lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Doing only back and legs

So ii am a muay thai boxer and i do muay thai 4 times a week and i would like to go to the gym 2 times week.That is best for my schedual.My stats are 230 bench 420 deadlift 270 squat i now that i would stop doing bench and military and stuff like thath my only question is will this lead too injuries.We dont do much leg work except plyometrics and strong back and biceps are important for me because of the clinch

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dropping bench would be a mistake, you need some kind of balance.

If you are just going to the gym twice a week, just do a full body workout each time. The Fighter template from Tactical Barbell is a good start. I'd recommend a cluster of one workout being bench/squats/weighted pull-ups, the other bench/squat/deadlift.

dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The bench press is HIGHLY overrated in most sports. For your sport, it would be a mistake to take out upper body pushing though. And the most important exercise with the highest carryover to most sports, as well as yours, would be the push press. Just alternate between push presses and regular standing overhead press.

The push press will carryover to your sport strongly, do it.
    My Vertical Jumping Progress - https://youtu.be/JhW-mJOp0Ro

My Training Journal - http://www.dkathleticperformance.com/training-journal

lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukaWanaBBIg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dkathleticperf View Post
    The bench press is HIGHLY overrated in most sports. For your sport, it would be a mistake to take out upper body pushing though. And the most important exercise with the highest carryover to most sports, as well as yours, would be the push press. Just alternate between push presses and regular standing overhead press.

I thought so.TNX!

So do you think that doing push press/military press and accessories will be enough to improve my performance,i would also be doing deadlifts cleans pullups but i am asking for the pushing muscles?

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd recommend looking into some good resources like Martin Rooney or Ross Enamait for more information.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/11...rrior-training

dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lukaWanaBBIg View Post
    So do you think that doing push press/military press and accessories will be enough to improve my performance,i would also be doing deadlifts cleans pullups but i am asking for the pushing muscles?
    Obviously if you can, adding in a horizontal push will be a more balanced approach, but not completely necessary. As far as upper body pushing, the push press will be by far the most important movement to improve at. If u do decide do add in some horizontal pushing, no need to go too hard on it. Save your energy and recovery for more important stuff
    My Vertical Jumping Progress - https://youtu.be/JhW-mJOp0Ro

My Training Journal - http://www.dkathleticperformance.com/training-journal

DavidGreenFans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidGreenFans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Obviously if you can, adding in a horizontal push will be a more balanced approach, but not completely necessary. As far as upper body pushing, the push press will be by far the most important movement to improve at. If u do decide do add in some horizontal pushing, no need to go too hard on it. Save your energy and recovery for more important stuff
    I think this guy's advice is good! I am a competitive Boxer and have an mma background. It important to keep balance or injuries will eventually occur. I agree that a focus on overhead pressing variations will serve you better then benching but personally I believe you should always have balance and evert muscle group should not be neglicted to prevent injuires.
    Other then squat variations&hangcleans(strength), upper and lower body plyometrics.....all my other lifts and bodyweight exercises are designed to balanced everything out. Fighting is hard enouph on joints and creates alot of muscle imbalances. Besides, fighting itself should always take priority.

Evidence Based Gawd scienceoverhype's Avatar
    scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Angled Barbell Presses are also a good alternatives for a pressing movement. As far as programming, keep it simple.

1. Jumps, hops, and bounds
    2. Power exercises, e.g., hang cleans, kettlebell snatches
    3A. Lower body strength exercises, e.g., deadlifts, front squat
    3B. Upper body strength exercises, e.g., incline bench press, angled barbell press
    4. Warm-up and the rest of the program depends on your needs analysis
    NSCA-CPT | S&C Coach @ American Top Team West Pines and Fight Fit USA
    USAPL @ 83 kg | Meet 463/330.7/545.6 | Gym 505/380/585
    Strengh & Conditioning IG @scienceoverhype | Powerlifting IG @bigquiran83kg