Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    SO you mean go into tech? Oh, ok.

riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) riley444 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subbing for LinkedIn tips.

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by A0wner21 View Post
    Mechanical engineering^ senior, senior project is working with a startup company helping them develop a product

Utilize the summary to say a little about you, what you are studying, and your goals. Then utilize the experience area to list any and all projects remotely similar to what you are doing now. Just from what you mentioned you could definitely milk it. What are you using, autocad? Are you actually working on the design, or moreso the planning/marketing of the product? Whatever it is you need to boil it down to each and every skill/experience you are using or learning from this.

As far as pics no need for pro headshots. Just a clean pic with good light, clean background, from the shoulders up - maybe in a button up or polo, whatever. That will do perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by nctarheels21 View Post
    SO you mean go into tech? Oh, ok.

You can use this for just about any field outside of underwater bricklaying.
    535 deadlift.
    *If you can't lift it without straps you can't lift it crew
    *Morrowind is the best game of all time crew
    *Double everything Chipotle Crew
    *Style crew
    *Sig line can't be a novel crew

solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by A0wner21 View Post
    Mechanical engineering^ senior, senior project is working with a startup company helping them develop a product
    specifics? or is it confidential? very generic otherwise

StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Few years ago, I was a "Lab Tech" and I put "Lab Engineer" on my LinkedIn.

Not a single **** was given that day.
    *United States Space Force Vet*

"I have embraced my Autism. I am a proud Autist. I believe it endows me with special powers that are incomprehensible to pathetic normies like you. I would gladly sacrifice any chance at a normal life to benefit from the GIFT that is AUTISM."-Drips617

TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its legit in my arena as well for sales with prospecting. Nothing like going to a meeting and already knowing a ton about the person you are talking to. You can data mine and get a ton of information that will help you close a sale. I approach it like an intelligence officer would. You can learn a lot about people through social media.

Cliffs- I stalk my prospective customers on social media.

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StiffSproles View Post
    Few years ago, I was a "Lab Tech" and I put "Lab Engineer" on my LinkedIn.

Not a single **** was given that day.

Lmao dassit mane

Originally Posted by TsarChasm View Post
    Its legit in my arena as well for sales with prospecting. Nothing like going to a meeting and already knowing a ton about the person you are talking to. You can data mine and get a ton of information that will help you close a sale. I approach it like an intelligence officer would. You can learn a lot about people through social media.

Cliffs- I stalk my prospective customers on social media.

TFW Linkedin Premium
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrAWatts View Post
    Read your first sentence.... a tool for recruiters. You can either put yourself in a position to be recruited, or not lol.

The quality of your profile directly translates to the quality of offers though. A bad profile will result in insurance sales offers and other shady stuff where they basically have to beg people to take the job. A strong profile will result in offers from VERY competitive companies, sometimes before a job is even posted externally. Srs
    So who here has gotten good job offers and actually took them up? Let's saying people making at least $100k and being offered a better job?

I only have connections with people I've actually worked with and they have given me ringing endorsements and these are people of pretty significant esteem and in high positions. I get contacted frequently as a result but their offers really can't compete what I currently make. I've had better success visiting clients and then a week later receiving a lucrative offer. Then again it may be related to my career and how companies must maintain a certain business etiquette when trying to poach employers from competitors.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Einstein

Originally Posted by hooty mcboobs View Post
    So who here has gotten good job offers and actually took them up? Let's saying people making at least $100k and being offered a better job?

I only have connections with people I've actually worked with and they have given me ringing endorsements and these are people of pretty significant esteem and in high positions. I get contacted frequently as a result but their offers really can't compete what I currently make. I've had better success visiting clients and then a week later receiving a lucrative offer. Then again it may be related to my career and how companies must maintain a certain business etiquette when trying to poach employers from competitors.

A few others mentioned they did but I can give you my personal experience. I got my current role a few years ago this way (75k) and am currently in the final interview stages of a new job, about to fly out for a VP interview in a few weeks (100k job). Literally did not apply, was not looking, and position has not even been posted for external applicants. I get offers on a regular basis but most are not lucrative enough to pursue, or require sacrificing another benefit ( like remote work), etc. You will get more of those than anything, but when the good ones come along then those few hours you spent optimizing are worth it.

Also bear in mind the connections you already have most likely aren't going to be the ones bearing fruit. Its the headhunters perusing the sight for talent. Thats why you want to join lots of industry specific groups, whether you are in sales, marketing, or otherwise. They will regularly look in places like that.
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How do you increase your connection count? Brb stuck at 0 when creating your account.

"I have embraced my Autism. I am a proud Autist. I believe it endows me with special powers that are incomprehensible to pathetic normies like you. I would gladly sacrifice any chance at a normal life to benefit from the GIFT that is AUTISM."-Drips617

Also, to LinkedIn experts..

I'm trying to switch careers to Software Development after being in R&D of the science field...do you think I should list my projects in software development as experience or place it somewhere else in an intro or something?

Biggest loads in the NW IlChosenOne's Avatar
    IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But how can I set up my profile so that I get high end milfs hitting me up to bang?
    * Rawdog crew * Creampie crew * Poverty crew *

Haven't worn a condom since middle school crew

* HTC crew *

notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Absolutely this. If you apply to a job you're always going to stand out if you get on Linkedin, search for managers of the department you are applying to, and send them a message like "So and so, I have recently applied to the position of such and such. I wanted to personally reach out and express my interest, and see if we may be able to set up a few minutes to chat about the position. I have attached my resume for your consideration as well. Thanks for your time, signed".

Using a various of this template i have either got calls which lead to interviews then offers, or the person put me directly in touch with someone else to reach out to and have that conversation. You will instantly stand out over anyone who submits and app and hopes for the best.

Education?
    This is very good. You can also go less formal in some instances when a job isn't posted. A simple message on LinkedIn asking to gather insight about the company and industry is an opportunity even if it doesn't directly lead to a job.

For example one time I messaged a guy at a company and he replied saying thanks for reaching out but he's busy and they're not hiring but suggested I reach out to an exec at a competing company, this led to an interview and I made it to the last round unfortunately didn't get the job. Remember higher up professionals are connected and have friends at competing firms. Point is you want to get your name out there and make as many contacts as possible.

My current job I actually met the guy for coffee and he was upfront about there being no jobs, but we discussed the company, I asked him questions about his job and some very specific questions about the industry and that company (for example his thoughts on active vs passive investing) ... 6 months later he reached out to me told me there would be an opportunity and the job would be officially posted online in a week. I applied online and was fast tracked through the process and had an offer 3 weeks later. I literally beat out younger guys from better schools who simply applied online because he liked my hustle srs
    Last edited by notbadnotbrad; 01-25-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Location: Merseyside, The North, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My LinkedIn is on fire right now.

Brb beating away postal headhunters with a chitty stick.
    fist yourself

************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* ********** ************************* ******* BuildUpNow's Avatar
    BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A few others mentioned they did but I can give you my personal experience. I got my current role a few years ago this way (75k) and am currently in the final interview stages of a new job, about to fly out for a VP interview in a few weeks (100k job). Literally did not apply, was not looking, and position has not even been posted for external applicants. I get offers on a regular basis but most are not lucrative enough to pursue, or require sacrificing another benefit ( like remote work), etc. You will get more of those than anything, but when the good ones come along then those few hours you spent optimizing are worth it.

Also bear in mind the connections you already have most likely aren't going to be the ones bearing fruit. Its the headhunters perusing the sight for talent. Thats why you want to join lots of industry specific groups, whether you are in sales, marketing, or otherwise. They will regularly look in places like that.
    Headhunters look at your connections though. You can join various industry specific groups but you need to participate and even then most recruiters are lazy and just look at your work exp and the quality of your connections. Also when your current salary is in the range of say $100-150k and you're trying to reach the $200k range then LI recruiters aren't going to be the proper avenue to reach this.

I'm trying to switch careers to Software Development after being in R&D of the science field...do you think I should list my projects in software development as experience or place it somewhere else in an intro or something?
    Depends on what else you have to add.
    wait wut

How do you increase your connection count? Brb stuck at 0 when creating your account.
    When starting just added people i knew personally like friends, coworkers, and previous coworkers. Then added some people in similar positions/industries that I was interested in following. Since then I am usually just accepting other invites. People see me in groups or through mutual connections.

This is a solid question. You absolutely want to mention it in your summary up to. You want to make sure when they are trying to answer the question of "who is stiffsproles", that is one of the things they read you are interested/involved in. THEN you want to expand on that in the jobs/projects areas, whichever is more appropriate for the particular experience.

For example, in projects something like "March 2015 - helped the develop Xware2k17, a miscer to miscer repping system. I was responsible for Y role. After completion of so and so I helped to facilitate rollout to W user blah blah blah"

Top part - soft intro
    Bottom part - the meat of it all

Originally Posted by IlChosenOne View Post
    But how can I set up my profile so that I get high end milfs hitting me up to bang?

tinder. lol
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

If anyone wants to connect on LinkedIn, hit me up boyos. My body is ready.

A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Utilize the summary to say a little about you, what you are studying, and your goals. Then utilize the experience area to list any and all projects remotely similar to what you are doing now. Just from what you mentioned you could definitely milk it. What are you using, autocad? Are you actually working on the design, or moreso the planning/marketing of the product? Whatever it is you need to boil it down to each and every skill/experience you are using or learning from this.

As far as pics no need for pro headshots. Just a clean pic with good light, clean background, from the shoulders up - maybe in a button up or polo, whatever. That will do perfectly fine.

thanks for the input brah

Misc Enthusiast WishIWasJawBrah's Avatar
    WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WishIWasJawBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How do I put a portfolio on it?

5'3" 300lbs Fudge Rounds Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Watchout your comments bro. Be careful what you hit like on, your comments, and especially what you share. Try to stay away from controversial topics such as religion and politics. Save that for FB/Twitter. (although be careful there too)

Try to make all your comments, posts, and shares to look like the one's on the successful column:

Anyways, a lot of great post on this thread.

XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000) XabstractX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is it worthwhile making my profile top notch if I don't have many connections yet? I want to passively improve my prospects but I feel like it's pointless because my low number of connections (~20) will overshadow everything. Software Engineer, for what it's worth.

inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a solid profile but how do you all feel about my profile saying I'm actively seeking, while your employer and colleagues can see it too (i.e. I'm linked with them?) So if I'm trying to jump industries and say in my header for recruiters "Open to opportunities in Consulting" or whathaveyou, my current work colleagues can see that too.

Any ideas on how to dance around this?
    ---
    ---
    Aware Thread: You know you can TRIPLE the Chipotle Bowl, right?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168524803

S&P crew
    CollegeTrad.com - "A young man's perspective on timeless and youthful style"

mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mav2505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why would you put your PI on a site for all to see?

Originally Posted by WishIWasJawBrah View Post
    How do I put a portfolio on it?

Depends on the type of stuff it contains

Originally Posted by Jasonw1178 View Post
    Watchout your comments bro. Be careful what you hit like on, your comments, and especially what you share. Try to stay away from controversial topics such as religion and politics. Save that for FB/Twitter. (although be careful there too)

Try to make all your comments, posts, and shares to look like the one's on the successful column:

[IMG]http://cdn.matthewwoodward.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/success

Anyways, a lot of great post on this thread.

Agreed, people will notice your activity

Originally Posted by XabstractX View Post
    Is it worthwhile making my profile top notch if I don't have many connections yet? I want to passively improve my prospects but I feel like it's pointless because my low number of connections (~20) will overshadow everything. Software Engineer, for what it's worth.

Chicken and egg scenario, but this one has a definitive answer. If you have a lackluster profile, someone is less likely to want to connect with you. Its like if you are trying to get a following on a blog, website, or social media profile.... you create the high quality content, then people come. If you were to wait to create good content till you already had a good following, you can imagine how well that would work.

Show that you are someone people would want to connect with on your profile and that will happen organically.

Originally Posted by inq View Post
    I have a solid profile but how do you all feel about my profile saying I'm actively seeking, while your employer and colleagues can see it too (i.e. I'm linked with them?) So if I'm trying to jump industries and say in my header for recruiters "Open to opportunities in Consulting" or whathaveyou, my current work colleagues can see that too.

Any ideas on how to dance around this?

Yep, Linkedin actually has you covered on this!

https://blog.linkedin.com/2016/10/06...pen-to-new-job
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

LockAurelius is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you think LinkedIn is beneficial in all professions? Accountants and lawyers seem to go through other avenues from what I hear. However, I am still not in the field so not entirely sure.

EE Student Master Race Rayaarito's Avatar
    Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for making this thread and checking mine out. It looks SO much better now. Now all I'm missing is a headshot.

DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can confirm, got a huge pay bump all initiated by a recruiter finding me on LinkedIn.
    Work hard
    Enjoy yourself
    Do the right thing
    Compound your interest

anyone interested in a misc LinkedIn connection exchange? We we add eachother as connections and if we are in the same field, we can recommend one another to boost our perceived value.

Anyone in? srs.

AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnimalNation is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What are the advantages to a premium account for someone looking for their next job?

I'm looking at the cost-benefit for being an active user using a premium account versus a free account.

Thanks for creating this thread, it's inspired me to focus on my LI account being on point.

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree.
    Trading/Investing Thread Crew
    Math Thread Crew
    Poker & Sports Betting crew

**1st Team All Sports Misc**
    Portland Trail Blazers Crew
    Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon