Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

too late ate twenty-eight?

Hey guys...
    All my young life I've been in shape, working out and doing martial arts. I stopped working out when i reached 20, after that i lost my bulk and eventually gained weight (last time i was 75kg and muscle-less was 2012, since then i gained 10 kg in 4 years).

Its hard for me to postpone small satisfactions like watching tv or playing video games.. so i can't get myself to go to the gym (i know i won't persist). I have an office job too, so i sit all day long (9 to 7).

Back in October a decided to stop of being fat and ugly and i wanted to lose around 10 kg, go from 85kg (183 cm) to 75. I bought a great elliptical(still can't give up small satisfactions and go to gym) and started working out, i travel a lot for work (sometimes for 3 weeks at a time) which makes it harder to persist.

In january (when i stop traveling for work i started to get super serious about this) i upped my workouts to 3-4 a week, added HIIT, bought a fitness tracker, have given up on elevators (doing 10-30 fights of status per day), reduced my fatty foods(didn't stop cold turky to make sure i won't crack), and added some (very light) weights/trx to my workouts(3-4 times a week), i also plank for core. At the moment im only down to 81kg, and you can see how i look from the picture.

I'm trying to change my life slowly so that working out is a part of them, and not go crazy for 1-2 months and stop. But i looked in the mirror today and got discouraged... Is it possible that at 28 i can never be fit and muscular again? Is my skin to fast to even be elastic again?

Bhaa... what should i do?
    Attached Images

GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're crazy...28 too late? C'mon. You already know how hard it is to actually get into the gym...the only way you will is if you carve an hour out of each day to make time for it and actually have A REASON to go. If you write down some solid goals and make small plans to hit milestones, it gives you a reason to get your ass in there to see some progress. Some people like it in the early morning, but personally I like going right after work from around 630-730. Get home, gym, eat, crush some video games, then bed. 28 is the prime of your life and you know what they say, "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago."
    "Where there is gains, there is life."

Gandhi

Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GhandiGains View Post
    You're crazy...28 too late? C'mon. You already know how hard it is to actually get into the gym...the only way you will is if you carve an hour out of each day to make time for it and actually have A REASON to go. If you write down some solid goals and make small plans to hit milestones, it gives you a reason to get your ass in there to see some progress. Some people like it in the early morning, but personally I like going right after work from around 630-730. Get home, gym, eat, crush some video games, then bed. 28 is the prime of your life and you know what they say, "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago."
    Thank you for answering!
    Idk, people in my environment are all either already super fit (never stopped) and they are few and far between, or fat and getting fatter.
    looking at the mirror i feel like my skin is fatty and even though i know that a max weight of 85kg isnt that much for someone my height, i wonder if the fattiness can go away (Even though its very different, i know that people who were obese have loose skin, so this is similar.

Goals sound like a good idea, are we talking body weight goals? lifting goals?
    I know i sound childish but i've made so many changes! i also started sleeping at LEAST 7 hours a night (previously was 4-5) and drink minimum 2L per day - i do however feel VERY different (even though i don't look it) - lighter, faster, healthier, and that is awesome! i just don't want to hope that ill look good again if it isn't possible.

lynxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You won't be too old even if you had 35... Good thing is that you grew exercising... it's relatively easy to achieve that again, since your body is looking like that in foundations.

GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100) GiorgosKos is not very well liked. (-100)
    I was 31 when i reached 265 pounds. Now 35 after loosing the weight (Mistake i didn't joined the gym back then)my muscles and fat tissue where bad. So at 35 I joined the gym, and 3 months later my body changed. Have a look

johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnybgood8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can go into gym at age 60 if you want I dont see a problem if you can and have motivation

iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can definitely become extremely fit from where you are now. It is utterly silly to believe that at the age of 28 you cannot become in shape and feel proud of your body. You aren't even THAT out of shape currently, there are people who come from a far worse condition and look as good as I do after putting in the work. You need to make sure you are doing the correct exercises at the gym, big compound lifts btw for the most part to get the best results. pullups, dips, bench press, squats, deadlifts, rows, shoulder press. Save the arm curls and tricep extensions for the end of the workout. You also need to make sure you are getting in enough protein. At your weight you should be aiming to get at LEAST 150 grams of protein per day. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep learning about the most effective ways to build muscle & lose fat and follow it. By 30 you could be in the best shape of your life. I just turned 30 not long ago and I am stronger and look better than ever before, every month that passes I become an improved version of myself. You can do the same thing.
    Weighted pullups = 195 lbs x1
    Weighted dips = 225 lbs x2
    Squat = 405 x2

RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your age is not an issue - not by a long shot. I "restarted" lifting at around 33 and at 49 am bigger, stronger, more focused and more developed I was at 38.

Make it part of your routine - not something to be motivated to do, but something you have to do - and you'll make amazing progress.

Originally Posted by GiorgosKos View Post
    I was 31 when i reached 265 pounds. Now 35 after loosing the weight (Mistake i didn't joined the gym back then)my muscles and fat tissue where bad. So at 35 I joined the gym, and 3 months later my body changed. Have a look
    Dude! you did THAT in three months?! that is awesome! you don't look 265, at all!

Originally Posted by iliketojuggle View Post
    You can definitely become extremely fit from where you are now. It is utterly silly to believe that at the age of 28 you cannot become in shape and feel proud of your body. You aren't even THAT out of shape currently, there are people who come from a far worse condition and look as good as I do after putting in the work. You need to make sure you are doing the correct exercises at the gym, big compound lifts btw for the most part to get the best results. pullups, dips, bench press, squats, deadlifts, rows, shoulder press. Save the arm curls and tricep extensions for the end of the workout. You also need to make sure you are getting in enough protein. At your weight you should be aiming to get at LEAST 150 grams of protein per day. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep learning about the most effective ways to build muscle & lose fat and follow it. By 30 you could be in the best shape of your life. I just turned 30 not long ago and I am stronger and look better than ever before, every month that passes I become an improved version of myself. You can do the same thing.
    My friends tell me in not "That out of shape" too, but it's different from a person online who doesn't owe me anything, so thank you!
    that is very very good motivation, i think my first step needs to let go of the "time i miss" when im at the gym and realize that with the motivation i have now it will be time well spent.
    i did notice a huge improvidence in how i carry myself, and doing 45 mins on eliptical with 15 min HIIT is very doable (3-4 times a week) and i can feel myself improving.

Even though i've trained for years, do you recommend maybe getting a personal trainer for a few months? so i make sure that im on the right path? (" Just keep doing what you're doing and keep learning about the most effective ways to build muscle & lose fat")

Originally Posted by RustyPipes View Post
    Your age is not an issue - not by a long shot. I "restarted" lifting at around 33 and at 49 am bigger, stronger, more focused and more developed I was at 38.
    Make it part of your routine - not something to be motivated to do, but something you have to do - and you'll make amazing progress.
    Ok people keep saying it's not an issue so i have to take your word for it - i didn't know people actually do these transformations a lot later.

thanks everyone!
    after reading this (and before writing this) i did an insane workout and i've started loooking at gym options.

Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    28 is a great time to start by the time you are 30 you can be shredded bra believe!

Henstock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been a gym goes for about a decade. Not taking it all too seriously. I.e. doing a lot of the wrong kinda thing, diet not in check, working out at the wrong kinda day for me (Ive changed from mornings to evenings and my motivation is night and day) etc.
    I looked at my holiday photo's last year and wasn't happy at all with how I looked. That was age 29 / 30. Since then I've got my house in order, fully motivated, have goals to hit (which I 've smashed at every step), diet in check and so on.

I'm not where I want to be but the changes are coming and I'm 100% happier than I was, at nearly 31. At the end of every 8 weeks I take pictures & measurements which always gives me a boost. For me it was how much did I want it? Did I want that chocolate bar / that game sesh (or whatever) or did I want this more.

But never ever did I think 30 was too old to change. Plus that's a negative mind set before you've started. Early 20's I did a lot of HIIT and I was happy enough with how fit I looked. Im now early 30's and I've bulked / filled out (comes with age too) and much happier for it.

And I'm looking forward to breaking every PB over and over again for years to come

ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramsaygordon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cytix View Post
    Hey guys...
    All my young life I've been in shape, working out and doing martial arts. I stopped working out when i reached 20, after that i lost my bulk and eventually gained weight (last time i was 75kg and muscle-less was 2012, since then i gained 10 kg in 4 years).

Its hard for me to postpone small satisfactions like watching tv or playing video games.. so i can't get myself to go to the gym (i know i won't persist). I have an office job too, so i sit all day long (9 to 7).

Back in October a decided to stop of being fat and ugly and i wanted to lose around 10 kg, go from 85kg (183 cm) to 75. I bought a great elliptical(still can't give up small satisfactions and go to gym) and started working out, i travel a lot for work (sometimes for 3 weeks at a time) which makes it harder to persist.

In january (when i stop traveling for work i started to get super serious about this) i upped my workouts to 3-4 a week, added HIIT, bought a fitness tracker, have given up on elevators (doing 10-30 fights of status per day), reduced my fatty foods(didn't stop cold turky to make sure i won't crack), and added some (very light) weights/trx to my workouts(3-4 times a week), i also plank for core. At the moment im only down to 81kg, and you can see how i look from the picture.

I'm trying to change my life slowly so that working out is a part of them, and not go crazy for 1-2 months and stop. But i looked in the mirror today and got discouraged... Is it possible that at 28 i can never be fit and muscular again? Is my skin to fast to even be elastic again?

Bhaa... what should i do?
    See friend it's never too late to start ....Your present physique might be discouraging for you but you gotta move yourself bit by bit n day by day. You just can't loose weight in one go and be fit again..like you told you were when you were 20..But beileve mebro if you want to achieve something then you have to loose something..You need to overcome the addiction the of watching tv or any other addiction that you have. That's standing as a barrier between you and your gym.

It's never too late..just start today!!!

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cytix View Post
    Is it possible that at 28 i can never be fit and muscular again?
    No that is ridiculous. Be sure you have set realistic and attainable goals. If you expect too little of yoruself your results won't motivate you as much. If you expect too much of yourself you might get frustrated. Be cautious of trying to invent some super awesome plan of your own. Stick to basic stuff that has proven itself to deliver over decades of gym testing.

Calories and Macros

Some programming links: allpro,Fierce 5, Fierce 5 Comprehensive Programs List, Tom Mutaffi's 3 Day Split
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

HEY GUYS! - Quick update.

First of all, let me say "Thank you!" - everyone here that is taking the time to post in other people's motivation posts, i wanted to share with you that you're doing a good job, you helped me.

My journey is only beginning, but after my post here i decided to start tracking my food better (Counting calories) while still persisting with my Cardio training, and now, aprox 2 months after my post here, im down to 74.7 KG(!!!!!!! thats over 10 kg from when i originally decided to lose weight!))), and still going down. (eating 1700 kals per day + watching macros, plus 2-3 workouts a week)

In addition, i decided to go back to the gym (previously i said "still can't give up small satisfactions and go to gym") but only after i lose all that fat i stored in my belly by doing desk work for 4-5 years. - but i already have everything ready, ordered gloves, creatine, protein and chose a program (Alllpro)

So - i think things are going well, a few more KG, my stomach will be fatless (maybe even some abs), and ill start with my gains.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Cytix; 05-05-2017 at 04:54 AM.

KhalidMMA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    defo not, doesnt matter when u start. can still make great gains

Wolfling68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, if 28 is too late, I should just crawl into the grave right now......

Cjones525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 29 and have 2 babies that are 3 1/2 and 2, and I'm currently in the best shape of my life. I always love being active but wasnt serious about the gym until after I had kids. It's just consistency, eat healthy, train heavy, for a long time. Give it a couple months to see amazing results

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No way 28 is "too late". However, you need to make sure that you're doing the OPTIMAL things to get in shape. You mention being/seeming "fatty". You will have higher body fat until you drop more weight - or add more muscle. Perhaps you'll be happier with your look if you go heavier on the weights - and more often?