time4chnge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy How do ya guys stay patient and consistent to get fit?

I've been overweight all my life and it affected my self-esteem really bad. Over the years, I tried to lose weight and get that fit muscular body I've always wanted but I keep getting out of line. I cannot stay patient and consistent at all. It frustrates me so much that it makes me depressed and makes me lose my motivation(and the cycle repeats). I don't have any family members or peers who are into fitness whom I'll get motivated by. They would just go by their day telling me to eat this and that.
    The fact that I lost 15kg(33lb) last year, it should be motivating me right now to keep pushing on. But I don't know. It's like I'm running in circles for nothing(pun intended). I'm now 73kg(160lb)/1.7m(5.5ft) going on 24 years old. Got a big belly pouch that never disappears. Face are still somewhat puffy. Don't really know if I'm stuck in a plateau or it's something wrong with my diet + mental discipline. I just, for once, want to really know what I'm doing and push myself to somewhat "rebirth" myself, lol.. I don't know how people who are in a worst situation than me do it. I feel like ****. Any advice? I'd gladly appreciate any form of tactics to tackle this problem of mine once and for all. Just don't troll with me. I'm getting really sick of it. It's been over 5 years I've been dilly dallying away in the fitness scene.

Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tough situation, but you can definitely do it! I highly recommend getting a good playlist or having a good Pandora station or set of songs on Spotify to enjoy and motivate you when you work out. Associating that motivation with lifting will really help you. I also recommend trying to get into a sport on the side. The two will supplement each other since lifting will make you better at the sport. The competitive aspects of sports really helped me stay motivated. Once you really get into it (and it doesn't take long), the confidence and chemical highs you get from exercising and lifting will help you stay motivated. Hope this helps!

melissabilyeu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having other people around me who have the same goals as I do helps a lot. I have an Instagram account with tons of people who I follow and who follow me back and we cheer each other on daily. Trying to do this journey alone is nearly impossible. Surround yourself with like-minded people for the best results. 😊

melissabilyeu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm fitbellevie on Instagram in case you want to join our fitfam there!

matthew3007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What sort of workout routine have you been following? A lot of cardio? Weights? And what is you diet like?

A great way for you would be to find something fun, by keeping it fun you'll want to do it regardless and not worry about the results which would eventually come.

Keeping goals is another great way. Set yourself short,medium and long term goals. Once you start hitting them it will create its own motivation because you have accomplished something.

Registered User PowerlifterMark's Avatar
    PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerlifterMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The key to that is to focus on short term goals. Ideally as short term as just going into the gym to sweat and get an endorphin rush/pump. That's what keeps me disciplined to go the gym. The mental benefits. The physical benefits will later come if you stay persistent.
    RAW (5x5)

S: 315 / B: 245 / D: 405

if you use straps you can't lift it crew

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been doing it so long and so connected with lifting, its such a part of my life.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

time4chnge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you guys for replying!
    I have been going on a keto diet with a deficit of 1700cal. I workout 3 days a week, consisting of 20min running and 30min of weight lifting, 4 sets. Sometimes when I'm fatigued, I dont workout for a week and minimize my calorie intake. My weight is 73kg(160lb) and my height is 1.7m(5.5ft).

As most of you are saying, I'm gonna start following short time goals and move on to the next, step by step. Whatever it is, I'm not giving up until I reach my goals. I really want it bad!
    I always put on a good music that drifts me away while I work out. But my internal resistant to head out for a run or even workout is bad.. I realized that I have started my TV addiction due to "staying as a loser" long time ago might be getting in the way. I'm trying to stop the habit so I can focus more on my fitness. @melissabilyeu followed you! And you are right, gonna surround myself more with like minded people.

richardji8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I started lifting because my friend got me into it and I was so depressed at the time, I started seeing results and realised that I could become a better version of myself and I have never looked back