MusclesUnite is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Baaaad MRI Findings for Shoulder, Help!

Here are my MRI results and hopefully some of you guys can help me out (BTW, these findings are about six months ago in left shoulder, dominant side):

Rotator cuff tendons are normal. Mild Edema within Infraspinatus muscle consistent with early denervation. Biceps long head normal.

Do I need to be worried about about this edema in rotator cuff with early denervation?

Tear of posterosuperior labrum with paralabral cyst.

I had the cyst drained (they couldn't get all of it) and shot up with cortisone steroid. Things have improved and the weakness when I thought something was wrong has disappeared. This was done 6 months ago.

Moderate acromioclavicular arthropathy and mild hypertrophy and physiologic amount of fluid within subacromial sub deltoid bursa.

WTF does this mean? I have onset of arthritis in my AC joint?

I have been doing ok since I wrecked the shoulder. I noticed dramatic weakness in shoulder after supersetting overhead press. I no longer do any overhead movements except incline presses. Obviously, the doctor didn't want to do surgery. He wanted to see how I responded to the draining and shot which like I said has improved my shoulder to a more comfortable level. However, my shoulder is like a roller coaster day by day. Sometimes it ranges from amazing and then not good, nervous and hesitant about lifting heavy. I don't have much pain (my pain is more like looseness-hesitation type feeling), no dislocations I know of and the ROM is good.

I have reduced my chest/press movements and increased my back/shoulder workouts including rehab exercises for rotator cuff. But I have lost 2 inches on my biceps since I found out about this. Despite my doctor's recommendations and spot-on prediction about my injury, anybody out there with posteriorsuperior labral tears recover well without surgery? I'm scared and hesitant getting surgery because it's my dominant arm and do everything with it (driving, cooking, brushing teeth, washing, etc.)

Also, I'm 27 and 5'10, 205 pounds.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dude, you have a torn labrum - they don't heal on their own. They can try PT to encourage other muscles to act on behalf of the labrum but they won't be as good as a non-torn labrum. These questions of yours should be directed to a competent Orthopedic Surgeon.

Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have a significant AC-impingement issue. When unresolved, the humerus keeps jamming into the AC, causing RC tears, edemas, arthritis of the AC over time ,etc

CURE?? The labral tear is just a symptom. The edema is just as ymptom The AC degeneration is also just a symptom! Doctors love to chase symptoms. So what is the cause?

Well, the cause is your humerus jamming into the AC. If you resolve that, 90 if not 100% of your symptoms will resolve or at least become pain free. To get your humerus to stop translating superiorly (up) into the AC, you HAVE TO address scapular mechanics and rotator cuff function. There's no way around it. Stop relying on useless therapists and start to educate yourself on scapular movement. A good start is to read my shoulder article (link). After that, post your questions and tag me, and I will help you along the way.

Don't tag me if you don't read the article first, I simply can't explain the details of scapular mechanics in every single shoulder post I contribute in
    Kjetil Larsen
    CPT, CES, NKT
    Owner of Trainingandrehabilitation.com

� Did I answer your injury question? Please supply the following info: 1) EXACT spot of pain(s)? (put a mark on a picture); 2) what type of pain is it? (burning, radiative, lightning, aching, jamming up, etc); 3) EXACTLY what movement(s) provocate the same pain? Specifics matter!

� Read my articles - https://treningogrehab.no/category/articles-in-english/