Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working my ass off... but not winning 😔

I didn't know where to post this at. So I'm going to try here. It's a very long read, so if you don't have time, you don't need to read (: I do appreciate it a lot tho if you do decide to read my long story haha

First thing is, I understand how hard it is and what it takes to become the best high school wrestler in the state/the country/even the county. Wrestling is freaking HARD.

In practice, 5 days a week, I work my ass off. I really do. I try to push myself up and above everyone else on a consistent basis. But this is not about everyone else. This is about me. I push myself everyday practicing and I can honestly, with all my heart, say that everyday I put 110% of my effort in. I am currently 3-8 on the season and I'm embarrassed by it. I'm a very strong kid at 152 pounds, and very built. Getting beat my skinny kids because of my lousy technique. I try and try and try all the damn time in practice and in my matches, but nothing ever seems good enough. In my matches, I just get completely torn to shreds. It's like I forget how to wrestle when I shake the opponents hand. In sophomore year I wrestled. I was a workhorse my coach would always say, and I was actually awarded the "110%" award. Meaning everyday in practice, no matter what we were doing, I would drill hard and fast and always be the first one done with sprints and stay after for extra help. Even in sophomore year though, working my ass off all the time, I went 3-13 on the season and embarrassed myself.

I guess I'm hoping someone will read this and help me on a path to victory. I'm strong, fast, and my endurance is pretty good. I'm in good shape. The technique is where I completely lack. Sectionals (first round of states) is in 3 weeks. I have 3 weeks to be the best I can be and I am so determined for it.

To give you an idea on how hard I work, I went from being 126 pound wrestler in sophomore year to being 152. With 8.7% bodyfat, with a 275 bench at 152. When I commit myself to something it's all I can think about and it's all I dedicate myself too. I just think I need help or some motivation.
    Because all this losing is killing my spirits 😔😔😔

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It was the same for me when I was a young judoathlete. I worked my ass off and no matter how hard i tried, I just got beaten by the others. I was strong but the others were stronger and had better technique. I lost every single match three years in a row! I remember the feeling of wanting to give up... but I just kept at it, working harder.

One day at a competition everything just fell in place. I still don't know how or why. I won my first match and proceeded to win the tournament, unbeaten! Many more wins came after that.

My hard work finally paid off!

I say, just keep at it! Work your strength and technique, you'll get there!
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenx5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    It was the same for me when I was a young judoathlete. I worked my ass off and no matter how hard i tried, I just got beaten by the others. I was strong but the others were stronger and had better technique. I lost every single match three years in a row! I remember the feeling of wanting to give up... but I just kept at it, working harder.

One day at a competition everything just fell in place. I still don't know how or why. I won my first match and proceeded to win the tournament, unbeaten! Many more wins came after that.

My hard work finally paid off!

I say, just keep at it! Work your strength and technique, you'll get there!
    Much appreciated man. So much appreciated. I'm happy that you got the pieces to fall in place for you. Hopefully they will for me.
    I had a match today. Lost 9-5 against a prettyyyyyy good wrestler. Not happy about it because I lost but nonetheless it was an okay match. Still upset but I am ready for what practice beholds tomorrow and I'm ready to get back to work

Arizona to East Texas kingHanley's Avatar
    kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wrestler brah checking in, you just have to accept you ain't good brah srs
    *Firefighter-Paramedic Crew*
    *HTC Crew*
    *White Zero Ultra Monster Crew*
    *2A Crew*
    *Conservative Crew*

Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000) Mik3yp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey OPie you cut that crap out now!!!

You think Trump stopped when pussygate came out?

Did he quit when he had the media, the establishment, the elite, his own party against him???

Did he stop fighting when the odds were against him the entire time?

The answer is NO!!! Trump kept fighting, and he took them all on single handedly.

Now I know what your thinking OPie, Trump was rich but I'm just a FA *******. Well I got news for you buddy. Ready to hear it?

You're already MAGAing. You're working hard, you keep fighting and don't stop. The world is yours. Slay all kinds of poon, work your ass off, and most importantly, dont stop!!!

MAGA.

richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50) richardji will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep working hard, patience is the key!

Thanks so much to everyone that posted. Just had individual wrestling counties yesterday. Placed 4th !!!! Beat 2 kids that pinned me in the first period last time I wrestled them ! 😊 So ****ing happy. Shoutout to all wrestlers out there... you can ****ing do it guys.

The first seeded kid (who ended up winning the entire tournament) beat me 4-2 after I won my first round match. He was 10-3 going into the round I had to wrestle him and I'm very happy about how I wrestled.
    Thanks again to everyone

BBBs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just keep on pushing think of it like this, why would you give up now? Do all that work and just stop? Nah man keep going and try to figure out what is making you lose and focus on those points to get better.

fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fergulog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As an X-wrestler you're at a huge disadvantage if you didn't wrestle before high school or even middle school
    Squat: 405x2
    Bench: 315
    BW: 190

djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djc2219 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well 3 weeks isn't enough to become good enough to make a dent in states...just accept you're not a good wrestler right now brah and maybe by senior year. Use this work effort in school brah so you have a good future brah

agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10)

If you're still reading this Raven,

What is your height?
    152 pounds is ordinary on a 5'8" frame and complete twig-status for anyone above 6ft, for example.

With all honesty – what leverage do your opponents most often have over you?
    Get yourself some quick, tasty organic meals delivered to your home at
    www.SunBasket.me/VIP and spend only 43 bucks for the week.

Originally Posted by agentbillion View Post
    If you're still reading this Raven,

What is your height?
    152 pounds is ordinary on a 5'8" frame and complete twig-status for anyone above 6ft, for example.

With all honesty – what leverage do your opponents most often have over you?
    I'm 5'6". Id say I'm pretty built for my height and weight. And as far as leverage, what do you mean???

agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) agentbillion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you, I agree that's a decent physique.

By leverage; what is the most common way your opponents defeat you?
    Are they bigger?
    Taller/shorter?
    More stamina?

vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Weak point training. It doesn't matter how hard you work if you're not working on the right things. If you legitimately don't know your weaknesses, ask your coach or teammates.

MattyD75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, former wrestler here, I have a few things to say.

Don't ever be embarrassed about ANYTHING if you know in your heart and mind that you are putting 110% effort in.

As far as the wrestling, realize that 145/152 are the most difficult and competitive weight classes there are. From reading your posts, you seem like you're very nervous about losing matches. Stop that. Go out there and take some risks (dont go to your back...) try something you've never tried before... you may be shocked at how it works. Keep your focus, and probably most importantly... GO INTO EVERY MATCH WITH CONFIDENCE!!! Know that you have the potential to beat any man you get matched up against. As you know, you will not win every one... use it as fuel... turn that embarrassment that youre currently feeling into hunger to continue to work your a$$ off and master the craft.

Keep your work ethic brotha! it will benefit you in other endeavors in your life. There will always be someone out there better than you... thats a fact not just for you but for everyone...

Continue to put in your 110% and be proud of it... no matter the results.

Registered User CantTrainHeight's Avatar
    CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) CantTrainHeight is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vsportsguy View Post
    Weak point training. It doesn't matter how hard you work if you're not working on the right things. If you legitimately don't know your weaknesses, ask your coach or teammates.
    This is what I was thinking, you should take a hard look at why you are losing and learn from it, understand what happened how to not get yourself into that situation again, and if you do what to do from there. Personally I would try and get somebody to record my matches so I can review the footage. You have to do what other people are not, then you will rise above the rest.