KamilM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

optimal number of exercises per muscle group

Hi guys,

I wander how many exercises per muscle group is enough. For example, if we train full body 3x week and perform 1 exercise per muscle group, that would sum up to 3 exercises per back, chest, legs etc. per week. But what about if we train a body part only once per week and we do more than 3 sets. i know that volume changes thus number of sets or exercises should be adjusted but coming back to the main question, what is ideal volume or sumber of exercise.

Hope you guys can understand it somehow, thank for help.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by KamilM View Post
    Hi guys,

I wander how many exercises per muscle group is enough. For example, if we train full body 3x week and perform 1 exercise per muscle group, that would sum up to 3 exercises per back, chest, legs etc. per week. But what about if we train a body part only once per week and we do more than 3 sets. i know that volume changes thus number of sets or exercises should be adjusted but coming back to the main question, what is ideal volume or sumber of exercise.

Hope you guys can understand it somehow, thank for help.
    "Optimal" training volume/frequency/intensity is something that must be determined on an individual basis over a period of time. IOW, what I've found that works for me might be too little or too much for someone else.

The best plan of action to acquire said knowledge is to start out on one of the structured beginner programs listed in the sticky threads at the top of the 'workout programs' forum, run it as-written for several months, all the while logging your results. Eventually, a somewhat clear picture will begin to emerge showing you what is working---for you---and what isn't. You'll then make a change or two based on your experience to date, and try those changes for a few more months.

Over a period of a year or two, the picture will become very clear to you; you will have gained the RL experience to know exactly what you need to keep doing and what you need to change in order to continue to move forward.

Yes, it takes a commitment to consistency over time, and no, there's not really any other way. As it has been said, "You get a years' experience in a year, not in a couple of weeks."
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733