Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How To Straighten Hair, (For Men?)

Hello, i usually don't venture into this section of the forums but i was hoping i could get some help. i would post this in the Misc. section but i know i would just get bombared with "gay" remarks and nothing helpfull. so i was hoping that i could get some help from ppl who actually use straighteners.

So im a guy (obviously), growing up i allways had the short guy hair, not super short, but also not long enough to do anything to it besides gel.

Well i figure..."Why not grow it out? i've never had anything longer than a inch or two"....so i'm comin up on 6months now without having my hair cut, i've kinda got the "Skater Hairstyle" and though its not really long, it does need some attention (quoting my gal buddies), i don't have curly hair, but i naturally have very thick hair (which is good sence i know i won't go bald, lol, but suxs cause its so tough to do things)

My chick buddies really suggest straightening it. but being a guy whos allways had short hair, i obviously don't have any experince with it. so i was hoping you guys could help me out. maybe a step by step instruction? is there some pre-straightening things i need to do? or can i go right into it?

my sisters are moved out, but i'm sure theres a flat iron somewhere that i could get ahold of, but from there, i jsut know the basic movements. i guess i'm just afraid i'm gonna turn into that a weird story on the 6 O'clock news, "Man goes to hospital with broken foot after attempted hair straightening" lol

So guys, if you could help me out, with what to do, i would really appreciate it.

(srry for the long post, but i'd figure i'd give the whole story, that way i didn't seem like a stupid troll or somethin)

Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I straighten my hair everyday but I'm not sure if it'd be the same for a guy...and I'm not sure how long your hair is either. I normally just do my hair by sections and don't really put anything else on it besides a defrizzing product since I have the frizziest hair ever.

Ceramic straighteners are the best and the more expensive ones 80-150 dollars are usually the ones that last the longest and work the best. Mine was 100 and I've had it for about 2 1/2 years with no problems and it only takes me about 20-30 to straighten my hair where it used to take an hour. I use a brand called HAI.

My mom has really short hair and she normally just puts the straighteners in random spots until her hair is all straight
    Just be careful with your hair esp by your ears bc she's burned her ears a ton of times from not being careful enough.

Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recommend the CHI flat iron.. I have seen it on ebay for around 80 dollars. In the salons around here.. they usually use the CHI flat iron. Using it on myself and clients everyday, its still going strong after 3 years. I suggest you blow dry your hair with a paddle brush. The paddle brush helps strightens hair. As for flat ironing, I recommend to pin up the top of the head, temple to temple. Flat iron your sides and the back and then let down the top and do the same. You want to make sure you dont have any knots when flat ironing. When you run the flat iron down the hair, always go slow. If you go to fast.... it wont be as straight. If you plan on doing this everyday, I recommend a damage control product. You usually apply this before you blow dry your hair. I love the damage control from Aveda. Also... you might notice your hair getting drier so I also sugguest a good conditner. I recommend using the deep conditner twice a week, leaving it on for about 5 minutes if not longer. Hope this helps

AlliKat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlliKat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlliKat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlliKat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlliKat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlliKat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlliKat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sillytweet View Post
    I recommend the CHI flat iron.. I have seen it on ebay for around 80 dollars. In the salons around here.. they usually use the CHI flat iron. Using it on myself and clients everyday, its still going strong after 3 years. I suggest you blow dry your hair with a paddle brush. The paddle brush helps strightens hair. As for flat ironing, I recommend to pin up the top of the head, temple to temple. Flat iron your sides and the back and then let down the top and do the same. You want to make sure you dont have any knots when flat ironing. When you run the flat iron down the hair, always go slow. If you go to fast.... it wont be as straight. If you plan on doing this everyday, I recommend a damage control product. You usually apply this before you blow dry your hair. I love the damage control from Aveda. Also... you might notice your hair getting drier so I also sugguest a good conditner. I recommend using the deep conditner twice a week, leaving it on for about 5 minutes if not longer. Hope this helps
    I use the CHI as well and I do it in the same method.. my hairs kind of long/medium long and It takes me about 20-30 min I guess, Im really picky how my hair looks anyway. Like she said you definately need a heat protectant if youre going to use it a lot... and definately get a good quality iron because the others wont yeild the same results at all! I probably wouldnt recommend buying one from ebay though, you never know what condition it's in... also when you do straighten it make sure not to go over the same hair section too much because you dont want it toooo straight(flat) and dont wanna damage your hair

CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I need to do this. I'm pretty good at using the flat iron, but sometimes it's 'too' straight and there simply is no volume to my hair. I've gone to hair salons where they've used nothing but the paddle brush and hair dryer. Looks awesome! It's not 'too' straight and adds a lot of volume. I am just terrible with the paddle brush.

slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    is there any difficult parts? i plan to do this every few days.

is the back hard to do since you can't see it?

i guess i should try it asap lol

Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xquisit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I recommend the CHI flat iron..
    I have the same one. It was the best thing I ever bought for my hair.

I think they come in smaller sizes too. No need to get a big/regular size if your hair is not so long.

Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeanie_N is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by slag View Post

Might be hard at first. I'm so used to straightening my hair that I just grab sections from the back of my head and straighten it. I don't even use a mirror to straighten mine anymore. But I'd advise you to use a mirror and look behind to see which parts you haven't straightened. To me, the back is the hardest.

And I also agree the CHI flat Iron works VERY well. But again, so Does HAI...I would say they're about the same quality.

Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sillytweet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you get the CHI .. get the 1/2 inch flat iron. As for the back of the head... I will try to explain as best as I can. I lean over to my side... and the back of my hair is away from my body, so I am able to flat the underneath and ends of the back of the head. I repeat and do the other side. It takes practice.
    As for Jeanie: Its easy to paddle brush but also takes some practice. Brush all your hair to one side (lets say to the right) and keep running your paddle brush over and over while blow drying. You want to only dry your roots. Technically you should have the blow dryer follow your paddle brush but this takes some muscles. So you pretty much have your roots dried to the right then flip your hair to the other side. Then flip your hair forward, just keep the blow dryer at the base of your neck and keep brushing with the paddle. Then flip your hair all back and do the top (REMEMBER YOU ONLY WANT TO DRY YOUR ROOTS) Once you feel that all your roots are dried then do the ends with the paddle brush or round brush. Blow drying your roots every way allows you to be able to part in any direction with volume. This is an easy blow dry and an easy way to get volume.

If you get the CHI .. get the 1/2 inch flat iron. As for the back of the head... I will try to explain as best as I can. I lean over to my side... and the back of my hair is away from my body, so I am able to flat the underneath and ends of the back of the head. I repeat and do the other side. It takes practice.
    As for Jeanie: Its easy to paddle brush but also takes some practice. Brush all your hair to one side (lets say to the right) and keep running your paddle brush over and over while blow drying. You want to only dry your roots. Technically you should have the blow dryer follow your paddle brush but this takes some muscles. So you pretty much have your roots dried to the right then flip your hair to the other side. Then flip your hair forward, just keep the blow dryer at the base of your neck and keep brushing with the paddle. Then flip your hair all back and do the top (REMEMBER YOU ONLY WANT TO DRY YOUR ROOTS) Once you feel that all your roots are dried then do the ends with the paddle brush or round brush. Blow drying your roots every way allows you to be able to part in any direction with volume. This is an easy blow dry and an easy way to get volume.
    great post, very helpfull

so...i do have conditioner, and i'll look around for a flat iron.

but is it neccessary for me to use a friz gel? or something? i really don't get frizzy hair.....do they specific gels or anything for when your about to use a flat iron?

HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I live in australia so I dont know if you have this brand, its a brand of shampoo called sun silk, they have this one which has a hair straightening formula.
    "In AUSTRALIA
    Each year there are 470 000 adverse events, 18 000 deaths, and 50 000 permanent disabilities arising from medical error and negligence each year. This is four times higher compared to the USA." (Second oppinion, GERMOV quote, page 293)

353 fatal car crashes were recorded on Australian roads in 2008 (RTA, 2008). You are 50 TIMES more likely to die from medical negligence from a DOCTOR compared to being fatally injured in a car crash and they say driving is dangerous.

I just think you need damage control. If you dont have frizz then dont worry about a shine spray that will help with frizzy hair. If you want, you can still use it.. but use little as possible. Also there are straighting gels or lotions out there but if you have straight hair or even a little wave... dont worry about using it. Its a waste of money for you.

wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My hair is actually about lowerlip to chin length right now, and I'm guilty of using a hair straightener from time to time. I honestly find it best to do the straightening before I sleep, so that when I wake up it doesn't look like I intentionally straightened my hair. Plus it helps fight the bedtime waves that I get too. I'm quite aware how girlish this all seems, and I feel your pain sir. Good luck!

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Run head over with steamroller.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Back was hard for me at first, but you get the feel for it after a while, i don't know where you live, but if you are in the UK, i would go for some GHD's 3 different sizes, and they are the best, with things like this you definetly get what you pay for, i got some cheap ones to start off with, had to buy the ghd's anyway as the others were rubbish.

As im a male, i chose the GHD mini styler, its designed for men or curling womens hair, don't know about you though, your hair is longer than mine.

First time i did it, one of my gal friends did my hair with her pair, i suggest you ask one of your friends who say you need "attention" to use hers on your hair, and let you practice.

Oh and use protective products, the GHD's heat up to over 200 degrees celsious, like twice the boiling point of water, so its important you protect your hair with some serum or a heat protection spray. Just experiment with these as some have left my hair looking greasy and flat.

Or you could just blow dry it straight, with one of those cylinder spiky brushes, gives you more volume so would work pretty well for your lengh.

good luck you'll get there
    Last edited by Swaggydoo; 03-11-2007 at 12:03 PM.

Well i finnaly did it today.

er...or tired to atleast lol

All i had laying around that i could find was a 2-inch one. kinda sucked cause my hair is only like 2.5 inches long. anyways i just did it, didn't really notice anything and almost gave up, tell i noticed my right side was noticably smoother than my left. so i kept at it and got the front and sides good. i spent a good 20 minutes doing this lol

as much as i tried, with the a mirror or not, i couldn't get the back as well as i did the front. thats my only problem i believe.

ohwell, tommarow i'm hangin out with a few of my gal pals. hopefully they'll be able to help me out.

wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well i finnaly did it today.

er...or tired to atleast lol

All i had laying around that i could find was a 2-inch one. kinda sucked cause my hair is only like 2.5 inches long. anyways i just did it, didn't really notice anything and almost gave up, tell i noticed my right side was noticably smoother than my left. so i kept at it and got the front and sides good. i spent a good 20 minutes doing this lol

as much as i tried, with the a mirror or not, i couldn't get the back as well as i did the front. thats my only problem i believe.

ohwell, tommarow i'm hangin out with a few of my gal pals. hopefully they'll be able to help me out.
    no man should ever spend more than 5 minutes doing his hair in front of a mirror no matter the length. Keep at it! lol!

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hello, i usually don't venture into this section of the forums but i was hoping i could get some help. i would post this in the Misc. section but i know i would just get bombared with "gay" remarks and nothing helpfull. so i was hoping that i could get some help from ppl who actually use straighteners.

So im a guy (obviously), growing up i allways had the short guy hair, not super short, but also not long enough to do anything to it besides gel.

Well i figure..."Why not grow it out? i've never had anything longer than a inch or two"....so i'm comin up on 6months now without having my hair cut, i've kinda got the "Skater Hairstyle" and though its not really long, it does need some attention (quoting my gal buddies), i don't have curly hair, but i naturally have very thick hair (which is good sence i know i won't go bald, lol, but suxs cause its so tough to do things)

My chick buddies really suggest straightening it. but being a guy whos allways had short hair, i obviously don't have any experince with it. so i was hoping you guys could help me out. maybe a step by step instruction? is there some pre-straightening things i need to do? or can i go right into it?

my sisters are moved out, but i'm sure theres a flat iron somewhere that i could get ahold of, but from there, i jsut know the basic movements. i guess i'm just afraid i'm gonna turn into that a weird story on the 6 O'clock news, "Man goes to hospital with broken foot after attempted hair straightening" lol

So guys, if you could help me out, with what to do, i would really appreciate it.

(srry for the long post, but i'd figure i'd give the whole story, that way i didn't seem like a stupid troll or somethin)
    is youre hair curly? my trainer has a similar problem, his hair is like 1" and its curly, so he cant gel his hair or anything, he has to go to hair salons to get it straightened

chyea1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel bad for having to resurrect this old thread but there's some really good info here and I was wondering if anybody could answer a question I had.

I'm a dude with curly/wavy hair growing it out for the first time ever and trying to learn how to straighten it (well because otherwise it looks like crap). I get the basic deal behind it and the necessary tools behind it and am currently in the process of trying to learn how to use the straightener.

But yeah, how would I go about parting the front of my hair in the direction I desire and making it look nice?? Usually I straighten the front (my bangs) straight down and then try to part/brush over to a certain direction but it looks like crap (it usually doesn't part completely and just looks bad). When I try to straighten the hair in the desired direction I want to part it, it usually it ends up look jagged and like sticking out horizontally. I was wondering how I could go about avoiding this sorta mess and well yeah in essence what kind of steps do I need to follow to get the front of my hair to part in the direction I want.

Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks.

grudge321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my sister straightened my hair the the other day she used and antifrizzing and did it in small sections and re cut my bangs my hair is about 2 to 3 inches long and it looks really but always make sure you combe your hair first

WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000) WorkOutBarbie is just really nice. (+1000)

get a .5" flat iron. the smaller ones are best for straight hair. best of luck!

fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go to a Sally's beauty supply and buy the thermal ionic permanent straightener. You do it once and you don't have to straighten your hair again until it actually grows out. I've tried it on myself and friends and it's awesome.
    Here is a before and after picture:
    http://fitnfabyou.blogspot.com/2010/...ntly-with.html
    http://www.fitnfabyou.com/

In blackness the answer is not to 'find the light', but to create it...

“Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” Omar Khayyam

chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Go to Sally's and get a knock off chi, I have one its awesome the brand (GVB)

chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkychic4now will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Go to Sally's and get a knock off chi, I have one its awesome the brand (GVB) Start on low heat setting then work your way higher when the hair is straight your good.

askvivi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

well you need to be very careful so you don't burn yourself, you can style your hair making some flips in your hair and that way it will look good, or if you don't know nothing at all you can check out some videos on youtube, there are plenty.
    But the most important thing is that you need a good quality hair straightener, I recommend you a great one that keeps the hair soft, shiny, healthy and super straight, it's the Karmin G3 Salon Pro and trust me it's totally worth it. If you are interested I bought it online at hairproductspro.com or if you are in Canada at rylees.ca .
    Hope this helps and good luck.

YouKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh lord I have such natural straight hair like a Chinese kid and I treat it so badly just so it never looks straight. I wish it was a bit curly.

Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kittyfeet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fery321 View Post
    Go to a Sally's beauty supply and buy the thermal ionic permanent straightener. You do it once and you don't have to straighten your hair again until it actually grows out
    I second this. There's also something called 'curl remover' (about 10 dollars) that takes you from a curl to a wave. If you search folica.com, you'll find a way to straighten your hair permanently using this product. I did this for a few years and it worked out well. If you don't have much length to weigh down the hair, the best you'll probably get is a nice wave.

How long is your hair, and how long till you can throw it in a ponytail until the awkward phase is over?

Pujabibaley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I only wanted to straighten my hair to try out the straight hairstyles!!!

Like spikes and other stuff also because however i would cut my hair,in 2 weeks time it wld grow and become curly all again and i am a man by the way.

I straightened yesterday but now i am like a woman,my hair is completely straight, silky and soft like a hollywood belle and it seems to have done a middle partition and is falling down from both sides!!!

But the guy at the saloon told me its like this for everyone and after the first wash i can style it like i want like normal straight hair men do...

The first wash would be done at the saloon in 2 days supposedly because the chemicals has to set in or whatever...

Should i believe him or is he just conning me?In that case i would not mind shaving my whole head a la vin disel...

Give me your opinions,beautiful women?

Edit:Main prob is i cnt do anything with it.
    Last edited by Pujabibaley; 12-14-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Pujabibaley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know you people might like soft and silk but its just not what i would like,you can understand that.

Do not be offended by my above post.

LauraWolfhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Straighten men's hair

Hello! As a stylist who straightens client's hair almost on a daily basis, here's how it's done.

1. Always start with clean and dry hair for better looking results. Apply a small blob of heat protectant, preferably a mousse which is light and won’t weigh down your hair. You can also rub in some extra hold gel so that your hair won't look so "soft and silky".

2. Divide your hair into sections, the thicker your hair the more sections you’ll need. It’s always best to start from the bottom and work your way up if your hair is long to make things easier, pin the other sections out of the way. If you have regular guy short hair then start from the top and work your way back.

3. Hold the straightener in one hand and a comb in the other. Go through a small section of the hair with the comb and follow through by clamping the plates of the straightener down as close to the roots as possible and then slowly pulling it down to the ends of your hair.

4. Keep combing and straightening until you’ve finished every section of your hair. Now you can apply a mousse or a gel on the ends to style your hair. Remember not to overuse any styling products otherwise your hair will end up greasy.

As for the right straightener, look for one with slim plates. I would strongly recommend the Karmin G3 Salon Pro Styling iron. It really has been a blessing to my salon and both men and women are in love with the results! It’s especially good on wavy and curly hair.