oliviarbusby is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What motivates you?

Hello, I'm currently gathering research for my uni dissertation about how technology can motivate people to improve their health. I would like to know people's stories on when they felt demotivated and what made them feel motivated again. Thank you!

Gadirok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally, what used to motivate me was making myself look better to impress a girl. I mean, that is originally why I started working out. That fueled me for my first year like no tomorrow, just that high you get from infatuation. Actually, I don't think anything else can match that feeling. Whenever there was a set that I was failing or especially on abs when I couldn't make that last few reps I would just pop it into my head "do it for that girl", and boom, I would still struggle a bit but I would push myself even further.

Things didn't work out though, and I never mustered enough confidence to actually go talk to her. She moved out and I think she found a new boyfriend. Took me awhile but I eventually got over her and preoccupied myself with other things. But I was working out half-assed in that downtime.

Eventually, going to the gym just became a habit. Like its not that I tell myself not to go there but there is a schedule and I try to stick to it. I don't miss out on a day unless I am seriously ill (since jan 2016). Since the beginning of 2016 I tried experimenting, gained a bit of weight and have been making slow progress. Nothing like what that first year was like though but you make progress a lot faster as a beginner.
    Towards the end of the year, I was becoming less and less committed to the last routine so I switched things up for this year.

Started a new program and am trying PPL for the first time, 3 days on 1 day off. I use that 1 day of rest as a means of motivation when I do Leg day to make myself look forward to it, rather than what I used to do beforehand which was doing a compound full body workout 3 days a week with the weekend off, or focusing on a different group of muscles 5 days a week with the weekend off.

I feel that 1 day of rest after 3 days does wonders to motivate you

Besides that, if you are talking about an actual exercise and reps, if I am lacking motivation and can't pick up the weight then I play the MGS: Peace Walker theme starting from 1:30 and wait till the climax hits at 2:00.

I dunno why, might be silly but that pumps me up like crazy for stuff I struggle with (especially compounds) or any set I am having trouble with. It definitely helps break the mind barrier, but I been using it alot (for the last year) and feel like I need a new song to pump me up as I've worn this one out.

oliviarbusby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gadirok View Post
    Originally, what used to motivate me was making myself look better to impress a girl. I mean, that is originally why I started working out. That fueled me for my first year like no tomorrow, just that high you get from infatuation. Actually, I don't think anything else can match that feeling. Whenever there was a set that I was failing or especially on abs when I couldn't make that last few reps I would just pop it into my head "do it for that girl", and boom, I would still struggle a bit but I would push myself even further.

Things didn't work out though, and I never mustered enough confidence to actually go talk to her. She moved out and I think she found a new boyfriend. Took me awhile but I eventually got over her and preoccupied myself with other things. But I was working out half-assed in that downtime.

Eventually, going to the gym just became a habit. Like its not that I tell myself not to go there but there is a schedule and I try to stick to it. I don't miss out on a day unless I am seriously ill (since jan 2016). Since the beginning of 2016 I tried experimenting, gained a bit of weight and have been making slow progress. Nothing like what that first year was like though but you make progress a lot faster as a beginner.
    Towards the end of the year, I was becoming less and less committed to the last routine so I switched things up for this year.

Started a new program and am trying PPL for the first time, 3 days on 1 day off. I use that 1 day of rest as a means of motivation when I do Leg day to make myself look forward to it, rather than what I used to do beforehand which was doing a compound full body workout 3 days a week with the weekend off, or focusing on a different group of muscles 5 days a week with the weekend off.

I feel that 1 day of rest after 3 days does wonders to motivate you

Besides that, if you are talking about an actual exercise and reps, if I am lacking motivation and can't pick up the weight then I play the MGS: Peace Walker theme starting from 1:30 and wait till the climax hits at 2:00.

I dunno why, might be silly but that pumps me up like crazy for stuff I struggle with (especially compounds) or any set I am having trouble with. It definitely helps break the mind barrier, but I been using it alot (for the last year) and feel like I need a new song to pump me up as I've worn this one out.
    Thanks a lot for your reply

Would you mind if I ask you a couple of questions?

Are you interested in fitness trackers at all? Such as the Fitbit or Nike+, or would you be interested in purchasing one in the near future?

Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soappy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Look big and swole. Be alpha af

sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think a lot of people get put off from exercising when they seem to be doing the work, but don't see visible results in the mirror. Tech that helps these people see improvements or measure their progress in metrics that you can't see in the mirror then becomes very, very important. Examples would include activity trackers/****meters, running apps that track distance, speed, or map your route, weight scales that tell you your body fat percentage, even those big clocks that crossfitters use to time their workouts. Tech like a Fitbit for example can track your steps/day, active minutes, sleep patterns, and even keeps track of other Fitbit users so you can see where you stand or even compete with each other.
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▇

Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Khaloyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the will to succeed and achieve happiness til' I'm gone.

MatMcGarry is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I believe there are two things that fuel success and two that determine failure - they're the same two things, the tesult comes from our reaction to the thing itself.
    We all have a story in our head. One, dream about success and believe that will be achieved someday. Others, most of us, have a dream of doubt, fear or judgment. Marcus Aurelius said "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."
    So, successful people simply told themselves they'de be successful? Obviously, there is a lot more too it! Strong mindset happens by creating the story that will determine your way. For me, creating personal space and meditation helps in creating my story.
    I always imagine that an author is going to take my life and write a book about it, no matter what. How do I want that book to be told?

Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I use to post flexing pics on MySpace back in highschool, so social media was a factor. Guys would talk chit and girls would mire, I liked the attention. When I was a kid I wanted to look like Hercules from that disney movie, and as a teenager I would mire the ridiculously jacked guys on bodybuilding magazines and wanted to look like them.

Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joeboy808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    zyzz video jon skywalker

samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) samfit7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Frankly speaking, money motivates me. Money is the best motivator. Work hard and get everything you deserve.