Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Too much Protein

Right now I take in about 200-215 grams of protein a day. If I continue this for a long time, say several years, will it have negative side effects? My parents are always giving me a hard time saying all this protein isn't good for me.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea my parents gave me **** too. But they have no realized the only side affect on me was larger muscles. Unless you have a pre-existing liver or kidney problem, protein is not going 2 hurt you. Notice no one goes ape **** when people recommended high carb diets. But look what happened, it made a bunch of people type II diabetics from insulin desensitization. One more piece of evidence that shows the world is against bodybuilding. Lazy F*ckers!
    PEace

winstrol20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Aw, there is no need to over do it. I am sure you all have heard 1g of protein per Lb of body weight. But if you are a bodybuilder you need 1.3g's of protein.

Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you continue having too high intake of protein, when you reach about 50-60yrs old you might have some pain in the joints, thats the worse that can happen...

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where do people come up with this ****? LMFAO!
    Peace

MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MER is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Uh, are you reading this out of a magazine or somthing Ruthless?

EvilAnt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im interested in how you guys get your daily protein. Ive been trying to up my protein intake however with such a busy schedule like mine, I find it difficult sometimes. I usually get atleast two protein shakes a day and hopefully two cans of tuna. Are there any other easy methods of getting high protein in one sitting?

Yea be a man and make it a priority. I'm a biochemistry major, i play rugby for my college, and I am a competitive bodybuilder. I have no free time. Absolutely none. But I make it a priority 2 get my protein in.
    Peace

Ghetto Dwella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghetto Dwella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hahahaha Str8 if ur so busy then why do u have all this time to post on here???
    Jokez Jokez
    u probably give the best advice on here we all appreciate u takin time out of ur busy schedule to help us out
    Pass me a band-aid cuz im ripped!

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Protein bars come in handy too. I prefer the shakes though. Buy a good protein and try to have 3 shakes instead of 2 if you can. Remember the more the better, especially if you are not eating well. Without protein you wont build muscle.By the way buy cooked salmon in the can and chicken breast in the can too.
    Good luck.

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hehe damn right str8. "parents just dont understand." anways, if you bulking, your really only need to get in 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. so use that rule of thumb. the rest of your food should come from carbs and fats. im assuming your bulking

cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cookie_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah, Im bulking and right now I'm taking in about a gram per pound of bodyweight. I get my protein from protein powders, canned tuna, chicken, turkey and the occasional steak. Also chicken soft tacos from Taco Bell (without cheese) are a good source of protein. I have three of those bad boys and that's almost 40 grams of protein.

Registered User COLLINSMUSCLE84's Avatar
    COLLINSMUSCLE84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    TOO MUCH PROTEIN IS NOT A BAD THING BUT IF YOU CUT OUT ALL YOUR CARBS LIKE THE PROTEIN POWER DIET SAYS THEN YOU CAN GET KIDNEY AND GALL-STONES VERY EASILY.

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by COLLINSMUSCLE84
    TOO MUCH PROTEIN IS NOT A BAD THING BUT IF YOU CUT OUT ALL YOUR CARBS LIKE THE PROTEIN POWER DIET SAYS THEN YOU CAN GET KIDNEY AND GALL-STONES VERY EASILY.
    You shift key stuck down or something??

You will not get kidney stones or gal stones if you cut out all your carbs. When i diet to loose fat i go on a ketonogenic diet. I've never had a kidney stone. Kidney stones are from build ups of calcium.

I get my protein from what ever i find..cheese, milk, protein powders, meat, tuna, stray cats, unattended children, cottage cheese, eggs, etc.

Br

EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZgain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

I guess Im kinda lucky...I ride around in a phone truck all day so I can carry a lunch box(Im talking a huge lunch box) and can pop my protein every 2 to 3 hours. So I guess you could say my job is body-friendly. LOL
    aka...the macaroni with the cheese...

I agree with Big Red. Eating kids and putting them in your belly is a great source of protein.

rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    EvilAnt- I eat steak about 3 times a week. In Top Round steak there is 27 grams of protein in just 3 ounces.
    On a mission

Little John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Little John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Little John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Little John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Little John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Little John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    There is no such thing as too much protien, damn misinformed people these days especially old people. Just drink alot of water u be fine.

Little John
    "Dont judge the man by the wallet judge him by his lat spread" Valick

Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by BiG RED HH

You shift key stuck down or something??

You will not get kidney stones or gal stones if you cut out all your carbs. When i diet to loose fat i go on a ketonogenic diet. I've never had a kidney stone. Kidney stones are from build ups of calcium.

I get my protein from what ever i find..cheese, milk, protein powders, meat, tuna, stray cats, unattended children, cottage cheese, eggs, etc.

Br
    UN ATTENTED CHIDLREN!?!?!? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000)

Parents are ignorant, and so is everyone who doesn't have any study in nutrition. I am on a low carb diet, and my parents tell me i need mroe carbs. Then I asked them if they know what glycogen is.they didn't know.. I hate when people with flab/skinnyfat try to tell me how to eat. I get defensive and tell them. "You eat like a normal person, you'll have the body of a normal person. Normal people look gross." and they shut the f*** up after that.

There's no side effects to too much protein.. Protein is the only thing you can put in your body that doesn't have side effects. However, There is side effects to too much sugar and too much carbs.
    Last edited by seifelbadrawy; 04-15-2010 at 01:21 AM. Reason: ..

pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They reduce the amount of protein in patients with gout. A few other kidney/liver diseases may be affected by high protein intake. But if your young and healthy don't worry about it too much.

billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billyj1994 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    Yea my parents gave me **** too. But they have no realized the only side affect on me was larger muscles. Unless you have a pre-existing liver or kidney problem, protein is not going 2 hurt you. Notice no one goes ape **** when people recommended high carb diets. But look what happened, it made a bunch of people type II diabetics from insulin desensitization. One more piece of evidence that shows the world is against bodybuilding. Lazy F*ckers!
    PEace
    you...are....so....COOL
    brb miscin'

RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RalphPlsGoNo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by billyj1994 View Post
    you...are....so....COOL
    strong e-dick riding for mod reps is strong.

Brb bumping a thread from 9 years ago LOLOLOLOLOL

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by seifelbadrawy View Post
    Parents are ignorant, and so is everyone who doesn't have any study in nutrition. I am on a low carb diet, and my parents tell me i need mroe carbs. Then I asked them if they know what glycogen is.they didn't know.. I hate when people with flab/skinnyfat try to tell me how to eat. I get defensive and tell them. "You eat like a normal person, you'll have the body of a normal person. Normal people look gross." and they shut the f*** up after that.

There's no side effects to too much protein.. Protein is the only thing you can put in your body that doesn't have side effects. However, There is side effects to too much sugar and too much carbs.
    You're wrong.

Quite the contrary. Protein is the only thing, trans fats and excess vitamins and minerals excluded, that you can put into your body that can have side effects.

Too much protein can cause altered kidney and liver function, it can be converted to fat for storage in excess, it's a theory that it can lead to osteoporosis, among other things.

I'd LOVE to know the "side effects" of too much sugar and carbs.. OTHER than fat gain when in excess.

JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    Right now I take in about 200-215 grams of protein a day. If I continue this for a long time, say several years, will it have negative side effects? My parents are always giving me a hard time saying all this protein isn't good for me.
    Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!!

Sports? Yeah I do sports, sport of aesthetics / *mixed race crew*

All hail Thor.

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JokaJJayy View Post
    10 year old thread..

OP was 17 when he made this.

JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CajunPballer View Post
    10 year old thread..

OP was 17 when he made this.
    wow serious strong bump..

ahh well lulz were had for a couple seconds..
    Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!!

Sports? Yeah I do sports, sport of aesthetics / *mixed race crew*

All hail Thor.

Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100) Postal2aw is not very well liked. (-100)
    Don't let parents (or in fact anyone) pull you down... People laughed at all the great people, but look at them now!

NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CajunPballer View Post
    You're wrong.

Quite the contrary. Protein is the only thing, trans fats and excess vitamins and minerals excluded, that you can put into your body that can have side effects.

Too much protein can cause altered kidney and liver function, it can be converted to fat for storage in excess, it's a theory that it can lead to osteoporosis, among other things.

I'd LOVE to know the "side effects" of too much sugar and carbs.. OTHER than fat gain when in excess.
    diabetes
    ★☆★★☆ tmiscplace2 crew ★☆★★☆
    Always pick 4 crew
    ☆★★☆ BELGIUM WILL CRUSH USA 1/07/2014 NEVER FORGET ☆★★☆

2k+

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Originally Posted by NeoginCF View Post
    diabetes

No it doesn't.