whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Has anyone here forced themselves to only sleep 5.5 hours continuously? no time

I couldnt figure out where this belong so i figured sleep/nutrition goes hand and hand. hopefully its fine here.

Anyways

Started when i was working about 16-20hrs a week and 16 units in school. I got into a rhythm and was able to cut my sleep to 7hours. took about a month to fully adjust but after that i felt the same again.

well an internship opportunity came up(year round) so im required to work 5.5 hours a day on the weekdays and go to school(they work around my schedule)

Unfortunately it came in the worse possible time. I up my unit this quarter to 21 units and due to class schedule conflict i ended up with a couple of hours of break between classes(enough for hw)

Well its been hell for the past couple of weeks with only being able to sleep 5.5-6 hours on the weekday. and since its midterm week I couldnt really take a break on the weekend.

my question is has anyone here adapted to such low sleep? what did you do? any suggestions?
    I tried to take a nap before work and it helps a bit. but i just look like **** lol and feel tired as ****.

I know i have no plans on doing this long term but i do need to keep this up for about 2 months.(until my school schedule shift again to something more manageable)

I did noticed that 2nd week isnt as bad as the first.

opinions welcome

thanks

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The thing is, if you have no choice, what are you going to do about it? If you can't do anything about it, its pointless to ask, especially if its only for 2 months. You won't die in that amount of time.

I'm not an expert but sleep needs differs from person to person.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madara808 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep, I feel you bro. Wake up 6am workout at 7am. Class at 9, work at 3-11 sleep at 12am.
    You feel like shiet but catch up on your sleep on your day offs.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Caffeine.

3-5 hours a night average of sleep and doing fine enough.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I wake up at 4:30. I usually go to sleep between 11-12. When I used to game a lot I would stay up til 1 or 1:30 sometimes. 3 hours of sleep I would feel like I was getting the flu and would feel "heavy". 4-5 hours is fine. 7-8 hours and I get groggy from sleeping so much.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I sleep like 4.5-5.5 hrs per night and wake up hourly throughout. sort of just got used too it
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatlimit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SugarFree1 View Post
    I sleep like 4.5-5.5 hrs per night and wake up hourly throughout. sort of just got used too it

how long did you take to adapt? did you ease into like or just dove right into that from sleeping 7-8?

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Caffeine.

3-5 hours a night average of sleep and doing fine enough.
    this is the only thing thats keeping me going.

Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    The thing is, if you have no choice, what are you going to do about it? If you can't do anything about it, its pointless to ask, especially if its only for 2 months. You won't die in that amount of time.

I'm not an expert but sleep needs differs from person to person.
    I know that i have no choice but im asking if people are able to adapt to it. like eventually start getting use to it.
    so its not pointless to know if somebody is able to adapt.

OR if they can share any method or anything that help them adapt faster.

and yes its for two months but you never know the future.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I wake up at 4:30. I usually go to sleep between 11-12. When I used to game a lot I would stay up til 1 or 1:30 sometimes. 3 hours of sleep I would feel like I was getting the flu and would feel "heavy". 4-5 hours is fine. 7-8 hours and I get groggy from sleeping so much.
    I feel the same with 8+ hours. Plus it makes me extremely lazy

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Haven't slept over 4-5 hours consistently in years.

Can't even fall asleep for a nap during the day anymore (despite being exhausted)

*sips More coffee*

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by whatlimit View Post
    know that i have no choice but im asking if people are able to adapt to it. like eventually start getting use to it.
    so its not pointless to know if somebody is able to adapt.

OR if they can share any method or anything that help them adapt faster.

and yes its for two months but you never know the future.
    How fast can you fall asleep? That is key. If you need help there I have tricks but that should be your first priority. I can fall asleep in a couple minutes, sometimes less. If you are tossing and turning for 30 minutes that changes things.

Some other tips. Don't drink caffeine past a certain hour depending on your sensitivity. For me this is about 5 pm.

Next don't drink too much water before bed. You don't want to wake in the middle of your sleep to pee. This will also be trial and wrror to stay hydrated but not too hydrated.

Another pro tip: eye drops. A couple drops in each eye right before laying down. Some of my favorites are Tears Naturale or GenTeAl drops:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tears-Natural.../dp/B0013NE0UY
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    How fast can you fall asleep? That is key. If you need help there I have tricks but that should be your first priority. I can fall asleep in a couple minutes, sometimes less. If you are tossing and turning for 30 minutes that changes things.

Some other tips. Don't drink caffeine past a certain hour depending on your sensitivity. For me this is about 5 pm.

Next don't drink too much water before bed. You don't want to wake in the middle of your sleep to pee. This will also be trial and wrror to stay hydrated but not too hydrated.

Another pro tip: eye drops. A couple drops in each eye right before laying down. Some of my favorites are Tears Naturale or GenTeAl drops:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tears-Natural.../dp/B0013NE0UY
    I knock out pretty fast, at this point im so tired that i actually avoid laying in bed or get comfortable in a couch. I get sleepy and the bed is dangerous lol.

water i have no issue with i actually like to drink a cup or two before sleeping just incase i didnt hydrate enough.

what does the eye drops do?

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Haven't slept over 4-5 hours consistently in years.

Can't even fall asleep for a nap during the day anymore (despite being exhausted)

*sips More coffee*
    serious? how did you start? was it because you made a choice or had no choice?

I mean ideally if i can sleep 4-5 hours and function normal that be great.

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    While not 100% optimal for gains, you can easily operate on 5.5 hours of sleep. I operate on about 4 on average just fine.

This past week I've had maybe 1-2 hours per night on average due to having a newborn. I'm not functioning too well to say the least.
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by whatlimit View Post
    OR if they can share any method or anything that help them adapt faster..
    People vary in what they need in terms of sleep time. So hard to comment. Can you catch a 20-30 min nap in your few hours forced break between classes? A short nap can deliver good results for some people.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How do people function on 4-5 hours? That doesn't seem healthy.

8+ hour crew checking in

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LDARboyo View Post

8+ hour crew checking in
    ASk this question after you graduate college.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    ASk this question after you graduate college.
    Strong fuking this. I've averaged about 4 hours per night for years.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LDARboyo View Post

8+ hour crew checking in
    It's easy when you have no choice.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    It's easy when you have no choice.
    Bingo.