eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Why dont teens have to diet?

I'm trying to pack on some mass but stay somewhat lean and so I'm bulking at 3000+cal a day. When I ask for a diet of proteins/carbs/fats all I get is "Youre 17 bro just eat everything you can". Why is it that I dont have to diet at my age? I dont wanna eat like **** and become just a strong fatty. I'm 17, 190 lb, 6'1 and I train a hard 5 days of week in football where we do strength days (monday/wednesday)with bench press with rows, deep squats with side lunges, deadlifts with shoulder laterals, and goodmornings with curls ...and explosive days (tuesday/thursday) where we do powercleans, overhead press, some kind of powerclean where we just try to pull the weight off the ground as high as we can without cleaning it, and then pulls ups. Friday is usuallly competition with some kind of crossfit. We also do a lot of other litle work outs like box jumps and ropes and core. And we run bleachers for 28 minutes a day. I'll go to the gym on weekends if im feeling alright. According to tdeecalculator my maintenance at this current activity level is 3000 calories. I wanna gain more muscle without getting too fat. diet help please.

eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eaglesalex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    All these excerises are done in the 7 reps range by the way...minimum 3 sets ideally.

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because they want to play by the same rules as everybody else, disregarding the fact that their bodies are still developing.

I know that today's millennial generation doesn't give a chit about the future (YOLO, or whatever), but it isn't smart to go on harsh cuts at that age, or starve yourself.

Originally Posted by Diamhea View Post
    Because they want to play by the same rules as everybody else, disregarding the fact that their bodies are still developing.

I know that today's millennial generation doesn't give a chit about the future (YOLO, or whatever), but it isn't smart to go on harsh cuts at that age, or starve yourself.
    The thing is im still eating in a surplus. I just need right macros. Im pretty sure counting macros while eating at a surplus wont **** up my body.

maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) maaliskuu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eaglesalex View Post
    The thing is im still eating in a surplus. I just need right macros. Im pretty sure counting macros while eating at a surplus wont **** up my body.
    if you want to know your daily macros for specific goals, try iifym.com

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm trying to pack on some mass but stay somewhat lean
    1. This is practically every "Teen" now a days.
    2. They do this out of paranoia of body fat.
    3. Your body is still growing and developing, feed it.

NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000) NattyNation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude your 17 your practically and adult idk why people are saying that **** I eat a clean diet and count my macros and feel healthy. Just search up a video on how to set up your macros it's gonna suck cuz it takes a while to do the math and **** but it'll be worth it in the end
    Start Date: May 8th 2016

Height: 5'8/173cm
    Weight (Fasted): 188lbs/85kg

Maxes:
    Bench: 335lbs/147kg
    Squat: 385lbs/174kg
    Deadlift:425lbs/193kg
    Instagram: @chrisgarciafitness

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NattyNation View Post
    Dude your 17 your practically and adult idk why people are saying that **** I eat a clean diet and count my macros and feel healthy. Just search up a video on how to set up your macros it's gonna suck cuz it takes a while to do the math and **** but it'll be worth it in the end
    Please refrain from giving further advice.

Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honestly ?

Because at your stage of physiological and psychological development a focus on food intake to the extent that you count macros and calories can be detrimental to your development both physically and socially, assuming you are within the norms of body mass for your age.

Also the tables and guidelines and scientific research are not relevant for minors, that would be unethical, and a growing developing body has significantly different nutritional needs

That said your hormonal profile in late teens to early-mid twenties gives you a huge advantage in hypertrophy (muscle building) but your joints are still developing so train improperly or too early and you risk long term damage

teens is a prime time for social development and any form of obsession can be detrimental

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Because dedication is one step short of obsession, and most teens cannot differentiate the two.

Not saying you personally couldn't, but most teens just are not mentally developed enough to always be rational.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

JJ213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Reason why is because ultimately there is no real need at this stage, counting calories is one thing which can be beneficial but can lead to an obsession nonetheless, however with counting macros as a teen i believe its unnecessary, 200 calories is 200 calories to a certain degree whether it comes from 50 grams of carbs or protein, or 23 grams of fat is your call and in the long term will not effect your goals.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm trying to pack on some mass but stay somewhat lean and so I'm bulking at 3000+cal a day. When I ask for a diet of proteins/carbs/fats all I get is "Youre 17 bro just eat everything you can". Why is it that I dont have to diet at my age? I dont wanna eat like **** and become just a strong fatty. I'm 17, 190 lb, 6'1 and I train a hard 5 days of week in football where we do strength days (monday/wednesday)with bench press with rows, deep squats with side lunges, deadlifts with shoulder laterals, and goodmornings with curls ...and explosive days (tuesday/thursday) where we do powercleans, overhead press, some kind of powerclean where we just try to pull the weight off the ground as high as we can without cleaning it, and then pulls ups. Friday is usuallly competition with some kind of crossfit. We also do a lot of other litle work outs like box jumps and ropes and core. And we run bleachers for 28 minutes a day. I'll go to the gym on weekends if im feeling alright. According to tdeecalculator my maintenance at this current activity level is 3000 calories. I wanna gain more muscle without getting too fat. diet help please.
    no need to cut if your a football player man. Good luck just keep training hard and eating good.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    1. This is practically every "Teen" now a days.
    2. They do this out of paranoia of body fat.
    3. Your body is still growing and developing, feed it.
    Okay but my maintenance calories is 3000 and im eating a 3500

You're saying that its detrimental to count macros at this level?

xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat enough calories to gain weight at the speed you want.

Make sure you're getting enough protein, which is easy asf since you're in a surplus and you don't really need as much protein as everyone thinks you do.

.. and that's it, you don't really need a macro break down. It barely does fudge all.

eat healthy
    eat in a surplus
    eat proteinz
    eat carbs
    eat good fats
    win

Okay but my maintenance calories is 3000 and im eating a 3500

You're saying that its detrimental to count macros at this level?
    When did I say that?

I'm simply stating to not count or track calories at your age.