Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Why are A Lot of Bodybuilders so Short in Person?

They look like giants on stage...but sometimes when you see those guys giving them the awards at the end especially arnold they look tiny compared to them.

I am only 5 feet 9 or 10 and I met ronnie coleman a long time ago and he was a bit shorter then me but he is listed at 5 feet 11.

Do alot of bodybuilders lie about their height?

kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    NOt sure if they lie about their height or people just put it down wrong...

And alot are short because its a lot easier to fill a frame that short than to fill a frame that is 6'3" and you are going to look much thicker when shorter also, so this being said, alot of shorter bodybuilders are more succesful and we see more of them

Dexter looks like he would be around 6 foot, but i think he is only around 5'6" which just creeps me out haha
    [url]http://www.myspace.com/bazookas5[/url]

East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kyle00 View Post
    NOt sure if they lie about their height or people just put it down wrong...

And alot are short because its a lot easier to fill a frame that short than to fill a frame that is 6'3" and you are going to look much thicker when shorter also, so this being said, alot of shorter bodybuilders are more succesful and we see more of them

Dexter looks like he would be around 6 foot, but i think he is only around 5'6" which just creeps me out haha
    not always the case look at Lee Priest he is short as hell...and he never won an olympia...(thats a shame too) there is a happy medium between 5'8"-5'11" i would say
    "it's alright man, you can laugh. I laughed when you walked in" - Jay Cutler
    ««•Power stance, BOOM•»»
    **Husker Football Nation**

feelin like im lookin ;) MrMetabolism's Avatar
    MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    because they actually ARE short

oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100)
    Well I've always known pro bb's to be short because they used juice early in their life. Steroids stop a person's growth plates from letting them achieve their full height potential. Age 21 is usually the time that growth plates stop shifting, so if steroids are used before the age of 21 then a person will be shorter then they potentially could have been. This may not be true for everybody, some people are naturally short, but I bet it's true for alot of pro's.
    Last edited by oggie; 03-06-2007 at 03:32 PM.

LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz
    The mass appearance on stage is amazing. They do seem taller on the stage. That is unless you put David Henry is a most muscular or posedown right beside Toney Freeman.

If you ever meet Lee Priest, David Henry, Shawn Ray, it is a shock at first. They still are huge dudes with muscle. But unless you are even shorter than them - like pushing 5 feet or under - they will not be as monstrous looking in person as browsing magazine ads, stage photos, or even workout routines.

But keep in mind alot of pros are short because when you are younger heavy weight training can impede your height in later years.

Gunter, Arnold, Freeman all got pretty lucky in that aspect.
    Keymaster of platinum accounts

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO/HEAD CHEESE....

-Mods cannot do name changes

-Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

-Mods can only neg, no agreeing with posts

In other words if you do not like what you originally called yourself, do not take responsibility of what you wanted to at one point type for the world to see, or desperately want green boxes - YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charged will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its because when they pose they stand on a platform, so that instantly adds 3 ft to them.
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing." Albert Einstein.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein.

"A person starts to live when he can live outside himself." Albert Einstein.

"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." Albert Einstein

rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100)
    I think the correlation between being short and becoming a bodybuilder is simply fear of being beaten up by taller guys. When you're short you simply cannot afford not to be big. This is also why you won't see many tall bodybuilders. They don't have the problem of being beaten up by taller guys, unless of course there are guys which are even taller than the tall guys. But such a scenario is very rare.

bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    I think the correlation between being short and becoming a bodybuilder is simply fear of being beaten up by taller guys. When you're short you simply cannot afford not to be big. This is also why you won't see many tall bodybuilders. They don't have the problem of being beaten up by taller guys, unless of course there are guys which are even taller than the tall guys. But such a scenario is very rare.
    at least your a funny troll

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)
    so all the bodybuilders under 6' got beat up so they wanted muscle and eventually compete in the olympia and arnold

rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by bigcalves View Post
    so all the bodybuilders under 6' got beat up so they wanted muscle and eventually compete in the olympia and arnold
    In a nutshell, yes. But in reality it's a bit more complicated than that.
    You may ask yourself why do they compete if their main motivation was simply getting muscular in order to not be beaten up any longer? This is a valid question. The answer lies in the field of psychology. Even though they are muscular now and do not have to fear the taller guys anymore they are still fighting a very deep trauma which I call the "Reversed Paradoxical Fear of Being Beaten up by Tall Guys" syndrome or short RPFBBTG. In his mind the bodybuilder forces himself to live through these traumatic experienced again and again, he cannot overcome it and put an end to this. The only way to get at least some relief is by putting on tiny panties and posing in front of a huge crowd. If a huge crowd is not available then posing in front of a small crowd or in front of a mirror is also sufficient as a substitute. By posing in front of a crowd the bodybuilder lives through his worst fears again and puts himself in a fight or flight situation. In his mind the crowd is the enemy.This is also why many bodybuilders for example stick their tongue out at the audience. Some of them also yell at the audience or make growling noises while discharging huge amounts of saliva. It's like two cats in a fight. They instinctively do this.

Due to the stress and the tension the brain of the bodybuilder excretes huge amounts of adrenaline which basically makes the bodybuilder a very happy person. After the show is over they usually fall back into their depression and the prefered way of coping with it is eating. This is also why most bodybuilders tend to eat excessive amounts of junk food after every competition. On the next day they usually go back to the gym where they enter once again into the vicious circle of being forced to workout and pose in front of mirrors.
    Last edited by rudolph; 03-06-2007 at 04:52 PM.

feelin like im lookin ;) MrMetabolism's Avatar
    MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by oggie View Post
    Well I've always known pro bb's to be short because they used juice early in their life. Steroids stop a person's growth plates from letting them achieve their full height potential. Age 21 is usually the time that growth plates stop shifting, so if steroids are used before the age of 21 then a person will be shorter then they potentially could have been. This may not be true for everybody, some people are naturally short, but I bet it's true for alot of pro's.
    just because you have to be 21 to post in the steroids forum does NOT mean that is when your growth plates close, WAY TOO broad of a generalization

3rd day of a 7 day binge The Abomination's Avatar
    The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by elykdogg View Post
    just because you have to be 21 to post in the steroids forum does NOT mean that is when your growth plates close, WAY TOO broad of a generalization
    No s**t, where do these kids come up with this crap?? And that goes for Kyle too...just because somebody is tall, it doesn't always mean their frame is harder to fill...that comes down to genetics and body type ie ecto, meso etc

zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally I think a guy under say 5"10 who gets super wide looks kinda funny in real life even though he might look good on film or in a picture. Its kind of like he is compensating....width for height. I dont think from a aeshetics POV it looks good and I know from having frends that are good looking women it isnt attractive to MOST women. Also friends of mine that are around my height or taller 6"0+ kind of laugh at really "stubby" types who work out for width while being shorted than average and having short limbs.

Dont NEG me or be mad it is ONLY MY OWN OPINION and I dont speak for anyone else except the women i know and their friends and my taller male friends.

I also dont think guys look better as they get much under 10% body fat so my sense of aesethetics is certainly very different than many bbers.

Whatever your goal and/or height I say go for it. Im just giving some insight into how some taller/normal heighted people perceive things.

seanscs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanscs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanscs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my thoughts exactly.
    Mein Ziel

bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i wouldnt dought if there was some truth to this,, your natural test shut down could also cause some problems.. but then again you have trey brewer, whos 21 yrs old, 6-3'' and 315 pounds, whos obviously been juicing for years

oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by bxbombers View Post
    i wouldnt dought if there was some truth to this,, your natural test shut down could also cause some problems.. but then again you have trey brewer, whos 21 yrs old, 6-3'' and 315 pounds, whos obviously been juicing for years
    that's true, but then you got a guy like lee priest, who is something like 5'3" and has admitted to using juice at like age 17, so it goes both ways, also trey brewer is an absolute freak of nature, haha

kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by East1600plus View Post
    not always the case look at Lee Priest he is short as hell...and he never won an olympia...(thats a shame too) there is a happy medium between 5'8"-5'11" i would say
    Im not saying you have to be short to win or vice versa, just trying to say a majority of bodybuilders are short for good reason. You could say what you said about lee priest about tons of bodybuilders, espeically since only two people have won the olympia in the past 9 years

seanscs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanscs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanscs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would have to stand next to trey before I believe that he is 6' 3". No offense to him, it's just they always state their stats taller than they really are....
    Mein Ziel

Originally Posted by elykdogg View Post
    are you kidding me? would you rather me get every person on this forum tested to see when their growth plates close? give me a break man...

R.I.P. Grandma 5/12/07 user178944's Avatar
    user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    are you kidding me? would you rather me get every person on this forum tested to see when their growth plates close? give me a break man...
    X2 seriously

Originally Posted by The Abomination View Post
    No s**t, where do these kids come up with this crap?? And that goes for Kyle too...just because somebody is tall, it doesn't always mean their frame is harder to fill...that comes down to genetics and body type ie ecto, meso etc
    Okay maybe that was too broad of a generalization. BUt if someone is 5'6" and someone else is 6'3" in most cases its going to be a lot easier to fill the shorter frame.

Originally Posted by kyle00 View Post
    Okay maybe that was too broad of a generalization. BUt if someone is 5'6" and someone else is 6'3" in most cases its going to be a lot easier to fill the shorter frame.
    tony freemans the tallest pro -6'2''. hes 40 and just making his mark as a top pro, took him a long ass time to fill out. and why arnt their taller pros?

look at the guys who turned pro at an early age, shawn ray, lee priest... all short guys

CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know most people think they stand straight up but they actually could stand straighter up. A state trooper told me that once.

chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that's true, but then you got a guy like lee priest, who is something like 5'3" and has admitted to using juice at like age 17, so it goes both ways, also trey brewer is an absolute freak of nature, haha
    Not discounting your theory as its probable using artificial hormones before you finish growing naturally could disturb your growth pattern, but in the case of Lee i believe he is the tallest in his family so think his height was probably largely pre-determined.

tony freemans the tallest pro -6'2''. hes 40 and just making his mark as a top pro, took him a long ass time to fill out. and why arnt their taller pros?

look at the guys who turned pro at an early age, shawn ray, lee priest... all short guys
    Thats pretty much what my point has been. kudos

This is fascinating! This means the shorter the people are the more likely and also the earlier they get into bodybuilding. Absolutely fascinating! Most likely they already got beaten up at an early stage which then made them start lifting weights.

Originally Posted by chenko View Post
    Not discounting your theory as its probable using artificial hormones before you finish growing naturally could disturb your growth pattern, but in the case of Lee i believe he is the tallest in his family so think his height was probably largely pre-determined.
    really? i didn't know that wow...thats a short family haha

LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by CallMeGod View Post
    You know most people think they stand straight up but they actually could stand straighter up. A state trooper told me that once.

So GOD what you are saying is that if Shawn Ray, David Henry, or Lee Priest thought harder and stood up they would look noticably taller? If Freeman thought harder to stand taller he would be what then, couple inches taller.

The trooper must have made this comment to you during a sobriety test. Even though he probobaly didn't think you would, you obviously past the test or that lame statement wouldn't have stuck in your head.

I refuse to call you god until I can better understand your word and beliefs more.
    Keymaster of platinum accounts

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO/HEAD CHEESE....

-Mods cannot do name changes

-Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

-Mods can only neg, no agreeing with posts

In other words if you do not like what you originally called yourself, do not take responsibility of what you wanted to at one point type for the world to see, or desperately want green boxes - YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

Originally Posted by LUKEDEICHER View Post
    So GOD what you are saying is that if Shawn Ray, David Henry, or Lee Priest thought harder and stood up they would look noticably taller? If Freeman thought harder to stand taller he would be what then, couple inches taller.

The trooper must have made this comment to you during a sobriety test. Even though he probobaly didn't think you would, you obviously past the test or that lame statement wouldn't have stuck in your head.

I refuse to call you god until I can better understand your word and beliefs more.
    he's basically saying people have bad posture, haha, but i still like your reply