snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

dl pr 200 @116 and working on form

so I recently started power lifting, ordered my 10mm leather red belt 4inches tonight ebay 41 bucks :] I am going to be doing a meet in June

Deadlift 200lbs, we were just testing how much i could pull, I did a little dance that didnt get in the video lol, I am leg dominate and I havent been using my glutes and hammies or body weight leaning back so its more like a straight leg dl mix up

After this I did a bunch of work with the bar and 2 15lbs fine tuning form, how do I post an image that doesnt turn in a link, then we did some wide stance pause squats, then a bunch of assisting lower back exercises and finished with kettle bells, I was so tired, I laid in the locker room for 15 minutes dripping sweat

Has anyone noticed that they get headaches after leg day?
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You need to learn proper technique before you snap in half. I wouldn't say your leg dominant or not activating your glutes, you're just gripping and ripping with improper technique.

You should watch some deadlift technique videos on YouTube and go back to basics. Learn to keep your hips in a proper position. I would definitely drop the weight and possibly work on some higher reps until you've nailed the proper positions and developed a bit more.

I just watched the video again because i thought it might not be that bad. You have to stop lifting like that as soon as possible, thst is a really dangerous position for your lower back to be in. I'm surprised it can even move like that.

Don't mean to come off as rude, but if one of my friends showed me technique like that I would be horrified for their long term health.
    Last edited by JiP; 03-11-2017 at 02:43 AM.
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What the guy above said, my god that form had me cringing. Lower weight and work on form. also dam what brand belt 40 bucks cheap as full
    ****Bringing sixy back in 2019****
    6'6" 666lbs......str8 sixy!

Who Tests God and Does Not Wager Their Lives?

Originally Posted by TommyRO View Post
    What the guy above said, my god that form had me cringing. Lower weight and work on form. also dam what brand belt 40 bucks cheap as full
    did either of you watch the second video? its not letting me embed

I have had no training in power lifting, my coach wanted to just see what I was doing lift wise, then we worked on form for 30 minutes.

also my coached said i am quad dom, not me, and thats true because I developed separate quads and stuff for npc. my coach is over 2000 for his lifts.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    You need to learn proper technique before you snap in half. I wouldn't say your leg dominant or not activating your glutes, you're just gripping and ripping with improper technique.

You should watch some deadlift technique videos on YouTube and go back to basics. Learn to keep your hips in a proper position. I would definitely drop the weight and possibly work on some higher reps until you've nailed the proper positions and developed a bit more.

I just watched the video again because i thought it might not be that bad. You have to stop lifting like that as soon as possible, thst is a really dangerous position for your lower back to be in. I'm surprised it can even move like that.

Don't mean to come off as rude, but if one of my friends showed me technique like that I would be horrified for their long term health.
    Originally Posted by TommyRO View Post
    ^^ Totally agree with both above

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Second video is not better. You're rounding your lower back to break the bar off the ground initially, which is a cheat that makes it easier but is highly likely to lead to injuries down the road. The only reason the second video looks slightly better than the first is a difference between lighter weight vs heavier weight... not because your form was greatly improved.

Second video embedded for you:

gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you cant keep yourself from rounding and have poor form and cant seem to brace properly, then you dont need a belt. you need to learn how to deadlift properly first and brace your core
    best lifts at 180lb bodyweight
    best= 370 squat goal= 405
    best= 260 bench goal= 315
    best= 445 deadlift goal= 505

TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TommyRO has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just watched your second and your form is still not good. Golden arch of peace, you really need to keep your back from rounding (lower back because even I round when I pull 550+ upper back when I'm tired and most people on Pr's)
    ****Bringing sixy back in 2019****
    6'6" 666lbs......str8 sixy!

Who Tests God and Does Not Wager Their Lives?

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I have had no training in power lifting, my coach wanted to just see what I was doing lift wise, then we worked on form for 30 minutes.

also my coached said i am quad dom, not me, and thats true because I developed separate quads and stuff for npc. my coach is over 2000 for his lifts.

The way your back is moving under the load is very dangerous as the lumbar is supposed to stabilise, not move around, when you're pulling. This is a pretty common cause of a disc herniation. While some advanced/elite powerlifters pull with a slightly rounded lower back, it usually maintains the same position throughout the lift. The upper back often also rounds in powerlifting deadlifts as this decreases some ROM at the bottom of the lift and the upper back can handle rounding better than your lower back. While some lifters may be able to pull their entire careers with a rounded back, that doesn't make it any less risky for others.

As a beginner, you want to pull with as perfect form as you can. There is no need for any back rounding at this stage. An optimal deadlift position will be different for everyone based on proportions etc, but your set up and execution are both wrong. You should be pulling the bar into your shins, starting with your hips lower and trying to start with your shoulder blades slightly behind the bar.

Given the way you deadlift, it's clear you would be 'back dominant' more than anything. Your quads are almost excluded from the movement. But there is no purpose in saying a beginner has any weak/strong points, as a beginner is an entire weak point. You have no particular strong/weak muscles, just poor execution.

Your coach being a good lifter does not make him a good coach. That's a logical fallacy. If he was a good coach he would not continue to let you pull like that. I've been trying to think of some possible reasons why pulling like that would be beneficial to a beginner and I can't think of any. The only reasoning I can think is that by deadlifting this way your back will become stronger and allow for proper technique in the future, but that really doesn't make much sense when you can just use proper technique now and avoid such a massive injury risk.

Try to look at the available evidence (google causes of disc herniation), rather than just assuming your coach is right.
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) motivat3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Has you lifting near max to see where you are then going over form. Thats backwards don't you think. I'm sure he could have seen you need work on your form without having you complete a 1RM.

There is a lot of knowledge in this section. Don't get offended by the responses.
    ***Texas LEO***

***Seminoles fan for over 22 years and counting***

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want a reason other than potential injury to not round your back like that... it's also putting you in a terrible position to lockout, which is why you hit a wall so hard when you got the bar above your knees on 200. Not sure if you're aware, but I suspect the 200 pull would not have passed at a meet, I would have expected to see red lights for hitching. Kinda sucks all around to put your spinal integrity at risk and still not get credit for the lift.

You're obviously strong, but you have some work to do. I would also agree that if your coach is encouraging this, you may be better off finding another coach.

JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol form. Lol coach. Just a lot of lol happening in this thread.

OP, watch some videos on how to deadlift and lower the weight before you hurt yourself.
    A total@A body weight
    Jesus, Powerlifting, Strongman, foggy mirrors.

tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tshwed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    The way your back is moving under the load is very dangerous as the lumbar is supposed to stabilise, not move around, when you're pulling. This is a pretty common cause of a disc herniation. While some advanced/elite powerlifters pull with a slightly rounded lower back, it usually maintains the same position throughout the lift. The upper back often also rounds in powerlifting deadlifts as this decreases some ROM at the bottom of the lift and the upper back can handle rounding better than your lower back. While some lifters may be able to pull their entire careers with a rounded back, that doesn't make it any less risky for others.

As a beginner, you want to pull with as perfect form as you can. There is no need for any back rounding at this stage. An optimal deadlift position will be different for everyone based on proportions etc, but your set up and execution are both wrong. You should be pulling the bar into your shins, starting with your hips lower and trying to start with your shoulder blades slightly behind the bar.

Given the way you deadlift, it's clear you would be 'back dominant' more than anything. Your quads are almost excluded from the movement. But there is no purpose in saying a beginner has any weak/strong points, as a beginner is an entire weak point. You have no particular strong/weak muscles, just poor execution.

Your coach being a good lifter does not make him a good coach. That's a logical fallacy. If he was a good coach he would not continue to let you pull like that. I've been trying to think of some possible reasons why pulling like that would be beneficial to a beginner and I can't think of any. The only reasoning I can think is that by deadlifting this way your back will become stronger and allow for proper technique in the future, but that really doesn't make much sense when you can just use proper technique now and avoid such a massive injury risk.

Try to look at the available evidence (google causes of disc herniation), rather than just assuming your coach is right.
    Agree with everything this poster said.

Check out Layne Norton's How to Deadlift video. It's the best video out there for beginners IMO
    Tyler Shwed

Revenant Apparel

Store: https://revenantapparel.com/

Blog: http://blog.revenantapparel.com/