slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Do You Get Headaches?

Well, heres what going on with me. i've been cutting weight, hitting the gym hard. watching what i eat, following a good diet. and staying away from fast food.

Well i work in the mall, and being so, we get discounts and free stuff. today a new food joint opened up. and we got a bunch of little coupons saying "Congrats, you get a free food item of your choice, and a lemonade"

so i thought why not? after all, i haven't had a cheat meal in close to a few weeks. plus i'm low on cash, and free is free.

i go down there, figure hmm, i'll go with a lemonade, that was good, and i notice they didn't have anything really nutrional, the closest thing was "Fried Zuchinni" (sp?) so i give that i try.

i head back, devour it, while looking at the foam plate it was on, now soaked in all that oil that it was fried in. i stand up, and get back to work. during this time i start geting a massive headache. i'm talking like "Wow....wtf", the kinda headache you get only from being in a room with something bad, like something burning.

I'm preety sure this was attributed to the fried food, i hadn't really eaten anything fried within a very long time. so i beleieve the headache was cause because of this?

this "Kinda" happened to me before, i was eating extremely clean, just as a little test to see how long i could go for. after awhile i reached my goal, and bought a burgerking stacker (4 patties). next thing i know i have diahrea, which i'm not worried about, its that it looks like there are fat floating (yes this sounds wrong, but keep reading). like the fats you see after you cook fatty foods in pan, the little fat blobs, are floating in the toilot. it didn't look right, but i was able to figure out, that my gaul-blatter (sp?) was not used to the amount of fat and such that i just had, and was not able to properly digest it. but it was not that big of a health problem to worry about, since i only ate it once.

So anyways, its a long read, main question, do you guys get headaches after eating clean, and then having a cheat meal?

patsmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Haha, I wish that would happen to me. Then I wouldn't cheat!

It is probably a case of your body getting used to your clean eating, and then getting a bit of a shock from the sudden influx of fat, sugar etc. This could relate to digestion, blood sugar levels or any number of things.

My tip; don't cheat.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    yep no doubt, more than just headache too. I would most likely eat more junk food if they didn't make me feel like **** the next 4 hours. I think most of population can not observe this effect as they don't eat clean and nutritious long enough to notice a difference. Often times at work I know I could eat something as we get free food all the time, its not often healthy, pretty much never... though I know I could fit it in my calories and be fine, i feel like such ass afterwards its not even worth it!
    Last edited by grapemaster; 03-06-2007 at 06:54 PM.
    @__@

slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slag has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol, i used to feel bad, but now i've just grown to understand that 1 cheat meal once in a very long while is not going to do much harm.

but still, the headache was strong enough to make me wanna steer away from bad food forgood

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL... all that fat being metabolised by your system all at once probably temporarily clogged up and decreased the net cross-sectional area of your circulatory sytem A little bit of self-imposed vaso-constriction for ya'

That's just my BRO-SCIENCE conclusion
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by slag View Post
    next thing i know i have diahrea, which i'm not worried about, its that it looks like there are fat floating (yes this sounds wrong, but keep reading).

Seems like you had this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steatorrhea

How is your blood pressure?

I am not sure that this is a totally expected problem... I do get some stomach pain or discomfort after I eat something with tons of fat, but I dont get headaches or steatorrhea...

how "clean" is your diet and for how long?

It could be that you are so not used to fats that your system is not ready to process them on the first meal, but I am not sure that I can say this is 100% certain. After all, we all eat fats in different forms and they all need to be treated by the same enzymes in the stomach... Thus, you should have enough of this enzymes to process some excess fat and then b/c of how long they sit in your digestive track, I would expect your system to produce enzymes to digest them in that time...

IDK It those sound a bit odd... I wonder also about the rest of your diet, as this might be something related to your daily cholesterol intake or production...

I am thinking along this lines:
    "Since bile acids are made from endogenous cholesterol, the enterohepatic circulation of bile acids may be disrupted as a way to lower cholesterol. This is the mechanism of action behind bile acid sequestrants. Bile acid sequestrants bind bile acids in the gut, preventing their reabsorption. The sequestered bile acids are then excreted in the feces." (from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bile_salts)

Note that this are medications you take to lower cholesterol.... Thus it does not apply to you... I am only saying that it could be related to something about your cholesterol.

hth a bit
    Last edited by reefpicker; 03-07-2007 at 08:00 AM.
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)
    -Not a Dr. in Nutrition or any other Human Biology Field-
    Fish Scientist / Computer Geek / Gymaholic
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Ovolactate Pescaterian and scientist.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by slag View Post
    lol, i used to feel bad, but now i've just grown to understand that 1 cheat meal once in a very long while is not going to do much harm.

but still, the headache was strong enough to make me wanna steer away from bad food forgood
    How much sodium was in the food?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.