PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post 11 months to Transform myself and I need help

Hi all

I'm currently 17st 7lb and 23 years of age 5ft 7 and male

I am going travelling in 11 months and whilst away I plan to propose to my girlfriend obviously I'm here for help. I want to have a beach body and get myself in shape I know its going to be a very long road to success and I may have left myself with too little time. But I know I have what it takes in me to get there I will go the extra mile every workout and I will leave no stone unturned whilst getting there.

My weight fluctuates between 16st and 18st 7lb, I'm naturally stocky and broad I get alot of people say that I don't look the weight I am because of my build I look lighter than I really am.

I'm at logger heads and really need help I would appreciate it so much if someone would give me a push in the right direction.

I've recently started carb cycling and I get in the gym for 5 days a week 3 days cardio 2 days weight training. If anyone would be able to tell me whether this is a good mix it would be a great help.

Any help would be welcomed so I can get in shape start playing sports again and reach my goal of looking good on one knee for my girlfriend.

Thank you in advance!

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So you are 245 pounds and 5' 7" tall and want a "beach body" in less than a year?

Not going to happen.

You likely have 75-80 pounds to lose in order to get "lean-ish" which you might be able to do in 11 months if you worked your ass off however even after you get to that point you will probably not have anywhere near the muscle and definition that you are hoping for.

Developing that would likely take another year or two of hard work to accomplish.

That said, you will almost certainly look better after dropping the fat than you do today.

Read the following thread, figure out your estimated TDEE and start dieting at a deficit of 500-1000cal/day while working out with weights 3-4 times per week on a good beginner program like Stronglifts or 5x5 and that should get you started down the right path.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380403
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well that's my plan out the window but thank you for your advice, I shall have a look at that now and hope for the best! If all else fails I'll just be a slimmer version of me and may have to put the travelling back a few months

Registered User BecomingSmaller's Avatar
    BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    11 months is long enough for o make a serious impact on how you look and make both yourself and your girlfriend proud. You won't get eye popping muscles or ripped abs but you can get a lean look and flat stomach. Good luck.
    I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.

54 year old male 6'4
    Jan 2016: 315#, May 2017: 185# 15%
    Next goal: 185# 12%
    #250kchallenge2018

Thank you very much as said before I'm going to try my hardest to get in shape just so I don't have no flab hanging over when I get on one knee

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PhantomEater View Post
    Thank you very much as said before I'm going to try my hardest to get in shape just so I don't have no flab hanging over when I get on one knee
    11 months in plenty enough time to transform your body. You need to read the stickies is this forum and the nutrition forum. Learning how to lose weight and how to eat to support your goals is the best thing you can do for yourself. Quit carb cycling, it has no real advantage that you should be doing it. Visit the workout forum to find a proven beginner weight training plan.

Figure out calories and macros. Learn how to eat to meet your calorie and macro/micro/fiber needs. Find a proven weight training routine. Once you do that, come back here and ask any additional questions you think aren't already in the stickies.
    New England Patriot
    MISC Dynasty League Champion 2018

haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, 11 months is DEFINITELY enough time to make a decent transformation. If you put in the work, you will look a lot better in 11 months.

2 days of weight training/week is a little bit too little though. Instead, since you're already training 5 days a week, what I'd do is to do cardio and weights simultaneously. Do bear in mind that even while doing weight training only, you will be burning off calories as well so if 5 days cardio seems too much, do it alternate days. Basically what you wanna do in the next 11 months is to slowly lose fat mass AND increase muscle composition. As you increase your muscle composition, it will fast track your progress in looking better and meaner.

What I'm saying is to do weights 4-5 days a week instead, go heavy and target EVERY muscle group within the week. Assuming you're spending time at the gym during all days, start off with 20-30 minutes of moderate cardio on the treadmill. Then hit the weights. Try having your carbs closer to your workout sessions and lower carbs on rest days where you're not as active. It is also worth to point out that if you can keep training constantly, this will start to increase your metabolism and you will burn fat faster as you progress.

Hope that helped buddy!
    I won't use the forum to promote my channel

Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Suggested changes:

1. Do cardio every day.
    2. Zig-zag diet.

You're welcome.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Suggested changes:

2. Zig-zag diet.

You're welcome.
    Terrible idea.

He is 80 pounds overweight and at this point has no business adding extra calories on any day of the week.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Tyler 2016

Yeah I've been reading a few trying to keep and process all the knowledge I'm learning also going to write vital info down on paper!
    Thank you for your advice its truly appreciated

Haikal

I'm ready to work my arse into the ground in every session and really go to town to transform myself, I've upped my weight training for this coming week spent the last 2 days doing weight training and finishing with 20 minutes HIIT on a cross trainer I love a treadmill and I'm rather fast but I suffer with shin splints and I want to lose weight before I pound my shins,

I shall be able to train continuosly, another close friend said the same about carbs near workout time, this is something I'm going to do, thank you that's gave me a bit of motivation

The kind words and help from everyone is definitely putting me in a focused zone! Knowing others are so willing to help for what I see as such a big point in my life, Thank you

I guess the zig zag diet may not be for me now until I lose some of my initial weight but the cardio I shall do

Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So I get negged for my suggestions? Wow. How many degrees and certifications do you two guys have? (My first certs taught by Tom Platz and Fred Hatfield themselves). How many clients have you trained? How many physique competitors have you trained?

The zig-zag diet works for everyone, every time - depending on how you adapt it. I suggest you two use it for muscle weight gain BTW.

Guess my advice isn't wanted here, back to the people who pay me for it.

Blackout your advice is welcomed by me I welcome all the advice I can get

So I get negged for my suggestions?
    Nope. I didn't "neg you" just said that adding calories to a fat person's diet is a terrible idea.

...and it is.

Change up his macros a bit on certain days due to workload (but keep to the same calories)...sure.

Adding calories on days he works out? Hell no.

The OP needs to develop the discipline and consistency in control of his his life and diet that he is lacking now. Giving him "permission" to eat extra on days he works out is just going to sabotage all of that.

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    Nope. I didn't "neg you" just said that adding calories to a fat person's diet is a terrible idea.

...and it is.

Change up his macros a bit on certain days due to workload (but keep to the same calories)...sure.

Adding calories on days he works out? Hell no.

The OP needs to develop the discipline and consistency in control of his his life and diet that he is lacking now. Giving him "permission" to eat extra on days he works out is just going to sabotage all of that.

That is a simplistic view of the practice.

Staying at the same calories in a deficit for long periods is why people lose lean mass. No one should expect to lose muscle on a cut, except some trainees that are already lean and getting into single digit bodyfat levels, or who cut calories too far, or make other mistakes.

The 'high calorie days' on a fat loss plan are usually at maintenance level. And the low calorie days between them create a large deficit on a weekly basis.

And it always takes discipline. It's not pies and cake on the high days.

Perhaps.. but as I already pointed out...

If the OP had that kind of discipline then he probably wouldn't be fat in the first place.

He needs to first spend the time learning how to eat correctly and in a relatively simple manner in order to develop the kind of discipline that would be required for what you propose.

As I said... At this point in time, expecting him so significantly under eat on some days and then giving him "permission" to overeat on workout days is going to lead to nothing but binges.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is a simplistic view of the practice.

Staying at the same calories in a deficit for long periods is why people lose lean mass. No one should expect to lose muscle on a cut, except some trainees that are already lean and getting into single digit bodyfat levels, or who cut calories too far, or make other mistakes.

The 'high calorie days' on a fat loss plan are usually at maintenance level. And the low calorie days between them create a large deficit on a weekly basis.

I'd like to see a source on that.

The OP has a lot of weight to lose and I see no reason to complicate it at this point. Eat in a deficit, eat sufficient protein, and lift. He will be fine. It's similar to beginning programming for lifting weights. Simple works. Once you have mastered that you might want to add complexity but there's no need to do it from the start.

Hi all thanks for your advice and regardless of your conflict in views thank you for any advice that was given,

I've seen so many people say carb cycling is pointless so over the next few days I'm going to try and change my diet not the food I eat but the low carb high carb days, I've changed my plan up to 4 days of weights and some cardio on them days and cardio inbetween to try regain my fitness and stamina so when I drop into low 15st and high 14st I can return to playing football

I read the thread that was advised and I'm having trouble calculating my macros I'm great with numbers and rather smart but its really confusing me somehow ha.

my current diet consists of chicken nuts brown rice quinoa eggs protein shake, brocolli carrots potatos, but I'm struggling to hit what seems like reasonable calories, as I previously mentioned I was carb cycling and it was hard on low carb days to hit higher calories than 1200-1300 personally without feeling like I was force feeding myself, today I managed 1900 calories, my fitness pal says I should have 2200 a day to lose 2lb a week but I'm struggling to hit it, I drink nothing but water and that's easy and I'm staying away from anything processed I don't eat fish or steak which is also a slight problem so its turkey or chicken

any other advice would be welcome on what I've just raised, I'm new to this transformation game and finding my feet all your help is much appreciated and has gave me a good lift knowing I'm not alone in my battle to lose weight and that there are people willing to help

Thank you once again in Advance
    Phantom.