panatta Standing Calf *I don't like standing calf machines with belts or cables, and I also don't like the looks of the Panatta unit either, as it doesn't look like there is an easy way to add more weight. Again Reflex makes a really nice plate load calf, and you could have something similar made locally. I have a custom made Apex standing calf with a 600lb stack, and weight horns for more weight. I haven't stacked it yet, but I will, and when I do I want to be able to go beyond that too.

Atlantis C-212 PENDULUM SQUAT VS any other Brand - I've heard nothing but great things from friends who have this Atlantis pendulum squat

Atlantis D-335 shrug and deadlift machine VS any other brand - I guess a shrug machine is cool, but I feel there are a lot of other machines that are more important to cover the basics. If I had to get one I would look for a Nautilus or Legend due to the adjustable position of the handles. Personally I would get a rackable trap bar and focus money towards something more "essential".

Atlantis D-126 T-Bar Row VS Panatta Dorsy bar - Never met a t-bar row that I've liked yet. None of the commercially available t-bar rows have a long enough lever, resulting in a very tight arc for the range of movement. Manufacturers try to combat this by angling foot plates and such, turning the exercise into something completely different from an old school t-bar row using a barbell, which has a much better feel in my opinion. Get a landmine and some handles (or a collar that has a tab that you can attach cable handles to) and a barbell, you will have way more variety. Or do what I'm doing, and build your own t-bar the length of a barbell with adjustable handles.

Atlantis P-439 Decline / Flat Converging Bench Press VS any other such bench press - I like the adjustability of this unit.

Prime H-136 Prime Pullover stack VS SUPER PULLOVER MACHINE PANATTA " - Neither. Old school plate load spider cam Nautilus, no question. No substitution. Worst case scenario I would look at Medx Avenger or Hammer Strength.

Prime PLATE LOADED |INCLINE CHEST PRESS VS any other Brand - The Atlantis PW443 for me. Simple design, doesn't over converge. Well made machine, it's on my own gym wish list. That and the Chest Press PW340 Vertical Chest Press

Prime HYBRID | SHOULDER PRESS STACK VS Panatta SUPER DELTOID PRESS ( free weight) - Again I would go Atlantis PW449 or P449
    Prime HYBRID | SEATED PUSHDOWN VS Atlantis T-163 Triceps Pushdown or any other brand that u have used - I would go plate load for this, the Atlantis PW163.

Prime Extreme Row VS Panatta T-BAR row, i see the movement of both come close to each other) - Not a fan of either. I would look for a Nebula Lever Row, or the Watson Animal Chest Supported T-bar Row

Watson Animal plate leg press VS any other such type of a leg press - Nebula 35' linear leg press, Atlantis 40' linear leg press, or Cybex Linear Leg Press.

Hope you find this helpful. As for what I think is essential for a small commercial gym:
    Dumbbells in 5lb increments to 150lb (dumbbells in 5 to 50)
    Racks for above dumbbells
    Adjustable benches x 4
    Flat bench x 1
    decline bench x 1
    seat x 1
    Olympic adjustable incline bench
    Olympic adjustable decline bench
    Olympic flat bench
    Cable Crossover
    Cable pulldown/row/tricep machine (4 stack type unit, or combination crossover and 4 stack or 8 stack)
    Linear leg press
    Hack squat
    leg extension
    leg curl
    standing calf
    seated calf
    power rack
    pec fly/rear delt
    plate load pulldown, row, chest press, shoulder press, dip, bicep curl
    dip bars
    smith machine
    45' back extension bench
    curl bench
    chalk bowls x 2
    seated calf
    cardio machines (Woodway treadmills, Cybex Arc Trainers, Stairmaster Stepmill, spin bikes, fan bike)
    Ab balls, kettlebells, speciality bars including safety squat bar (I've got a Duffin Transformer Bar coming), trap bar, different curl bars, etc.
    Don't skimp out on the quality of your barbells. There is nothing worse than trying to bench with a ****ty cheap bar that is bent. Get quality. Except to pay the equivalent of about $350 US for a decent multi-purpose olympic bar. I went with York #32004 power bars for all my benches and power rack, and they look just as good as the day I bought them 10 years ago.
    Lifting platform (it's not a necessity, but helps designate a safe space for floor work and overhead lifts).
    45 lb plates. Get lots. I've got 88 in my small gym. LOL.

Best of luck with your future gym. Mine doesn't make me any money, but it makes me very happy. It's my home in so many ways, and I wouldn't give it up.
    Last edited by IronGym2005; 10-23-2020 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added hack squat.

Originally Posted by imth View Post

Just my general opinion, some quality pieces on your list, I haven't tried that many of the machines listed, but here's my favourites of the units I've spent some time using.

Leg press, the Watson Animal 45 leg press is excellent, having said this I'm not a fan of linear leg presses, I think the Panatta leg press bridge leverage style press is the best I've used.

I'm going to add a a note of caution, Pendulum squats have a reputation as Knee killers, I can testify to this, I sold my Watson Pendulum Squat a few weeks ago, it's a tough movement and put a lot of stress on my knees. I concede I think the Atlantis is a good design, never the less it's still a Pendulum Squat, I think I'd swap out the Pendulum squat for a Power Squat, Rogers Athletic, Watson and Panatta all have good reputations, but I've yet to try them.

For chest machines Panatta win hands down, I've now tried most of their free weight HP line and Imo they're just outstanding.

For back machines I like Hammer Strength Mid, Low and the DY rows are all very good, again the high row Hammer is excellent, but I preferred the Panatta HP high row and lat machines over the Hammer Strength versions.

Shoulders, the Hammer Strength plate load shoulder is very good, but again the Panatta HP deltoid press is just on another level, I currently have one on order. The Watson Viking Press is an absolute beast and I enjoyed my short time using it..

I haven't tried any Atlantis equipment and I'm surprised you have it on your list, not much Atlantis equipment here in the UK as shipping to Europe is so expensive.

I have tried out a few Prime machines, very interesting units, the ability to alter the strength curve is a great option, but again here in the UK Prime is murderously expensive, but if I were looking for a plate load biceps machine, the Prime unit is the best I've used.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does anyone have anything to say of the Arsenal versions of the original Nebula incline press or shoulder press machines? Supposedly Rae Crowthers licensed the old nebula designs to them. They look very similar but arsenal changed the handle grips considerably.

Thanks!
    Since all of the Panatta Chest Machines literally destroy any of the old school Nebula (and last I checked people aren't cloning Nebula very well), I don't see why to even bother with Arsenal.

The Panatta Chest, Deltoid, and back machines in the CNO list are magnitudes of order superior. Some of the Panatta I had some custom modifications of course.

Shout out to Leon's Panatta Delivery:

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 10-26-2020 at 06:02 AM.

adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IronGym2005 View Post
    I’ve heard nothing but bad reviews from the gym owners I know that have purchased from them. Apparently fit/finish/quality is nothing like the original Nebula, and some of their design “improvements” have made the machines feel off in a bad way from the original Nebula design as well.
    Irongym,
    Thanks for your reply regarding the arsenal. I have heard it is "stiff" which I'm not sure if that means hard to start from the bottom or if it means not good angle.
    Last edited by adawg837; 01-02-2021 at 12:44 AM.

My Panatta equipment is due to ship Friday, I just hope it look's as good as the pics above.

imth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since all of the Panatta Chest Machines literally destroy any of the old school Nebula (and last I checked people aren't cloning Nebula very well), I don't see why to even bother with Arsenal.

The Panatta Chest, Deltoid, and back machines in the CNO list are magnitudes of order superior. Some of the Panatta I had some custom modifications of course.
    I see u have tried both Panatta T-BAR ROW and Prime Extreme row, which one feels better?

Irongym,
    Thanks for your reply regarding the arsenal. I have heard it is "stiff" which I'm not sure if that means hard to start from the bottom or if it means not good angle.

Reviewing panatta super incline bench, from the side view in their own youtube video it seems like this incline angle (the actual arm to chest angle, not the pad angle) seems very low like maybe 15 or even 10. Does anyone else see this? I know the the OP chris worked with panatta to get the angle larger than the supposedly flawed low angle on nebula (chris said actual effective starting angle was around 10 and 20-25 at full extension on original nebula), maybe I'm confused but I thought 20-30 was the starting target?

I don't see how the panatta super incline is much different than a very slightly incline horizontal press. In fact a lot of bodybuilders prefer a 5 or 10 degree angle on the pad for flat bench work.

I am leaning towards atlantis PW-443 incline at this point.
    My friend Ron Partlow from Mutant Supplements did a Mutant on a Mission series at the Atlantis Gym in Laval Quebec. He ended up ordering a few pieces from them, one being the PW series horizontal chest (he told me it was the best horizontal chest he's every used, subtle convergence and lots of adjustability). He also said the Atlantis swing squat is great and crazy popular at his gym. I personally don't have an incline machine, I prefer barbell inclines to any machine I've used so far, but I have a feeling that PW Atlantis incline would likely be a good purchase for me as I really don't like the extreme convergence found on most chest press machines.