Victorfigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Cutting on 1900 calories - not dropping weight.....

Hi everyone.

Personal info for easy access:
    Male, 21 years of age.
    185 cm tall (about 6 feet).

All weigh ins are first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
    Weigh in 3 weeks ago when i started the cut: 80.4 kg (177.2 lbs)
    Weigh in yesterday and the day before that: 81.1 kg (178.8 lbs)
    Weigh in this morning: 81.9 kg (180.5 lbs)

How the **** am i gaining weight in a caloric deficit??...... And why is my weigh suddenly spiking even though yesterday wasnt a cheat day?

The macros i hit daily looks something like this (this is only 1800 kcal!!):
    150-60g protein
    60g fats
    160g carbs

The macros i strive to hit daily looks like (1900 kcal):
    190 protein
    63 fats
    143 carbs

My split:
    Day 1: legs and shoulders
    Day 2: cardio, abs and calves (i just run on the treadmill until it says ive burned 300 kcal).
    Day 3: chest and triceps
    Day 4: cardio, abs and calves (run until 300 kcal burned)
    Day 5: Back and biceps

So im a little bit agitated, not gonna lie. Today (sunday) marks the end of week 2 of "serious" cutting. In actuality its the end of week 3, but the first week was kinda off, so i dont count it. Im tracking my food and ive added in the two days of cardio you can see above. Normally i would just lift three times per week. So far i havent missed a day, and my daily macros have pretty much been on point except for a couple of cheat days (not in the same week of course) where i went out with some friends. And ive been gaining weight throughout since the start. At first i got so pissed about it that i stopped writing down my daily weigh ins because to me it didnt make any sense. Ive never really given two ****s about my weight because to me the mirror is more reliable. And so far i can see progress my abs are getting toned and more visible, my pecs are a little more defined my back as well. I definitely look better than when i started, but i feel like its more so because ive been consistent with my training, thus gaining more definition, than because of me actually losing fat.

Now ive always had it easy gaining, i build muscle pretty fast compared to a lot of my friends, however its also easy for me to gain fat. But i feel like this is just weird gaining weight at 1800 kcal even with 2 days of cardio sessions per week. I feel like with the amount of training and cardio i do, even if it was somehow proved that i in fact eat closer to 2500 calories a day instead of 1800, i still shouldnt be gaining, 2500 kcal should be maintaining. And thats the thing, im not even close to eating 2500 kcal a day.

This is my first time cutting, and is why im so pissed about not dropping weight. The last couple of summers, i have tried cutting but i didnt really have the knowledge about macro tracking and what not. So back then i didnt really track my progress at all, but just tried to train more intensely. Plus ive been interrupted by exams and **** since im in university and thats my main priority. However ive told myself that this will be the summer i look my absolute best. I just wanna feel what thats like just one summer. Not that im fat now by any means, im confident and can take my shirt of no problem. I just wanna try to get to the next level and really shred all the fat to get under the 10% bodyfat. So this time im tracking my progress closely, weighing myself every day - even added two days of cardio which i hate but force myself to do! I havent missed a day of training, and again my diet has been clean and ive tracked everything. I feel like im doing all the right things but still failing and that is infuriating. Please, please, tell me what the **** i should do. Maybe this is too early in to tell? maybe keep going for a month, and if im still gaining then go down to 120 carbs? Idk. It feels like whenever i get close to 80 kgs i somehow start gaining weight. Then i get to 82 kgs and start dropping down to 80 again, that seems to be the cycle.

From tomorrow ill start being more rigid with my diet. Maybe ive been snacking on too much fruit inbetween meals, but i seriously doubt that ive been snacking myself up to 300 carbs LOL. Anyway please come with some input.
    Last edited by Victorfigu; 03-12-2017 at 06:22 AM.

DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your not dropping weight your eating to much

I am 6'4'' and I was cutting at 1900 calories to achieve solid fat loss every week
    Dont diet and exercise - Eat and train!

TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are only 2 possibilities.

1.You are not measuring food correctly and eating more than 1900 cal.

2. You need to eat less than 1900 cal to be in deficit.

Originally Posted by TK401 View Post
    There are only 2 possibilities.

1.You are not measuring food correctly and eating more than 1900 cal.

2. You need to eat less than 1900 cal to be in deficit.
    Does it change anything if i say my weigh in yesterday i was 81.1? And the day before that was 81.1 too? And today for some reason its 81.9?

lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hard to believe you wouldn't lose at 1900 but if you're not then something's going wrong...

My BMR is 2400... but then it's dependent on body composition too... not losing at 1900 at 6ft with the amount of exercise you seem to be doing suggests that you're not adding those calories up correctly even if you're not carrying much in the way of muscle...

Are you measuring your portion sizes right? Are you going off accurate numbers? There's a whole lot of erroneous data on sites like MFP...

lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Victorfigu View Post
    Does it change anything if i say my weigh in yesterday i was 81.1? And the day before that was 81.1 too? And today for some reason its 81.9?
    Water can cause huge fluctuations in weight... I posted this the other week in a thread to show the difference between what I weighed at 6.30am and what I weighed at 9.30am... no eating... just water, a couple of black coffees and a couple of green teas throughout my gym session..

TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Salt and water intake can cause your weight to fluctuate day to day.

However you stated that you weighed yourself over a 3 week period and gained weight overall. So my initial post would apply.

Originally Posted by lmcfreekz View Post
    Hard to believe you wouldn't lose at 1900 but if you're not then something's going wrong...

My BMR is 2400... but then it's dependent on body composition too... not losing at 1900 at 6ft with the amount of exercise you seem to be doing suggests that you're not adding those calories up correctly even if you're not carrying much in the way of muscle...

Are you measuring your portion sizes right? Are you going off accurate numbers? There's a whole lot of erroneous data on sites like MFP...

The thing is, even if i was adding the calories up incorrectly, theres no way im getting more than 2500 a day, and even at that point i shouldnt be gaining but maintaining. I think my body is really sensitive to carbs, it feels like if i get more than 150 carbs i tend to gain weight regardless of my protein and fat intake. Because my protein and fats are constantly "low". 60 grams of fat is a lot for me, and i struggle to get more than 150 grams of protein each day, since i dont wanna go too crazy on the whey protein. The only meal i dont track is dinner, but thats usually some sort of protein and a salat. I dont eat rice or spaghetti. So my dinner would usually be something like 40-50 grams of protein and then a couple of servings of spinach and different vegetables.

I use MFP for tracking, and so far its accurate. I scan the bar code of the food im about to eat, and double check the macros match. So yeah i think it sucks too that im not losing weight at 1900 kcal. Then again i just might have been estimating too much. Starting tomorrow ill be more rigid with my diet, but i just dont see that ive been messing it up. And i dont feel like it can be healthy to eat only 1700 calories at my stage..

DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000)
    However you track and whatever number you put on it take some calories off
    Dont diet and exercise - Eat and train!

Originally Posted by lmcfreekz View Post
    Water can cause huge fluctuations in weight... I posted this the other week in a thread to show the difference between what I weighed at 6.30am and what I weighed at 9.30am... no eating... just water, a couple of black coffees and a couple of green teas throughout my gym session..
    I see. I guess that would explain the sudden spike in my weight this morning. Were you doing a 24 hour fast btw?

Originally Posted by DanLincoln View Post
    However you track and whatever number you put on it take some calories off

That should a pretty good starting point from tomorrow i guess.

The thing is, even if i was adding the calories up incorrectly, theres no way im getting more than 2500 a day, and even at that point i shouldnt be gaining but maintaining. I think my body is really sensitive to carbs, it feels like if i get more than 150 carbs i tend to gain weight regardless of my protein and fat intake. Because my protein and fats are constantly "low". 60 grams of fat is a lot for me, and i struggle to get more than 150 grams of protein each day, since i dont wanna go too crazy on the whey protein. The only meal i dont track is dinner, but thats usually some sort of protein and a salat. I dont eat rice or spaghetti. So my dinner would usually be something like 40-50 grams of protein and then a couple of servings of spinach and different vegetables.

I use MFP for tracking, and so far its accurate. I scan the bar code of the food im about to eat, and double check the macros match. So yeah i think it sucks too that im not losing weight at 1900 kcal. Then again i just might have been estimating too much. Starting tomorrow ill be more rigid with my diet, but i just dont see that ive been messing it up. And i dont feel like it can be healthy to eat only 1700 calories at my stage..
    Like I said, surprised you're not losing at 1900... I'd guess that would be your BMR... I'd actually think your BMR would be a little higher around 2000... maybe 2100... so BMR is what your body needs just to do the very basics comatose... then you throw in a multiple to work out your TDEE based on your activity, so based on your activity (without knowing exactly what program you're following) you're probably a 1.5 or 1.6x BMR multiple to get your TDEE... so your maintenance would be around 3000kcal on that basis... I'm 6'4", 220lbs and 13% BF... and I maintain around 3800 - 4000kcal with a 6 - 7 day workout schedule...

Only other thing worth throwing in is that at 185cm... 81KG isn't really that much... I'm 193cm and when I started lifting daily and getting stuff in order, I stalled at 86 - 87KG having gone down from 99KG... I'm sure I could have if I really applied myself, but I couldn't get any further down than that even if I was eating relatively light and I looked pretty flat, like if I managed to squeeze a few more KG out of it and gone down to 84KG... 83KG it wouldn't have looked good... I'm back up at 99KG now but that's been a total recomp getting rid of a bunch of fat and then packing on a bunch of muscle over a 16 month period... it might be worth thinking of adding some muscle rather than getting down to skin and bones... if you packed on 10KG of muscle on a lean bulk you'd probably be better off for it, and bearing in mind BF is a percentage, extra muscle helps keep your BF% low since it's a comparative number.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Why are the numbers on a scale important to you? The number that appears on a scale is meaningless outside of competitions involving weight classes. Weight is not a good indicator of results. The mirror and how your clothing fits is a much better way to go about it. If you're not seeing a visible change or how your clothing fits after a few weeks then you have your answer, you're eating too much. The specifics are irrelevant, keep it simple if you're not seeing the results you want, move more, eat less or do a combination of the two.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000) LWG98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi everyone.

Personal info for easy access:
    Male, 21 years of age.
    185 cm tall (about 6 feet).

All weigh ins are first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
    Weigh in 3 weeks ago when i started the cut: 80.4 kg (177.2 lbs)
    Weigh in yesterday and the day before that: 81.1 kg (178.8 lbs)
    Weigh in this morning: 81.9 kg (180.5 lbs)

How the **** am i gaining weight in a caloric deficit??...... And why is my weigh suddenly spiking even though yesterday wasnt a cheat day?

The macros i hit daily looks something like this (this is only 1800 kcal!!):
    150-60g protein
    60g fats
    160g carbs

The macros i strive to hit daily looks like (1900 kcal):
    190 protein
    63 fats
    143 carbs

My split:
    Day 1: legs and shoulders
    Day 2: cardio, abs and calves (i just run on the treadmill until it says ive burned 300 kcal).
    Day 3: chest and triceps
    Day 4: cardio, abs and calves (run until 300 kcal burned)
    Day 5: Back and biceps

So im a little bit agitated, not gonna lie. Today (sunday) marks the end of week 2 of "serious" cutting. In actuality its the end of week 3, but the first week was kinda off, so i dont count it. Im tracking my food and ive added in the two days of cardio you can see above. Normally i would just lift three times per week. So far i havent missed a day, and my daily macros have pretty much been on point except for a couple of cheat days (not in the same week of course) where i went out with some friends. And ive been gaining weight throughout since the start. At first i got so pissed about it that i stopped writing down my daily weigh ins because to me it didnt make any sense. Ive never really given two ****s about my weight because to me the mirror is more reliable. And so far i can see progress my abs are getting toned and more visible, my pecs are a little more defined my back as well. I definitely look better than when i started, but i feel like its more so because ive been consistent with my training, thus gaining more definition, than because of me actually losing fat.

Now ive always had it easy gaining, i build muscle pretty fast compared to a lot of my friends, however its also easy for me to gain fat. But i feel like this is just weird gaining weight at 1800 kcal even with 2 days of cardio sessions per week. I feel like with the amount of training and cardio i do, even if it was somehow proved that i in fact eat closer to 2500 calories a day instead of 1800, i still shouldnt be gaining, 2500 kcal should be maintaining. And thats the thing, im not even close to eating 2500 kcal a day.

This is my first time cutting, and is why im so pissed about not dropping weight. The last couple of summers, i have tried cutting but i didnt really have the knowledge about macro tracking and what not. So back then i didnt really track my progress at all, but just tried to train more intensely. Plus ive been interrupted by exams and **** since im in university and thats my main priority. However ive told myself that this will be the summer i look my absolute best. I just wanna feel what thats like just one summer. Not that im fat now by any means, im confident and can take my shirt of no problem. I just wanna try to get to the next level and really shred all the fat to get under the 10% bodyfat. So this time im tracking my progress closely, weighing myself every day - even added two days of cardio which i hate but force myself to do! I havent missed a day of training, and again my diet has been clean and ive tracked everything. I feel like im doing all the right things but still failing and that is infuriating. Please, please, tell me what the **** i should do. Maybe this is too early in to tell? maybe keep going for a month, and if im still gaining then go down to 120 carbs? Idk. It feels like whenever i get close to 80 kgs i somehow start gaining weight. Then i get to 82 kgs and start dropping down to 80 again, that seems to be the cycle.

From tomorrow ill start being more rigid with my diet. Maybe ive been snacking on too much fruit inbetween meals, but i seriously doubt that ive been snacking myself up to 300 carbs LOL. Anyway please come with some input.
    The most probable things happening (can be a combination of them):
    1. Counting cals wrong
    2. You actually need less cals
    3. You haven't taken into account that your NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) may be lower now that you consume less cals
    I'd go for the thrid one, once you consume less calories, because you feel less energized, you tend to move less throughout the day, do stuff slower than normally, so your energy expenditure is less than before cutting the cals. Good luck

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    Why are the numbers on a scale important to you? The number that appears on a scale is meaningless outside of competitions involving weight classes. Weight is not a good indicator of results. The mirror and how your clothing fits is a much better way to go about it. If you're not seeing a visible change or how your clothing fits after a few weeks then you have your answer, you're eating too much. The specifics are irrelevant, keep it simple if you're not seeing the results you want, move more, eat less or do a combination of the two.

Youre so very right, and as stated in the post, ive never really given a **** about the weight on the scale. Its just that this is my first "real" cut so to speak. This is the first time im really getting into it, adding 2 days of cardio and actually tracking my macros. I wanna do it right this time to be sure to see results, and the most accurate way to actually track your progress when losing weight is on the scale. Ive tried just going off the mirror, and i mean right now im looking fine im not fat by any means. I just wanna take it to "the next level" and really lean out. And if i want to do that i have to be more precise and rigid.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Unless you have a very physical blue collar job 1900 calories is way too high at 6' 180lbs if you're trying to lose fat. You might lose it, but it will be very, very slow and will require copious amounts of exercise.

Edit: Calculators online are telling me 1500 cals a day for you to drop 2lbs a week.

I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by LWG98 View Post
    The most probable things happening (can be a combination of them):
    1. Counting cals wrong
    2. You actually need less cals
    3. You haven't taken into account that your NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) may be lower now that you consume less cals
    I'd go for the thrid one, once you consume less calories, because you feel less energized, you tend to move less throughout the day, do stuff slower than normally, so your energy expenditure is less than before cutting the cals. Good luck
    Has to be counting calories wrong or reduced physical activity. Hard to believe a 6'1" 180 lbs man (in his very early 20s) has a TDEE of below 1900. I am 15 years his senior, same stats, and I lost 1.75 lbs last week on 1930. OP, are you weighing food and tracking what you eat?

Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100) Decimus80 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    Unless you have a very physical blue collar job 1900 calories is way too high at 6' 180lbs if you're trying to lose fat. You might lose it, but it will be very, very slow and will require copious amounts of exercise.

Edit: Calculators online are telling me 1500 cals a day for you to drop 2lbs a week.]

Uhh, same stats here. Lift 3 days a week, run 6 days a week (for 20 minutes). I just raised my calories to 2000, because I was losing at close to 2 pounds as of last week, and don't want to lose that quickly and risk muscle. So no.

Dude, you might want to relook at your inputs. You got negged for throwing up (potentially harmful) rubbish. The Mifflin calculator is saying his TDEE is approx 2581.
    Last edited by Decimus80; 03-13-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Originally Posted by Decimus80 View Post
    Has to be counting calories wrong or reduced physical activity. Hard to believe a 6'1" 180 lbs man (in his very early 20s) has a TDEE of below 1900. I am 15 years his senior, same stats, and I lost 1.75 lbs last week on 1930. OP, are you weighing food and tracking what you eat?

I think ive come to the conclusion that ive underestimated my snacking in between meals as stupid as that makes me look. When i look back, i have been eating plenty of fruits which adds up in the long run, but still weird that ive gained because of it. My weight in this morning was 81.5 kg - a 200 grams decrease in weight which im happy with, but might just be water weight. Today ive been tracking more closely and eliminated all snacking between meals. After dinner ill have hit my macros pretty much spot on, so im curious to see what my scale says tomorrow. In conclusion ill be more rigid with my diet from now on.

I think i generally have a slow metabolism since ive been gaining these past few weeks. I might not have been eating 1900 kcal as it turns out, but i certainly havent eaten more than 2500 kcal, and even so that should be my maintaining intake.

Originally Posted by skelooth View Post

Edit: Calculators online are telling me 1500 cals a day for you to drop 2lbs a week.

That does not look right. 1500 calories a day for a male is simply not healthy even when dieting. That could maybe be the intake of a competing bodybuilder at his absolute lowest in the few weeks before contest. I would say 1900 is already pretty low, but ive been tracking it incorrectly.

That does not look right. 1500 calories a day for a male is simply not healthy even when dieting. That could maybe be the intake of a competing bodybuilder at his absolute lowest in the few weeks before contest. I would say 1900 is already pretty low, but ive been tracking it incorrectly.
    It's BS, disregard. That poster screwed up his inputs and had you targeting next week for the weight goal.

Weigh everything. Track calories scrupulously. Shoot for 2000 carefully tracked calories to start, and adjust from there, after 2 weeks, depending on what your rate of loss is, and what your goals are.

RtlsGyns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just skimmed through and i don't think i seen this mentioned. in the original post you said yesterday was not even a cheat day and why the weight increase. even on cheat days you still need to eat in a deficit or you can counter the previous weeks good work.

unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000) unsensible is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had a similar issue. I am 5'10 and I was 180. I went down to 1750 cals a day which was pretty rough for me (I like to eat) and weighed myself weekly. I noticed that I was barely maintaining my weight which was confusing.

I was even calculating my calories correctly, but it turns out I was ingesting a LOT more calories on my cheat days than I thought. pizza + beer on the weekends ruined me completely. Took those out and I was losing more than 2lbs a week so I allowed smaller cheat meals and tracked them appropriately.

GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10) GraemeEJones is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Simple answer your either not eating 1900 as your tracking is out or you need to drop.
    I'm 6ft 2 cutting on 1780 Cals for 2lb a week at 203lb
    Try an app to track your food consumption

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cutting at 1700 cal and i'm 5'9 175

more than likely your tracking is wrong. weight can fluctuate a lot so weighing yourself daily under the same conditions will allow you to track averages over time and see if you are losing weight. You may need to reduce calories or add more cardio. If you are having cheat meals make sure you track those appropriately.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

So for some reason im not able to update my post. But anyway, after my tragic weigh in of 81.9 (the day before yesterday) i started tracking everything more precisely and eliminated all snacking. This morning i my weigh in was 80.7 kg. Yesterday was 81.5. In conclusion, ive been underestimating my snacking and have probably tracked some foods too loosely. Looking forward to see my weigh in tomorrow, as ive hit my macros perfectly again today.

Now i know a lot of it is probably water weight, but its still improvement to finally start dropping after 2 weeks of keeping the same weight or gaining.. Ill keep tracking more precisely and hopefully, ill keep losing weight from now on! Thanks for all of your input. I didnt want to believe ive been tracking incorrectly, and honestly didnt even consider that in the beginning. But you made me confront the ****ty truth, so thanks! Hopefully ill keep dropping from this point on!

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So for some reason im not able to update my post. But anyway, after my tragic weigh in of 81.9 (the day before yesterday) i started tracking everything more precisely and eliminated all snacking. This morning i my weigh in was 80.7 kg. Yesterday was 81.5. In conclusion, ive been underestimating my snacking and have probably tracked some foods too loosely. Looking forward to see my weigh in tomorrow, as ive hit my macros perfectly again today.

Now i know a lot of it is probably water weight, but its still improvement to finally start dropping after 2 weeks of keeping the same weight or gaining.. Ill keep tracking more precisely and hopefully, ill keep losing weight from now on! Thanks for all of your input. I didnt want to believe ive been tracking incorrectly, and honestly didnt even consider that in the beginning. But you made me confront the ****ty truth, so thanks! Hopefully ill keep dropping from this point on!
    also be careful of any sauces/seasonings that you might eat or include with your food, it's easy to just simply not track those because they aren't meaningful alone but eat sauces with everything you might find yourself up at least 100 cals
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

mchack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good that you seem to have found the problem. I am about your stats as well. Cutting at 1900 calories. But I have an office job with a lot of inactivity. I need to add cardio to actually lose at a good rate without being too hungy. Cardio burns calories not fat.
    My advice to you would be to track your weight daily and combine it with a a moving average to establish a trend. Remember we are all different. My NEAT is very low during the week because of my job. I can either eat less or do more activity. The same applies to you.

You could also install a step counter app on your phone to establish a trend to see how active you are over a longer period. If NEAT goes down you have a way of tracking it and then counter it but disregard the calories burnt because it is not precise. Your subconsciousness can deceive you.

You also need to maintain social life, but try to count your calories anyway and stop having planned cheat days. They will just slow your fat loss down.

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    also be careful of any sauces/seasonings that you might eat or include with your food, it's easy to just simply not track those because they aren't meaningful alone but eat sauces with everything you might find yourself up at least 100 cals
    Ah yes true. Another easy way to cheat yourself by not paying attention. Thankfully i dont really eat sauce with the food unless its a special occasion.

Originally Posted by mchack View Post
    Good that you seem to have found the problem. I am about your stats as well. Cutting at 1900 calories. But I have an office job with a lot of inactivity. I need to add cardio to actually lose at a good rate without being too hungy. Cardio burns calories not fat.
    My advice to you would be to track your weight daily and combine it with a a moving average to establish a trend. Remember we are all different. My NEAT is very low during the week because of my job. I can either eat less or do more activity. The same applies to you.

You could also install a step counter app on your phone to establish a trend to see how active you are over a longer period. If NEAT goes down you have a way of tracking it and then counter it but disregard the calories burnt because it is not precise. Your subconsciousness can deceive you.

You also need to maintain social life, but try to count your calories anyway and stop having planned cheat days. They will just slow your fat loss down.
    Thanks, im also really happy having located the root of my problem. Im already doing daily weigh ins, and have done so for the past 2 weeks actually. Only way to know which way the wind is blowing really. Like you, im also rather inactive during the day, as im a university student. But i mean, it is what it is - i added two days of cardio and that oughta do it.

(Sjovt at se en dansker herinde haha! )